Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 06:11 PM

2,774 posts, read 901,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOL, and I thought you were going after the masculine soldier lady. Discussing their sexual orientation and whether or not they are “real females” is just stupid and immature.

Sinema didn’t swear on the Bible because she’s not a Christian. What is wrong with that? It’s an idiotic outdated custom anyway, especially as religiosity is losing its mainstream appeal.
Simema is the one who made her sexuality an issue. So it is fair game. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition. She makes a choice to practice bisexuality. As for "stupid and immature", the fact that you didn't know McSally is clearly hetro and married show how uninformed you are. As for "idiotic and outdated" customs, I'm going to guess you are fairly young and attended public schools all your life. I make this assumption based on your apparent profound knowledge of life and what is and is not valid in our society.

You can make the claim that religiosity is losing it's mainstream appeal. And you may be correct but not to the degree you think. And to the extent that being religious is on the decline, there has been a subsequent moral decline in our country. But many people in this country still believe in moral absolutes. Killing children after they are born (under the guise of safe and legal abortion) is gaining appeal, I suspect maybe even to you. I'd love to see how you square that circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 06:33 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Simema is the one who made her sexuality an issue. So it is fair game. Homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic predisposition. She makes a choice to practice bisexuality. As for "stupid and immature", the fact that you didn't know McSally is clearly hetro and married show how uninformed you are. As for "idiotic and outdated" customs, I'm going to guess you are fairly young and attended public schools all your life. I make this assumption based on your apparent profound knowledge of life and what is and is not valid in our society.

You can make the claim that religiosity is losing it's mainstream appeal. And you may be correct but not to the degree you think. And to the extent that being religious is on the decline, there has been a subsequent moral decline in our country. But many people in this country still believe in moral absolutes. Killing children after they are born (under the guise of safe and legal abortion) is gaining appeal, I suspect maybe even to you. I'd love to see how you square that circle.
There’s so much absurdity in this post, it’s not worth the argument.

McSally isn’t married and her being a lesbian has been long speculated. Not that it’s at all relevant nor an issue either way.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:27 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Sinema's calling card when she became a congressional representative (mine unfortunately) was her pride in being the "first openly bisexual member of congress". If it doesn't matter what she chooses as her sexual practice then why was it so important to her to make a point of it? Why is it so important to her that she not place her hand on the bible when sworn in?

She's also Wiccan friendly, which I believe means she practices Wicca. But being that specific won't fly even with many left leaning democrats. She claims publicly that she has no religious affiliation, but I don't believe it. Therefore, being as she hangs her hat on the bisexual lifestyle, she can be a warlock instead of a witch. So if I'm poking fun at her "look, I'm a hipster bisexual anything but Christian" member of congress, but that doesn't make any difference in how I perform as a congress person/senator.

Her record exposes her as far left and that won't change.
During her tenure in the House, she voted FOR Republican bills over 50% of the time, closer to 60%. How does that make Sinema "far left"? Further, McSally voted for party over 90% of the time, which does make her a party hack with no thinking ability of her own.

Being sworn in with her hand on a book that contained a copy of the US Constitution AND the Arizona Constitution was an excellent example of separation of church and state. She's from AZ, and was swearing to uphold the Constitution of the United States, upon which she placed her hand. Far more appropriate in my opinion than using a religious book.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:58 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
During her tenure in the House, she voted FOR Republican bills over 50% of the time, closer to 60%. How does that make Sinema "far left"? Further, McSally voted for party over 90% of the time, which does make her a party hack with no thinking ability of her own.

Being sworn in with her hand on a book that contained a copy of the US Constitution AND the Arizona Constitution was an excellent example of separation of church and state. She's from AZ, and was swearing to uphold the Constitution of the United States, upon which she placed her hand. Far more appropriate in my opinion than using a religious book.
Interesting stat for Sinema. I would have to give yukon some points on their argument.

Last edited by veritased; 02-04-2019 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: corrected name

Old 02-06-2019, 05:56 PM

I was happy to see Sinema last night in which she didn't join the white blight movement in the events haute couture of the DNC women rabble ... and she stood up at least once to vigorously clap for something Trump raised. Kind of warming up to her, as a right leaning person. At least she's not so far acting like a robot of either party. I'll be watching.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:39 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
I was happy to see Sinema last night in which she didn't join the white blight movement in the events haute couture of the DNC women rabble ... and she stood up at least once to vigorously clap for something Trump raised. Kind of warming up to her, as a right leaning person. At least she's not so far acting like a robot of either party. I'll be watching.
But her boots?!?!

Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
White blight? I realize some are quite easily offended, but being bothered by a show of tribute to women’s suffrage? You can’t really be that sensitive.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 AM

I just don't think every single camera moment is an advertising moment for cause of the day. Whatever it is, even those i am in favor of. Can there just be a moment of decorum anywhere in the government today. Business attire for business reasons. No ?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I just don't think every single camera moment is an advertising moment for cause of the day. Whatever it is, even those i am in favor of. Can there just be a moment of decorum anywhere in the government today. Business attire for business reasons. No ?
You really need a history lesson if you think the suffragette movement is a "cause of the day". Wearing white and dressing decorously in business attire are not mutually exclusive.

You also must realize the hypocrisy of referring to congresswomen as "rabble" and referring to their attire as "blight" while criticizing others over a perceived lack of decorum.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:20 PM

I didn't say any such thing about the value of the suffragete movement, perhaps you should read my sentence again.
I simply said, and funny that I have to copy/paste to prove it:
"I just don't think every single camera moment is an advertising moment for cause of the day."

That's all. If you are fine with every government function being a constant opportunity to protest or promote their cause of the day, as valid as the cause is at face value, good for you. I don't want to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: