Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 PM

22 posts, read 72,478 times

Advertisements

It seems that the low elevation areas, particulary Mohave County have consistent temperatures well over 100 degrees in the summer. Do most people just hibernate inside with the AC. I would think that those temperatures would make a home pool too hot to swim in, and it would fee more like a hot-tub instead of a pool. I don't know the answer, so that is why I would like some ideas from year around residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 01:34 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
One of life's little treats is slipping into a warm pool under a star-studded sky on a hot desert night.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:04 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
One of life's little treats is skinny-dipping in a warm pool under a star-studded sky on a hot desert night.
Fixed it for ya.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:08 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsinore View Post
It seems that the low elevation areas, particulary Mohave County have consistent temperatures well over 100 degrees in the summer. Do most people just hibernate inside with the AC. I would think that those temperatures would make a home pool too hot to swim in, and it would fee more like a hot-tub instead of a pool. I don't know the answer, so that is why I would like some ideas from year around residents.

We put the aerators on (I guess that's what they're called). They circulate the water and make it feel a bit cooler, relatively speaking.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:26 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsinore View Post
It seems that the low elevation areas, particulary Mohave County have consistent temperatures well over 100 degrees in the summer. Do most people just hibernate inside with the AC.
People cope with the summer heat the same way people in Minnestoa cope with the winter cold - they just hibernate inside with the heat running.

Check out Flagstaff. It has mild summers (7000 ft. elevation) but cold winters. However it's not too far to drive to Bullhead City or Lake Havasu in the winter. Also check out Kingman.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:45 PM

299 posts, read 666,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
People cope with the summer heat the same way people in Minnestoa cope with the winter cold - they just hibernate inside with the heat running.
Minnesota has a brutal climate with its harsh sub-zero winters and hot humid summers. Lots of people think Minnesota is lousy for that reason but Arid-zona is great in comparison. But how can anyone honestly claim Arid-zona has a beautiful climate when considering how searing hot it is for 5-6 months and so painfully dry for nearly all 12 months? Dry weather isn't good because it chaps your skin, dries out your hair, and all the intense sun is why Arid-zona ranks high in skin cancer. The huge dirt storm you had last week was the result of it being so dry for too long, and breathing all that dirt in the air can lead to lung problems and illnesses like valley fever.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:54 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecoming View Post
Minnesota has a brutal climate with its harsh sub-zero winters and hot humid summers. Lots of people think Minnesota is lousy for that reason but Arid-zona is great in comparison. But how can anyone honestly claim Arid-zona has a beautiful climate when considering how searing hot it is for 5-6 months and so painfully dry for nearly all 12 months? Dry weather isn't good because it chaps your skin, dries out your hair, and all the intense sun is why Arid-zona ranks high in skin cancer. The huge dirt storm you had last week was the result of it being so dry for too long, and breathing all that dirt in the air can lead to lung problems and illnesses like valley fever.
So what? The constant rain and humidity in places like Minnesota and Washington causes skin fungus, body odor and drowning. That's how silly your post is.

This is a very big state with all sorts of climates. Having lived on both coasts, the weather where I live in northern AZ suits me just fine. I don't know anybody in our area who has valley fever or skin cancer. Somehow I don't think we have the market cornered on dry hair either.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
How do you cope with 100+ temperatures on a daily basis
Weekends, stay inside and play on City-Data

Old 07-10-2011, 03:57 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecoming View Post
is that what our problem is . dry heat , searing sun day after day . i live at 53oofeet elevation and sure don't feel the worse for it . i like it here much better than Nebraska weather . ice storms , blizzards , tornados high humidity .

Old 07-10-2011, 04:06 PM

299 posts, read 666,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Weekends, stay inside and play on City-Data
Funny you say that because during most of the year all I ever heard was how great the weather is to be outside. Then when it turns brutally hot all I heard was stay inside, don't go outside unless you have to. It's about on the same level as saying "enjoy the sun but just don't go out in it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona