Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Fibromyalgia is a mysterious disease and there is no clear pathology. Generally speaking people tend to do better in warmer climates. And while the extreme can tend to cause flare ups, fibromyalgia patients claim the extreme heat is much better than the typical 5 months of winter that most cities receive and thus they deal with the summers here. Fibroymalgia includes a psychological component. If you are someone who is stressed and particularly bothered by extreme heat then Arizona may lead to flare-ups.
warm yes not extreme heat and not extreme cold. its the extremes that we can not tolerate, stress does bring on a flare and extreme heat causes stress.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,096 times
It is funny how fibro effects everyone differently... I used to live in the midwest and the extreme cold would push me over the edge... moving to Phoenix was the best thing i ever did.. this area doea not seem to have as many of the drastic barometric pressure changes as there were in the midwest. Living in the southwest does not by any means take the pain away but i personally do not have as many unbearable days...and as we all know... living with pain becomes normal... some days are just worse than others.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:39 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwhite96 View Post
Hi, I have been looking on city-data for info on fibromyalgia and areas to live, but haven't really seen anything from anyone living in AZ. My husband has had 2 doctors tell us we should be living down in AZ. Has anyone moved to AZ to get relief from fibromyalgia? If so, has it helped? We know that the moist cold air from NW WA makes it worse and we know that the cold/dry in Montana doesn't help, so I have been looking for more options.

I am sure others out there would love to hear results from moving there since I haven't found any site confirming that is the best place to be.

Thanks
Sounds like it could be true that Arizona helps especially in the fall, winter & spring season. The summers may be good for it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona