Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:58 PM

300 posts, read 430,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sheriff Joe's actions has clearly shown he is racist against Hispanics time and time again. I am white boy with a fully German heritage, but since all of my friends back in AZ are Hispanics, I take offense on his actions too since I have NEVER been racist!!!! He is a right winger scumbag to the worst degree.
I totally disagree with everything you wrote above regarding Arpaio

Old 11-27-2009, 02:08 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post
I totally disagree with everything you wrote above regarding Arpaio
You are more than welcome to disagree with me. Still, I know the truth about this guy. He is bad news, and he thinks he is above the law. Unfortunately, the sheep in Arizona are allowing it,and have been allowing it for a long time, but it will not last forever.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:14 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Sheriff Joe's actions has clearly shown he is racist against Hispanics time and time again. I am white boy with a fully German heritage, but since all of my friends back in AZ are Hispanics, I take offense on his actions too since I have NEVER been racist!!!! He is a right winger scumbag to the worst degree.
Absolutely WRONG, LVD.

Sheriff Joe is enforcing the the laws of this country, including but not only the immigration laws. Common sense dictates that most of the illegals in Arizona are Hispanics or at least appear to be Hispanics. Possibly your tune would change if you have ever been a victim of an illegal? Have you ever known someone who has had their ID stolen by an illegal or worse yet, have you ever had your own ID stolen by an illegal? Does it not bother you that most, if not all of our social service budgets are being literally by illegals?

Simply put . . . any Hispanic in this country legally and not breaking the law has absolutely nothing to worry about.

My only complaint is no Sheriff Joe in Pima County!

Old 11-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Absolutely WRONG, LVD.

Sheriff Joe is enforcing the the laws of this country, including but not only the immigration laws. Common sense dictates that most of the illegals in Arizona are Hispanics or at least appear to be Hispanics. Possibly your tune would change if you have ever been a victim of an illegal? Have you ever known someone who has had their ID stolen by an illegal or worse yet, have you ever had your own ID stolen by an illegal? Does it not bother you that most, if not all of our social service budgets are being literally by illegals?

Simply put . . . any Hispanic in this country legally and not breaking the law has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Bummer,

I have been affected by illegals in a negative way. I have posted this before, but I have been a hit and run victim in my car at least twice. Still, I believe in forgiveness. I try to put myself in their shoes. Most of them are good people, just trying to get by. If I lived in Mexico, I would do whatever I had to leave the country, legally or not. I know this from talking to my friend's family who has lived in that horrible country.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:33 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
I'm amazed, I can see Mexico from my back porch and I don't have the problems you people seem to have. In fact whole weeks go by without seeing an illegal.Perhaps if the whole border had an Army presence like we have. But then using the United states Army to protect the United States might upset somebodies Posse Commitatus

Old 11-27-2009, 02:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Bummer,

I have been affected by illegals in a negative way. I have posted this before, but I have been a hit and run victim in my car at least twice. Still, I believe in forgiveness. I try to put myself in their shoes. Most of them are good people, just trying to get by. If I lived in Mexico, I would do whatever I had to leave the country, legally or not. I know this from talking to my friend's family who has lived in that horrible country.
Including an ILLEGAL ACTION / ACTIVITY, LVD?

I also have sympathy and compassion for many citizens of third world countries which I have visited over the years, however, that does not give anyone the right to barge into our country illegally, commit illegal acts and literally rape our social service budgets.

We are a Nation of Laws and Sheriff Joe has been elected to enforce those laws. Far too many of our elected officials and sworn officers had decided to "pick and choose" which laws they prefer to enforce . . . such an approach will be the downfall of this country if allowed to continue.

One more point . . . I have many legal, honest, hard working, contributing Hispanic friends and not one approves of or accepts the blatant law breaking attitude of the illegal Hispanics. In fact, they are for the total enforcement of our immigration laws since the illegals reflect negatively on them.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Including an ILLEGAL ACTION / ACTIVITY, LVD?

I also have sympathy and compassion for many citizens of third world countries which I have visited over the years, however, that does not give anyone the right to barge into our country illegally, commit illegal acts and literally rape our social service budgets.

We are a Nation of Laws and Sheriff Joe has been elected to enforce those laws. Far too many of our elected officials and sworn officers had decided to "pick and choose" which laws they prefer to enforce . . . such an approach will be the downfall of this country if allowed to continue.

One more point . . . I have many legal, honest, hard working, contributing Hispanic friends and not one approves of or accepts the blatant law breaking attitude of the illegal Hispanics. In fact, they are for the total enforcement of our immigration laws since the illegals reflect negatively on them.
Bummer,

You are one of my friends on here, so all I can say is we disagree on Shrerif Joe and his actions. I really do not have anything else I can say?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:21 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
I sometimes forget that Pima County has a sheriff! Sheriff What's-his-name?

Old 11-27-2009, 04:26 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Well if the FEDs don't put him in his own Jail first he will be a perfect candidate for the Wingnuts
I wouldn't necessarily label Joe Arpaio as a right winger. He's tough on crime, against illegal aliens, and takes no crap from his detractors, but that doesn't automatically associate him with the extremists. For the most part, I like Arpaio as Maricopa County Sheriff, but I'm not too sure how he would be as Governor. The trouble with even the most honest, qualified candidates is they become POLITICIANS when they run for higher office (such as Governor, Senator, President, etc.). They often are swayed to adhere to a "party line" ... and if they don't, they usually don't win in the primaries.

Arpaio would do best to stick to what he knows: law enforcement. Say what you want about him, but he has won in every election since 1992, and his approval ratings still remain high, despite all the backlash. The only people who are upset with him are the pro illegal immigrant groups who somehow believe these illegals have Constitutional rights (even though they're not even citizens).
()

Old 11-27-2009, 04:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Bear,

I will tell you honestly my best freind who I grew up with hates him with a passion, even worse than me. He even went so far as to tell me he hopes he gets assassinated. He is not black, but Mexican. It is quite apparent Sheriff Joe is a racist SOB that deserves no respect.
Funny: being that Joe is of real Latin heritage (Italian); I would think that Hispanics would respect him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona