Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM

490 posts, read 1,266,868 times

Advertisements

ESPN and Atlanta TV stations are reporting that Bobby Petrino has resigned as head coach of the Falcons and is coming to Arkansas. We can only hope. Get ready for some UFO's (passes) over Razorback stadium.
Go Hogs WooooPigSooooiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
ESPN and Atlanta TV stations are reporting that Bobby Petrino has resigned as head coach of the Falcons and is coming to Arkansas. We can only hope. Get ready for some UFO's (passes) over Razorback stadium.
Go Hogs WooooPigSooooiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee
Go Hogs Go Hogs Go Hogs GO GO

Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Wooohoooo!!! Hawg Ball Again!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 PM

369 posts, read 1,302,635 times
Go A-State!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:38 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Pulaski Player View Post
Go A-State!
LMAO!!! I think I may be with you there. I'm less than excited by Petrino. Yes he led Louisvilled to a BCS Bowl, but look at the conference they play in!! I think he's a stop gap move, just a big name to stem the bleeding and get the recruits to sign the line.

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 12-12-2007 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 AM

Hey...at least it ain't Frank the Talking Head resurrected...let us all be grateful for small favors...

Wonder if Petrino likes handcuffs?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Hey...at least it ain't Frank the Talking Head resurrected...let us all be grateful for small favors...

Wonder if Petrino likes handcuffs?
Yeah, at this stage I'm just glad we still have a coach this morning!! I was really worried his wife was going to make him go beg for his job back in ATL after they called the Hogs last night! LOL. Given the way he up and left ATL, I think he's a pretty secure here right now and other teams may look askance at him now as a job hopper so opportunities to skip town in a year or two may not be as great for him.

I worry about his skills at developing players who don't have a lot of inate talent. Everyone's blaming his record at ATL on the lack of Vick. He went through 3 QBs there trying to fill that role and none of them were what he was looking for. Instead of trying to mold someone, he just bags it. Here at AR he's going to have to be more flexible and more developmentally minded, he's not going to have a stable of world class athletes to plug into his system. Is he going to give up on us because he doesn't have a world class QB?!?! He'd better get used to that!

Hey..take my comments with a grain of salt. I'm one of those hyper-critical types and for the time being, he's our coach of choice!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:55 AM

I just gotta believe he is putting air space between him and the Falcons, partially because of Michael Vick....but if Michael Vick was his only hope (and Petrino believed in Vick) and he couldn't put a team together without one (sorry, crummy, _______ - put in your own adjective) person, you just gotta wonder. I just don't think it's coincidence he left when he did, with no hope of his QB coming back anytime soon (and hopefully never, I hope MV is washed up and can't get a job cleaning a stadium - oops, is that OT?) - the timing sure is odd on Petrino's part. I hope this isn't the precdent Petrino will set for Arkansas, where we forgive our athletes anything and everything for the sake of the game. One thing is for sure...he's proven he can talk out of both sides of his mouth, a prerequisite for an Arkansas coach. Don't think he did much with the Falcons but he really didn't stay around long enough to see. Time will tell.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:30 PM

44 posts, read 173,735 times
I was a high school football coach for over 30 years and can tell you that certain coaches are more comfortable at certain levels. I don't think that Petrino was comfortable with all the high paid, pampered athletes at the pro level. He will have more control over the college athletes who he recruits. He has a proven track record on the college level.

Coach Nutt, personally, drove me nuts....a great cheerleader whose players played well one game and stunk the the place out in another....he left at the correct time with a bag full of money. I sure hope Petrino doesn't lead the band after a HUGE victory over Fla International.

We all must remember the big time college football is a big time business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas