Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 08:02 PM

10 posts, read 33,470 times

Advertisements

For any knowledgeable real estate investors out there -- I'm researching AZ markets for a possible purchase of a condo for short-term vacation rentals. I currently own a condo on the beach in South Padre Island, TX, but would like to add a desert SW unit to my small portfolio. All things considered, would you lean toward Tucson or Scottsdale? I'd really like to buy in Sedona, but they have a ban on rentals less than 30 days.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 08:21 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,281,142 times
depends on your budget.

There is a good market for short term vacation rentals in Scottsdale, but they will be more $ than in Tucson. One of the newer things going on in Scottsdale is the condo-tel concept. It's basically a condominium property with a hotel-type management company on site that has a rental pool that will manage rentals for you and take care of everything for a cut of the rental amount. Over the long term, these types of properties will allow you positive cash flow back against your investment. You are also allowed to use the property for your own use a certain # of days each year.

My husband is an AZ realtor (we live in Austin TX now) and had several clients who bought condotel units in parts of Phoenix metro and have done very well with them over the last couple of years and even with the market downturn in Phoenix, will likely be able to sell them at a significant profit. Good luck!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,900 times
Default I'm a realtor in Miami, FL

Hello,
I read your husband is a Realtor in AZ and I would like to contact him. I need to know if he has any listings in Phoenix for Condo Hotels I have some interested buyers and I would like his help . Please call me at 305-710-6015

Regards,
Ginna Rojas
Coldwell Banker/All Nations Realty
www.ginnarojas.com

Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 21,396 times
I would say PHX. would be better I've bought and sold a few properties in the past 2 years and have done pretty good ever with the bottom falling out of the market. Let me know if you need a realtor I have a few that I have been very happy with in the area

Old 07-26-2007, 02:54 AM

7 posts, read 98,897 times
Default Condo investment

I would buy a condo in Phoenix along or within walking distance of the new light rail system. I have heard that prices may double in the next 5-8 years for properties within proximity of the light rail (let's face it - driving in Phoenix is about the worst part of living here!). You may want to look into that area, but make sure you get advice from several people and not necessarily people with a vested interest in any particular area themselves. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona