Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 PM

200 posts, read 447,703 times

Advertisements

I just saw a lot come up for sale and I thought of you. It looks about 5 acres (maybe 10? dunno how far back it goes) and it's an original home site for the big farms. The buildings are tumbled down and need to be cleaned up from the glance I caught while driving, but it has some enormous trees on it (I'm from Oregon and those trees are BIG!) for shade, and it is surrounded by nothing but crop fields. It has 2 lane hwy frontage. I'll take a closer look sometime if your interested, it was a for sale by owner sign.
If you want to try to look at the google satellite map, I believe it was at W. Baseline Rd and S. 315th ave in West Buckeye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM

17 posts, read 39,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusky_beauty View Post
I just saw a lot come up for sale and I thought of you. It looks about 5 acres (maybe 10? dunno how far back it goes) and it's an original home site for the big farms. The buildings are tumbled down and need to be cleaned up from the glance I caught while driving, but it has some enormous trees on it for shade, and it is surrounded by nothing but crop fields. It has 2 lane hwy frontage. I'll take a closer look sometime if your interested, it was a for sale by owner sign.
Thanks for thinking of me!

Sounds like a good lot from your description. What county is that in?
Although I won't be looking to purchase for another year or so.

How is the bureaucracy of building codes and permits where you live? It's Maricopa county, correct?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 PM

200 posts, read 447,703 times
Yes, Maricopa, and I honestly could not tell you, I'm leasing my 10 acres here.
Next time I go by I'll get out and read the sign and snap a pic for your benefit. It's the kind of lot I'd be looking at for myself if I was in a position to build from scratch and I've got the "homesteadin' eye."

Arizona just became a little bit friendlier to hobby farmers if you're thinking about hitting the farmers market circuit with baked goods and preserves: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ked-goods.html
Now we just need to get a similar program going for small dairy!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusky_beauty View Post
Yes, Maricopa, and I honestly could not tell you, I'm leasing my 10 acres here.
Next time I go by I'll get out and read the sign and snap a pic for your benefit. It's the kind of lot I'd be looking at for myself if I was in a position to build from scratch and I've got the "homesteadin' eye."

Arizona just became a little bit friendlier to hobby farmers if you're thinking about hitting the farmers market circuit with baked goods and preserves: State program lets residents sell their home-baked goods
Now we just need to get a similar program going for small dairy!
Thanks for the link. If it is not too much trouble a picture would be nice.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:23 PM

I was looking in Yavapai county. Seligman looks nice. Is the situation with water in Yavapai the same as the Flgstaff area?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,930 times
Moderator cut: snip

I would love to do the same thing, but am still only in the learning and dreaming stages. Best of luck to you, and let me know if you find a place!

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-16-2011 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: New members may not post links.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie_face View Post
Moderator cut: snip

I would love to do the same thing, but am still only in the learning and dreaming stages. Best of luck to you, and let me know if you find a place!
If you have any questions I could do my best to answer them. Still looking for places. A bit busy right now with school so it is on the back burner for now.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:44 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
I'm planning to try and build a sandbag home somewhere around AZ. Trying to find a place to let me right now. Codes, codes and more codes, Ug! lol

Old 10-23-2011, 02:01 AM

137 posts, read 520,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I'm planning to try and build a sandbag home somewhere around AZ. Trying to find a place to let me right now. Codes, codes and more codes, Ug! lol

The more remote and dry it is the less likely anyone will care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona