Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Houston Nutt resigns - your personal feelings?
I'm glad, I think this is long overdue and a chance for the Hogs to move forward 7 46.67%
I hate to see the guy go. 4 26.67%
There is no way I could possibly care any less about this issue one way or the other. 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:30 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times

Advertisements

Sorry, forgot to open my poll!

So how do you feel about the Monday night resignation of Houston Nutt from the Razorback football program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 05:36 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
I am surprised, but at least he went out on a VERY high note!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
I wish we could keep the guy on in some capacity because I think he's great with a lot of aspects of coaching, namely recruiting. However, the one-dimensional playcalling and inconsistent on-field performance resulted in some great players never living up to their potential.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:27 AM

Storm and Daryle -

Do you subscribe to the theory that Frank was telling him all along every single play to make? If so, I have to wonder about Frank's mental capacities...same play every time....if it's true, though, Houston was never more than a pawn in a poorly scripted game.

I think he's chosen a prime time to go out, with most of his great players headed to the NFL at graduation and no McFaddens on the horizon - 'course, the money never hurt either...

Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 AM

Sam, I've always thought that was a possibility. We all know Frankie loved to run the ball up the gut and believes that's only play that reliably works in college football. If Frankie was scripting things would we have seen the Wild Hog so much? I doubt it. I think that Houston was intensely encouraged to play that up the gut style but the total lack of variety was his own doing. We'll find out next year when we watch him coach Ole Miss! Watch him come out running the spread! LOL! That would be a sight!

Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Gawd...you gotta know I'm a Rebels fan from the word go...I don't know if I can handle the trauma of Houston there, too! I dunno...I was a Lou Holtz fan but Houston's never done it for me. No telling WHAT McFadden could have done with a little more imagination in the huddle...he's awesome anyway but I truly believe he could have been America's next golden boy given the right plays.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,403 times
The defensive coordinator should take over, sorry don't know his name, don't live in Arkansas. He plays great defensive schemes, especially one on one coverage on the corners. When I watched the LSU game, I haven't seen such great cornerback insticts, hand in passing lane, and beating the receiver to the spot. There was some excellent tackling form. You don't develop this from talent, even though it helps, it comes from drills and form technique. The Arkansas corners had a field day on LSU's wide receivers. Early Doucet was shut down. Yeah, us California guys like the SEC. This is the guy, the D Coordinator should be the next coach. He looks like he spends his afternoons at KFC. Peace.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:41 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
Jon Tenuta is the defensive coordinator, and he will be the interim head coach for the bowl game. Maybe if he impresses there, he will have a shot at the job.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:46 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
reggie herring is the interim coach
The Associated Press: Nutt Leaves Hogs; Herring Interim Coach (broken link)
and herring is also the defensive coordinator

Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Jon Tenuta is the defensive coordinator, and he will be the interim head coach for the bowl game. Maybe if he impresses there, he will have a shot at the job.

Who is Jon Tenuta?!?!?! Never heard of him. He's got nothing to do with Arkansas that I know of!

I agree that Herring is a very good coach and motivator even though our pass defense HAS been spotty at times this year. Kentucky lit us up for 265 yds through the air and 2 TDs and SC passed for over 300, 172 of which was in the 3rd to help bring them back within striking distance. I'm not sure he's head coach material and I doubt he'll get a fair chance to prove it in one game.

Oh and Sam...sorry to say...Nutt's going to the Rebs:
Report: Nutt headed to Ole Miss - FOX16.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas