Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:12 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
This is a perfect illustration of why I am not an outdoors person.

20yrsinBranson
But you know that....unlike the others...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 PM

9 posts, read 15,069 times
I can totally relate to getting lost in the woods. Frak. I'd missed my turn for Sedona and my GPS told me to turn around off some exit where I got lost deeper....and deeper...into the woods. It was some scary sh1t, that's all I have to say about it. In fact, the road just turned to pure gravel and I'm thinking I would have gotten stuck if it wasn't for some campers who led me on the right path.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:37 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,351,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeseymour View Post
I can totally relate to getting lost in the woods. Frak. I'd missed my turn for Sedona and my GPS told me to turn around off some exit where I got lost deeper....and deeper...into the woods. It was some scary sh1t, that's all I have to say about it. In fact, the road just turned to pure gravel and I'm thinking I would have gotten stuck if it wasn't for some campers who led me on the right path.
Sometimes when a person turns around in an unfamiliar area... even during a "simple" walk in a forest... all of the trees behind suddenly look the same as the trees looked in front!

Talk about the feeling one gets when they seriously believe they're lost! People can certainly put a bit too much trust in a GPS!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 PM

19 posts, read 36,108 times
I am reading this forum because I am visiting Arizona soon travelling from England, and may I say even in a country as small as England we have people climb mountains and hills in sand shoes carrying a picnic basket. I take on board all that you are saying because of my planned visit but the law you are referring to really should not be a state law, or a law relevant to one country unfortunately there are plenty of stupid people in the world.

"Wherever, you go in the world you should never take an idiot with you because you can always find one when you get there."

Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by british View Post
I am reading this forum because I am visiting Arizona soon travelling from England, and may I say even in a country as small as England we have people climb mountains and hills in sand shoes carrying a picnic basket. I take on board all that you are saying because of my planned visit but the law you are referring to really should not be a state law, or a law relevant to one country unfortunately there are plenty of stupid people in the world.

"Wherever, you go in the world you should never take an idiot with you because you can always find one when you get there."

Yes...

Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I agree with the OP on this one. I am amazed at the number of people taking off for a hike without any water at all. CA should also have the same "stupid hiker" law for idiots jogging alone in the foothills at dawn or dusk and finding themselves tasty meals for the beloved Mt. Lions.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,812 times
One stupid hiker story:

Last summer, the Payson newspaper highlighted how many hikers were getting into trouble hiking to Hell's Gate because they don't bring enough water. One guy they highlighted was hiking with his family and ran out of water at the bottom...where there is a creek running year-round. Argh! Just fill up the bottles in the creek! You will be out before sickness hits (if it comes at all).

Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,236 times
Default Why?

Why? The Stupid Driver Law doesn't work, why a stupid hiker law?
Yes, I see idiots all the time. And yes, if we have to pull them off the hiking hill because they got dehydrated and the tax payers have to pay the bill...by all means...fine them!

Head coach

Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Remember as Mr Gump said "You can't fix stupid."

Old 03-17-2010, 07:15 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,844,534 times
That's definitely what I was referring to originally. Thanks for refreshing my memory on the two fires and the two idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
If you're referring to the Rodeo/Chedeski Fire of 2002, that was the fault of two very stupid individuals: the woman who was stranded in the forest & lit a bush on fire, and an Indian (or should I say "Native American") who started a fire so he would be hired by the Forest Service to help put it out. Both of those fires merged and became the largest in Arizona history thanks to extremely dry conditions that year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona