Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 08:41 PM

7 posts, read 10,843 times

Advertisements

Interested in moving to AZ between Phoenix and Tucson. Where is the best weather, best healthcare, safest, cheapest taxes, etc.????? Looking for a maintenance free yard. All information would be appreciated.

Old 12-27-2021, 03:41 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,478,654 times
Well to be honest, there isn't much between the two cities. You are either in one or the other.

We landed in NW Tucson, partly due to family and partly due to it's ease of getting up to Phoenix. It is anywhere from 5-10 degrees cooler in the summer, more rain and with the U of A in town a ton of good doctors.

The cities in between Phoenix and Tucson are generally agricultural towns or very small towns that rely on the interstate and are full of truck stops.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancykygirl View Post
Interested in moving to AZ between Phoenix and Tucson. Where is the best weather, best healthcare, safest, cheapest taxes, etc.????? Looking for a maintenance free yard. All information would be appreciated.
Your only choice would be Casa Grande. Good luck with that! Other than that, there's nothing between Phoenix and Tucson.

Old 12-27-2021, 12:07 PM

7 posts, read 10,843 times
Why good luck with Casa Grande?

Old 12-27-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancykygirl View Post
Why good luck with Casa Grande?
Casa Grande is a combination of cotton farming town along with truck stops and other freeway service industries. Though it has landed a few large manufacturing plants and will probably end up becoming a booming blue collar city due to it's location along two major freeways and having a rail line that all take you to California. My take is that it will become Arizona's answer to the Inland Empire.

Bottom line, it's not a very attractive place to live in my opinion.

Old 12-27-2021, 03:01 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,300,032 times
There is also SUN LAKES, AZ it is the furthest south Suburb of greater Phoenix with Several medical care centers, wellness centers, doctors, internal medicine, etc, Most of the yards in Sun Lakes ( in the front and back ) are rocks. desert plants, some trees, Sales tax is 8.6 %. There are Homes in old Sunlakes, Az that look like Prefab doublewides, not sure what they are, that sell for around 375 K and they don't look small and up to 500 K
This is a nice area with a golf course and Country club and it is a few degrees cooler than in Phoenix and there is not a Walmart for miles just Bashas and Safeway grocery stores.

$335,000 ( regular house )
2 Bd
2 Ba
1,384 Sqft
($242/Sqft)
9524 E Sherwood Way,

$379,000 ( regular house )
3 Bd
2 Ba
2,005 Sqft
($189/Sqft)
9612 E Minnesota Ave, Sun Lakes, AZ 85248

https://www.city-data.com/city/Sun-Lakes-Arizona.html

Old 12-27-2021, 03:33 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Casa Grande is a combination of cotton farming town along with truck stops and other freeway service industries. Though it has landed a few large manufacturing plants and will probably end up becoming a booming blue collar city due to it's location along two major freeways and having a rail line that all take you to California. My take is that it will become Arizona's answer to the Inland Empire.

Bottom line, it's not a very attractive place to live in my opinion.
OMG - how do people still believe this about Casa Grande. PLEASE FOLKS - DRIVE A MILE WEST OF I 10 once in a while. You will find a complete city with almost anything (though not all) that most of the other Phoenix or Tucson suburbs have.

CG is over 60,000 population, is MUCH cheaper than Phoenix or Tucson, offers the ability of short drives within an hour to either of those cities when needed.

Yet in town is anything you will need on a daily basis - Walmart, Lowes, HD, a Harkins Movie theater in a mall that has a Rosatis Pizza, an independent steakhouse, Kohls, Olive Garden, many others.

Then elsewhere in town - Texas Roadhouse, Several grocery stores, a city owned recreation center, Chilis, Lins Buffet, Angry Crab, any service industry (tires etc.) you would need, and tons more - again - very similar to any other suburb.

And MUCH more is on the way - CG is getting our first "build to rent" complexes which offer the benefits of apartments (no maintenance, pool, clubhouse, etc.) without "upstairs neighbors" - and then there are multiple 55 plus communities in the area - including a Robson community (Robson Ranch) where we just recently moved that includes a golf course, full Country Club, Restaurant and Bar, and homes that can go over 500K.

Lucid Motors, Abbott Labs, Frito Lay, Walmart DC, Tractor Supply DC, all employ over 5000 already with Lucid tripling in size this year, Kohler building a factory here, as well as SEVERAL semiconductor supplier moving in during 2022. CG has over 20K employees in the industrial sector alone.

Anyway - CG is not a sleepy farm or truck town - you just can't see most of it without getting off of I 10. BUT, even that is changing as development gets closer and closer to the freeway.

Last edited by sh9730; 12-27-2021 at 03:42 PM..

Old 12-27-2021, 04:30 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Anyway - CG is not a sleepy farm or truck town - you just can't see most of it without getting off of I 10. BUT, even that is changing as development gets closer and closer to the freeway.
It's still dog-ugly.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
CG is great for rural living with none of the benefits of rural living.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post

I have driven around CG. It is an ugly farm town (albeit a large one) with a number of restaurants that all seem to be clustered around the freeway. So in addition to truck stop food, it is your one opportunity to easily access the above mentioned restaurants you mentioned without having to wait until you get to Phoenix or Tucson. To quote one of the other posters, Casa Grande is "dog-ugly".

Now that image will likely change, as I did state that manufacturing and logistics warehouses are moving into Casa Grande. My take is that the regular factory workers will live in CG and the management class will commute in from Chandler or NW Tucson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona