Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,220 times

Advertisements

I am thinking to either visit Arkansas Ozark National Forest or Ouachita National Forest.

Driving from Dallas Texas.

My question, how humid is it there?

Here it is so humid, that outdoor activity is not that fun, unless you are in the pool.

Although it is only 5 hours drive,

but if it is way humid than Dallas,

then I might consider driving to Denver, but I don't like to do the 13 hours drive one way in only four days.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 05:31 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
It's humid, if it's too hot outdoor activity becomes a sort of self-mutilation. It's really rough, I don't think Dallas area is that bad.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 PM

24 posts, read 43,034 times
It's as bad, if not worse than Dallas. Just spent a week in Arlington and it was no different than here. I'm not usually able to enjoy the outdoors here until it's almost dark out, around 8:30 pm!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:23 PM

288 posts, read 1,079,748 times
I'm just north of Hot Springs in Hot Springs Village. The humidity varies conderably during the summer months. Sometimes its 90 and humid, sometimes it is 105 and dry. When the humidity is low, it can get cool at night, even in August.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans Blue View Post
I am thinking to either visit Arkansas Ozark National Forest or Ouachita National Forest.

Here it is so humid, that outdoor activity is not that fun, unless you are in the pool.

then I might consider driving to Denver, but I don't like to do the 13 hours drive one way in only four days.

Normally it isn't nearly as hot as Dallas but the humidity will be similar.

Nita

Old 06-30-2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It's humid, if it's too hot outdoor activity becomes a sort of self-mutilation. It's really rough, I don't think Dallas area is that bad.
oh my, have you ever really visited Dallas? It is miserable in the summer, much, much warmer than most of AR and everybit as humid. I don't think many people realize how bad the Dallas area gets. We lived there 13 years. The big difference (and again, this can vary depending on the year) is the terms. They normally are higher.

NIta

Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
It never ceases to amaze me that they actually get people to move to Dallas voluntarily. Some of the worst weather in the country. The plains in general aren't good in that realm. Weather isn't everything, but Texas is bad enough that I would avoid it soley on climate.
Ah yes, humidity in Arkansas. It should be a communtiy ritual for everyone to mow their yards at 2a.m. with flashlights strapped to the mowers. The only time of day that it's sort of bearable in the summertime. Well, sometimes the temp is okay at 2 a.m.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that they actually get people to move to Dallas voluntarily. Some of the worst weather in the country. The plains in general aren't good in that realm. Weather isn't everything, but Texas is bad enough that I would avoid it soley on climate.
Ah yes, humidity in Arkansas. It should be a communtiy ritual for everyone to mow their yards at 2a.m. with flashlights strapped to the mowers. The only time of day that it's sort of bearable in the summertime. Well, sometimes the temp is okay at 2 a.m.
and the worst heat we have had since moving to AR is happening right now: of almost the worst. Actually, believe it or not we have been hotter than Dallas this week, so has OKC, this won't last. You say 2AM, only problem about mowing at 2am that is when the humidity is the highest, often close to 100% or is 100%. Of course temps are down a little.

I agree about Dallas, but it has lots of good qualities as well. Of course our kids are now considering moving here (they have a home already in BV) they have had it with Dallas weather.

NIta

Old 07-01-2011, 08:01 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans Blue View Post

If you are driving to Arkansas to avoid Texas weather, you will be disappointed. It is miserable in Arkansas now.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 AM

369 posts, read 1,302,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
If you are driving to Arkansas to avoid Texas weather, you will be disappointed.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread. It won't be much different, and the southern 2/3rds of Arkansas will probably be identical to Dallas' temperatures and humidity. From what I notice, it tend to be slightly more humid, but also slightly "cooler" than the Dallas area - it becomes a total wash...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas