Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,684 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Kingman, AZ and want to know more about it. We were born and raised in Michigan and for the past four years have been living in North Carolian. I know it's hot but the low humidity is going to be great. I have done research but I want to know personal opinions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 10:50 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Congrats, Heather! We moved here a year ago and really like it. You asked about "good things", here goes.

There's plenty to like about Kingman. The weather is warm and beautiful almost year around, although often breezy. Winters are short, but cold, below freezing some times, although nothing compared to Michigan! Scenery is beautiful, you're surrounded 360 degrees by beautiful mountains. Sunrises and Sunsets are gorgeous every day. Kingman is conveniently located right off I40, I93N, Rt66 and 68. There are some pretty good sized cities around for good shopping like Laughlin/Bullhead area and of course the Las Vegas/Henderson areas. This is the smallest town I've lived in, and everybody seems to know each other. We find a good sense of community here. There is ZERO traffic here, with the exception of the Stockton Hill Rd area by the I40 interchange. That area is always busy. The cost of living here is dirt cheap, compared to California, and NY, which is where we've lived previously.

I would encourage you to read the following two threads for starters. There's been a lot of factual pro and con, as well as ignorant dribble posted in them. I and a few others have entered some fairly lengthy posts that hopefully lean more towards the factual side.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...-horrible.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...formation.html

Good luck!

PS: Now watch all the "I've driven through there and really hated it" posts begin.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,562 times
I was going to say look we have posted so much on Kingman good things it should be a sticky somewhere.
Come on down and enjoy life.
Kdog covers things well.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather_ View Post
We are moving to Kingman, AZ and want to know more about it. We were born and raised in Michigan and for the past four years have been living in North Carolian. I know it's hot but the low humidity is going to be great. I have done research but I want to know personal opinions
i planted a grove of trees there. lots of wind. i like that. people just trying to get some peace of mind. type of people that need it. and need more space to get it.
did i hit everything?
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Note too the housing market is crashing so one may be able to get a home in Kingman for a decent price these days

Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Kdog covers things well.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
OK....... :b

Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 33,983 times
heather
i retired early and my wife can keep her job ( 15yrs) and work from home. at present we live a couple of hundred miles north of nyc. here we can't get highspeed the nearst store is 10 miles away, hell we can't even get delievery pizza!
we have been looking at kingman for 2 yrs. (doing a lot of homework on line) 2weeks ago we took a trip out there love it!! there are good and bad in every town scope it out yourself. by the way in 3wks we will be living out there. we have lived in little towns and large cities. kingman will work very nice for us good luck!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,562 times
Welcome to Kingman!!

Glad you took a trip out here, explaining things here does not always do it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsan5 View Post
heather
i retired early and my wife can keep her job ( 15yrs) and work from home. at present we live a couple of hundred miles north of nyc. here we can't get highspeed the nearst store is 10 miles away, hell we can't even get delievery pizza!
we have been looking at kingman for 2 yrs. (doing a lot of homework on line) 2weeks ago we took a trip out there love it!! there are good and bad in every town scope it out yourself. by the way in 3wks we will be living out there. we have lived in little towns and large cities. kingman will work very nice for us good luck!

Old 09-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Welcome to Kingman!!

Glad you took a trip out here, explaining things here does not always do it justice.
+1 here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: