Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 27,222 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking to move to Arizona. I have a cousin
in Tucson; but it is too hot there.

Can anyone recommend a city above Tucson or Phoenix?

How about Greenway or Green Valley? Prescott, Payson or New River?

Also saw Chandler?

Thanks,

Harriet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 11:49 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,539,019 times
Since temp seems to be an issue, I would suggest checking the weather sites for year round weather at the cities you list.

[snip-- thread moved] A number of the members have chosen the Prescott area, so we will give it high ratings.

You might also look in yellow pages.com or similar to get an idea what shopping is available. The Prescott Courier is on line with free access, so you can read current and back issues to get a feel for the community.

Last edited by observer53; 05-08-2013 at 09:54 AM..

Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 AM

6 posts, read 27,222 times
Thanks wretched wretch.

I'm in MN and the hospitalization is really good.

The ideal thing would be for me to be by a county hospital.
Is there any between Phoenix and Prescott?

Thanks,

Harriet

Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,539,019 times
Wickenburg has a hospital. Give it a google.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
I'm not sure why you need a "county" hospital, but there are none between Phoenix and Prescott. As noted above, there's a small hospital in Wickenburg. Wickenburg is a little cooler than Phoenix, but still desert.

I don't think Prescott has a "county hospital" as such.

Chandler is a suburb of Phoenix. If Tucson is too hot for you, Phoenix area is too.

Green Valley is south of Tucson. Slightly cooler, but not enough.

Payson would be cooler, even gets some snow in the winter (not like MN snow levels!). There is a hospital there, but not a "county" one.

New River is just north of Phoenix, still too hot for you, as it's only slightly higher in elevation than Phoenix.

I'm not really familiar with the health care there, but you might look at the Sierra Vista area in SE Arizona. Climate would be right. We have some posters from around there who may chime in.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
The OP should check out Prescott.

It's north of Phoenix, higher elevation, cooler, four-season climate, more laid-back without being too small-townish, has basic shopping needs, and good hospitals.

New River is north of Phoenix but I would hardly call it a city, it's more of a rural area, unincorporated, quiet, leave-me-alone kind of place. Kind of a redneck atmosphere I think, nothing much there.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:27 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
The OP should check out Prescott.

It's north of Phoenix, higher elevation, cooler, four-season climate, more laid-back without being too small-townish, has basic shopping needs, and good hospitals.

New River is north of Phoenix but I would hardly call it a city, it's more of a rural area, unincorporated, quiet, leave-me-alone kind of place. Kind of a redneck atmosphere I think, nothing much there.
The OP has other threads in the Prescott forum. This one was moved here because she was asking about other locations.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times
Coming from the northern midwest, I found I could handle Payson temps much better than Sierra Vista temps. Or you could buy my house--the hospital is just a quick helicopter flight away. *sigh*

Old 05-17-2013, 08:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Looking at a map: not all of "northern" Arizona is cold like Payson, Prescott or Flagstaff. Kingman ain't that cold in the winter but will get some snow, like 6 inches or so in a year.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:59 PM

123 posts, read 243,300 times
I lived an hour south of Tucson for four years without A/C. Mortgage was comfortable, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona