Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,948 times

Advertisements

3 tickets same highway within 20 minutes will I get my license suspended. How much will each ticket be? ITs not my car grandparents tags our michigan can they just ignore it and not worry? WIll points be on my license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,297,163 times
You probably should get your license suspended if you got 3 tickets within 20 minutes... did you not see the signs and flashes warning you about photo radar? And no, you can't ignore it, a ticket is a ticket..

Old 07-03-2009, 11:21 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,446,263 times
Good Grief. Slow DOWN, and grow UP. If you aren't paying more attention than that, or are driving so fast as to miss photo radar signs THREE TIMES in 20 minutes, you shouldn't be driving.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:25 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,721,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler90cali View Post
3 tickets same highway within 20 minutes will I get my license suspended. How much will each ticket be? ITs not my car grandparents tags our michigan can they just ignore it and not worry? WIll points be on my license?
I definitely agree with the previous posters, Tyler . . . TIME TO GROW UP!

If you sincerely feel there may be an issue with three tickets in 20 minutes, request a court appearance and, very possibly, the judge will reduce to a single incident and offer driving school which would eliminate the points.

Plan B would be to ignore these tickets and hope and pray you never get stopped for any type of violation in the future, however, that is probably the DUMBEST plan possible.

Good Luck

Old 07-03-2009, 01:49 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,006,150 times
This is a One Post Wonder punter. 'Nough said.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:25 PM

9 posts, read 26,675 times
Wrong place to research tickets. Did you get the photo radar tickets? if so they will mail you a ticket and a photo of the car and driver. Last thing I read was that these tickets wont hold up in court if you contest them and they are $180 each. I got one, not 3, and was told to set on it for 180 and it would be thrown out. You google the issue and also Bing the issue and dont look for the answer you WANT but at all the facts. An slow the heck down, I drive these hihgways also!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:42 AM

849 posts, read 2,924,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
This is a One Post Wonder punter. 'Nough said.
You gotta love those. Especially the ones who GRAMMARIZE SO GOODLY!!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,078,568 times
I noticed the word "Cali" as part of your screen name. Does your licence plate say "cali90mph" ?
I don't have any idea what will happen if you ignore these tickets but if they toss you in jail for a while you may learn to obey the speed limits. If you got a speeding ticket in my state and you had out of state plates you would have to pay the fine directly to the officer right on the spot or go straight to jail.
Like others have said, grow up and slow up, it is your life and you can ruin it or end it anyway you want, just don't ruin or end anybody else's life along the way. Please pay the fines so they can buy more speeding cameras !

Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,359,155 times
This is another problem with these silly cameras. If a cop stops me for speeding, even if he only gives me a warning, I'm probably gonna slow down a little for the rest of the day at least. If you get snapped by the cameras and don't know it, you can rack up multiple tix in a very short time. Every time I'm on the 17 or 10 I'm in a pack going well over 11 mph over and we all slow down for the cameras and then speed right back up. So ridiculous. Luckily, when I'm on my bike, I can usually ride up to 90 mph right between the sensors in the lanes and the cameras are none the wiser.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 PM

849 posts, read 2,924,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
This is another problem with these silly cameras. If a cop stops me for speeding, even if he only gives me a warning, I'm probably gonna slow down a little for the rest of the day at least. If you get snapped by the cameras and don't know it, you can rack up multiple tix in a very short time. Every time I'm on the 17 or 10 I'm in a pack going well over 11 mph over and we all slow down for the cameras and then speed right back up. So ridiculous. Luckily, when I'm on my bike, I can usually ride up to 90 mph right between the sensors in the lanes and the cameras are none the wiser.
I agree 100%. Cameras are a lousy method of traffic control. And most of them are run by private companies and not the municipalities, so they are profit driven for the company and offer little benefit to the local agencies that have them in their jurisdictions. The trooper or state policeman in a marked/unmarked car is the true way to enforce traffic laws. Cameras are (no pun intended) a cop-out. Another way to justify less cops on the street and say they are doing "more with less". I would have no problem if a cop stopped me and gave me a ticket- cause then I KNOW I was speeding or doing something wrong. A camera snaps a picture of me somewhere, how the heck do I really know if I was speeding at that moment at that location?? Because a video or picture says so? BS. I hate those things, and I am totally against that method of traffic enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona