Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 09:44 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,470 times

Advertisements

I got a tire blowout on Rt. 95 between Searchlight and Laughlin on Saturday, July 4th. Really enjoyed that one. My insurance company's roadside assistance sent A&G Towing from BHC out to get me. This driver was awesome. On the drive into BHC, he was calling around hotels in Laughlin, trying to find us a room for that night (July 4th). He took my car to Econo Tires (after closing) in BHC and we left the keys with the gas station nextdoor. Then the driver dropped us off at the Aquarius, which was a nice hotel and had a room available. From there we booked a one-way rental car with Avis at the BHC Airport to get back to Phoenix the next day. The Avis folks came to pick us up the next morning. Once at their desk in the airport, they said they could change the contract from one-way to two-day return if my own car would be done the next day.

So, at 8:01am yesterday Miguel from Econo Tires called to say he was able to get my tires (18" Toyo T1-R's) on the truck from Vegas delivered by 11:00am and my car would be done by noon. This is for my beloved Porsche and I was very nervous, since I never let anyone work on it and usually take the wheels in a truck when getting new tires put on. So I drove the rental car back to BHC yesterday. Anita at Avis (total doll) got my contract revised to make it cheaper for a two day return than the one-way was going to be and then she gave me a ride back ot Econo Tires to pick up my car. Miguel there could have charged me anything and I would have had to pay it. But his price was the same as Discount Tire here in Phoenix. So I made it back home last night with very fond memories of excellent customer service in BHC. Wish I could send those guys more business, but I don't want to get stuck there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 10:19 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I got a tire blowout on Rt. 95 between Searchlight and Laughlin on Saturday, July 4th. Really enjoyed that one. My insurance company's roadside assistance sent A&G Towing from BHC out to get me. This driver was awesome. On the drive into BHC, he was calling around hotels in Laughlin, trying to find us a room for that night (July 4th). He took my car to Econo Tires (after closing) in BHC and we left the keys with the gas station nextdoor. Then the driver dropped us off at the Aquarius, which was a nice hotel and had a room available. From there we booked a one-way rental car with Avis at the BHC Airport to get back to Phoenix the next day. The Avis folks came to pick us up the next morning. Once at their desk in the airport, they said they could change the contract from one-way to two-day return if my own car would be done the next day.

So, at 8:01am yesterday Miguel from Econo Tires called to say he was able to get my tires (18" Toyo T1-R's) on the truck from Vegas delivered by 11:00am and my car would be done by noon. This is for my beloved Porsche and I was very nervous, since I never let anyone work on it and usually take the wheels in a truck when getting new tires put on. So I drove the rental car back to BHC yesterday. Anita at Avis (total doll) got my contract revised to make it cheaper for a two day return than the one-way was going to be and then she gave me a ride back ot Econo Tires to pick up my car. Miguel there could have charged me anything and I would have had to pay it. But his price was the same as Discount Tire here in Phoenix. So I made it back home last night with very fond memories of excellent customer service in BHC. Wish I could send those guys more business, but I don't want to get stuck there again.
You might want to pass that story on as a letter to the editor of the paper there. People do that even here all the time, and in a small town, they'd appreciate it. Write a letter to Avis corporate or whoever can put a good report in the employee files of the people you dealt with.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,470 times
Good idea. I will get on that when I dig out from having blown off work to make that drive again yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona