Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 06:56 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
If you appear to be impaired and you have MJ in your system TODAY you can be charged with being impairmed. That won't be the case in the future. You having MJ in your system can't be used to prove impairment if 205 passes.

All we'll have if this passes is someone saying "he looked impaired" but we have nothing to prove he was like we do NOW with MJ and Alcohol.
It is now and will continue to be based on the LEO's judgement of the situation. Field sobriety tests don't require a test for substance now nor in the future. There are plenty cases of 0% BAC DUI arrests. Again, nothing changes relative to impaired driving laws and practices. Furthermore having marijuana in your system is not at all an indication of current impairment.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:00 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It is now and will continue to be based on the LEO's judgement of the situation. Field sobriety tests don't require a test for substance now nor in the future. There are plenty cases of 0% BAC DUI arrests. Again, nothing changes relative to impaired driving laws and practices.
You're making my point...there are arrests but the BAC proves or disproves the impairment. You may be arrested but you won't be convicted (charges will be dropped) if you're below the legal BAC.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You're making my point...there are arrests but the BAC proves or disproves the impairment. You may be arrested but you won't be convicted (charges will be dropped) if you're below the legal BAC.
There is no conclusive test for marijuana impairment so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It is now and will remain the officer's judgement as to whether or not someone is impaired. It will be backed by dash cam evidence of the field sobriety test. As it is done today. Nothing changes.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:21 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,676,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
There is no conclusive test for marijuana impairment so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It is now and will remain the officer's judgement as to whether or not someone is impaired. It will be backed by dash cam evidence of the field sobriety test. As it is done today. Nothing changes.
A driver isn't obligated to participate in "field sobriety tests", and most dui lawyers would advise against participating - most of those 0.00 bac cases are based on "officer's judgement", with handy police reports mentioning "the smell of alcohol on the suspect's breath", "bloodshot eyes" and "failed" sobriety tests. I'm not in favor of allowing people to drive stoned/drunk, but the whole "field sobriety test on dashcam" doesn't protect people from being falsely arrested - "good" drunks can "pass" those tests & many sober people can't.

That said, I'm 100% in favor of this proposal & tough noogies if it makes the dui/drug-enforcement "business" hard. It shouldn't be a "business", but it is in it's current form - anything that disrupts that is good imho.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
A driver isn't obligated to participate in "field sobriety tests", and most dui lawyers would advise against participating - most of those 0.00 bac cases are based on "officer's judgement", with handy police reports mentioning "the smell of alcohol on the suspect's breath", "bloodshot eyes" and "failed" sobriety tests. I'm not in favor of allowing people to drive stoned/drunk, but the whole "field sobriety test on dashcam" doesn't protect people from being falsely arrested - "good" drunks can "pass" those tests & many sober people can't.

That said, I'm 100% in favor of this proposal & tough noogies if it makes the dui/drug-enforcement "business" hard. It shouldn't be a "business", but it is in it's current form - anything that disrupts that is good imho.
I agree with you on all fronts. The point I was trying to make is that that's how it's done today and the passage of this prop doesn't change a thing.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:10 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,175,870 times
Good discussion on the DUI money-making scheme. I was not aware being a teetotaler. Anyways, I found a new poll by the AZ Republic from a few days ago still favoring prop 205 by a good margin and Predictit has a market for it currently giving it a 63% chance of passing. Obviously that still leaves a lot of uncertainty.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:36 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
There is no conclusive test for marijuana impairment so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Wrong again, Tonto. This information has been studied by scientists since (probably) before you were born. To drink the marijuana Kool-Aid is the height of...goofy bandwagon jumping. Marijuana use (especially heavy use) breaks down the synapses (hellishly important connections between brain lobes) and slows down response time. Physical response time.

Wow, man. Turn up the Ozzy Osborne and let's rock out.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:39 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
There is no conclusive test for marijuana impairment so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Wrong again, Tonto. This information has been studied by scientists since (probably) before you were born. To drink the marijuana Kool-Aid is the height of...goofy bandwagon jumping. Marijuana use (especially heavy use) breaks down the synapses (hellishly important connections between brain lobes) and slows down response time. Physical response time.

Just making your random appearance for the day?

Old 10-25-2016, 04:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
Just checking in over dinner. Have a good night!

Old 10-25-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Talking about goofy bandwagon jumping while slamming jesus juice, LOL! Please provide evidence of your claim that there is a conclusive test for marijuana impairment. You mention something possibly related to the long-term use, not the impairment from recent use. Maybe you don't understand the difference?

Using Ozzy Osborne as an attempted reference to stoner music is a great example of being completely out of touch, but keep trying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona