Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:50 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,416 times

Advertisements

JMHO...
With all the mexican illegals that sneak over here, then send
back millions of US dollars each year.. and with our own country
having many, many wonderful & beautiful places to go and visit/
vacation ..which would help/boost our economy, rather than give
even more to mexico's economy.. with all the tax free US dollars,
NAFTA, millions of dollars via mexico exporting to US, I think we
should give America a try when it comes to vacations and give our
own economy a boost... yes, it's cheap living there, but there is
a downside to everything. JMHO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
JMHO...
Hey, if you heat up the ocean by San Diego I can consider it for some of the trips. Until then that's not a beach in my book.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
you should be fine at rocky point - however, there should be great caution going into border towns - it's so bad there with kidnappings right now many companies consider the risk unisurable on their kidnap & ransom policies ......... mexico is considered higher risk than columbia, argentina and even iraq

Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM

The drug wars are the problem in the border towns. As far as tourists are concerned, the only problem is the possibility of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, nothing else.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 PM

just being there now is the wrong place at the wrong time - the kidnapping stats don't lie

even a poor american is rich to a border mexican

travel intelligently in all cities and 100% avoid towns on the border

Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
just being there now is the wrong place at the wrong time - the kidnapping stats don't lie

even a poor american is rich to a border mexican

travel intelligently in all cities and 100% avoid towns on the border
To each his own. I don't see reasons to worry about kidnapping and there's never been any evidence for it happening at least along our border in AZ.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:15 PM

there's tons of evidence of it happening along the entire border - since 2003 it's up some ungodly percentage

obviously tijuana and jaurez are the top 2 culprits - however, nogales is still listed in the state departments travel alert as a place to take extra precaution when visiting

as stated earlier - mexico is the #1 nation in the world for per capita kidnappings

i personally don't understand what kind of draw you can get from any of the border towns to make you want to take any risk - they've always seemed dirty & run down to me as it is

Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
nogales is still listed in the state departments travel alert as a place to take extra precaution when visiting
I know it is - because of the RECENT DRUG WARS! And even those shootings don't take place in the tourist area, but I would agree caution is advisable at this time.

Quote:
as stated earlier - mexico is the #1 nation in the world for per capita kidnappings
Show me evidence about the number of Americans kidnapped! Show me just ONE case in Nogales; ONE case in Rocky Point! I hate it when I see fear-mongers like you discouraging people from traveling! And no, I’m not a Mexican and I don’t rent a condo there, for the record.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 PM

here is a tucson women kidnapped and taken to nogales

Kidnapped woman found in Nogales, Son.

here is the article from Oct when Nogales was added to the state departments warning area

Gunbattles, kidnappings prompt State Dept. warning about Nogales, Son. | IMMIGRATION & BORDER

they have also reported one non-natural death of a US citizen in Nogales in the past couple of years

i'm not saying that it's as dangerous as tijuana or jaurez right now - it's not even close

however, as the drug traffic picks up nogales will start to heat up as well ........ it's inevitable that the tactics spread and there is data to lead everyone to believe the trend is starting to pick up in Nogales (see the state dept adding them in Oct)

I'm far from a fear monger - in fact I despise the politics of fear

I would definitely not discourage anyone from visiting rocky point - use caution, but go for it - it's not on any state department list and you can hit the fish market, the beach, etc

but nogales?! - I can't think of a single good reason to go there - there's nothing there that you can't easily get here - why risk it?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:36 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
JMHO...
Rocky point is the closest beach to Arizona, and it's much much nicer than most of the beaches in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona