Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:45 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Please explain to me exactly how he was making a terrorist threat.
It's a threat but he told them to get off his property to avoid any damages. ( A real sissy) It's still a weak case. But on another note, I don't have to explain anything to you. I don't even have to talk to you. None of us do.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:01 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Ok, I answered a few posts here already so here is my overall take.

Do I think the person who made the video in the OP is an idiot? Yes. Do I think this thread belongs here? No. Do I think the OP has presented a decent case with his attacks? No.

Let me go back to the person who made the video. Was he wrong to insult the cops? Yes. Did he break any laws doing so? NO. However as he 'presented' his case to the cops while making his video, his lack of eloquently citing his rights and further spewing the 'Alex Jones' type of narrative led to his arrest, IMHO. Had he been much more eloquent in enumerating his rights without further name calling, I doubt he would have been arrested.

I find it interesting that so many here find that the cops were fully in their rights to violate this idiots rights. No wonder no one questions the fact that our police forces 'require' armored military vehicles designed for combat to 'police' us. No wonder no one questions the fact that more and more SWAT teams (with said military vehicles) are sent to serve the simplest of arrest warrants. I've seen them roll down my tiny towns' highway just for that purpose.

I investigated becoming a peace officer back in the 70's via the Explorer program. I cannot tell you how many times that we were called 'pigs' by the hippies, how many times I heard folks just do a 'snort' when we drove and/or walked by. Did we stop? Did we respond with anything else but a wave? No. To respond to a simple insult was considered very unprofessional then and still should be today. We were also taught that a peace officer's peace can not be disturbed, i.e. a citizen has to file a 'disturbing the peace' complaint. So their arrest of this idiot for 'disturbing the peace' was and has been posted, illegal.

Rich Cape Cod nailed it, sorry to say. And for the person who would have sued the maker of the video if a member of his family would have been in an accident while the peace officers were questioning this idiot? Sorry. It was the police acting unprofessionaly by responding to an insult that would have caused them to not be available to respond to your 'what if'.

It is part of our society to have to endure unwanted insults when you are acting in a professional capacity. Let me tell you about the guy who cussed me out the other day in the Lumber store I manage.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Ok, I answered a few posts here already so here is my overall take.

Do I think the person who made the video in the OP is an idiot? Yes. Do I think this thread belongs here? No. Do I think the OP has presented a decent case with his attacks? No.

Let me go back to the person who made the video. Was he wrong to insult the cops? Yes. Did he break any laws doing so? NO. However as he 'presented' his case to the cops while making his video, his lack of eloquently citing his rights and further spewing the 'Alex Jones' type of narrative led to his arrest, IMHO. Had he been much more eloquent in enumerating his rights without further name calling, I doubt he would have been arrested.

I find it interesting that so many here find that the cops were fully in their rights to violate this idiots rights. No wonder no one questions the fact that our police forces 'require' armored military vehicles designed for combat to 'police' us. No wonder no one questions the fact that more and more SWAT teams (with said military vehicles) are sent to serve the simplest of arrest warrants. I've seen them roll down my tiny towns' highway just for that purpose.

I investigated becoming a peace officer back in the 70's via the Explorer program. I cannot tell you how many times that we were called 'pigs' by the hippies, how many times I heard folks just do a 'snort' when we drove and/or walked by. Did we stop? Did we respond with anything else but a wave? No. To respond to a simple insult was considered very unprofessional then and still should be today. We were also taught that a peace officer's peace can not be disturbed, i.e. a citizen has to file a 'disturbing the peace' complaint. So their arrest of this idiot for 'disturbing the peace' was and has been posted, illegal.

Rich Cape Cod nailed it, sorry to say. And for the person who would have sued the maker of the video if a member of his family would have been in an accident while the peace officers were questioning this idiot? Sorry. It was the police acting unprofessionaly by responding to an insult that would have caused them to not be available to respond to your 'what if'.

It is part of our society to have to endure unwanted insults when you are acting in a professional capacity. Let me tell you about the guy who cussed me out the other day in the Lumber store I manage.
Good post. I think the thing is, is you don't hear the word "Nazi" very much in the South. Jesus- I can't remeber the last time I heard that word. I really think the police only responded because the word "Nazi" is really out of the norm. The did keep walking and but this guy screamng "Nazi" in Arkansas is a tool or has eligibily slip for the state mental ward.

They really only turned around because the wording was off. ( Guy is still a total tool) As far my other scenerio, I would have hired a lawyer.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:40 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
It's a threat but he told them to get off his property to avoid any damages. ( A real sissy) It's still a weak case. But on another note, I don't have to explain anything to you. I don't even have to talk to you. None of us do.
That is true, you don't have to talk to me at all, nor explain anything to me at all.

But it was not a threat. It was an insult. And that is all. Insult \= threat.

And the police had no probably cause to believe that he committed any crime at all. So even if it wasn't his property the police violated his rights under the 4th amendment of the United States constitution. Even if he was just renting the property, or just at his friends property, there was no PC to believe that he was committing any crime at all.

I am sorry you feel otherwise. Again, I do not agree with what this guy did, but I disagree even more vehemently with how the 'peace officers' reacted.

I had an incident a while back when the police came pounding on my door in the middle of the night saying that they had a '911 hangup' call from my house. I told them I do not even have a landline. They went away, but sat in my driveway for another half hour and knocked again asking for identification information of the residents. Had I had a way to video tape at the time I would have told them to pound sand. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. And I didn't call them anything. It was a clear violation of both the US constitution and the WA State constitution.

But you are welcome to your 'opinion' and surrender of your rights anytime.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
That is true, you don't have to talk to me at all, nor explain anything to me at all.

But it was not a threat. It was an insult. And that is all. Insult \= threat.

And the police had no probably cause to believe that he committed any crime at all. So even if it wasn't his property the police violated his rights under the 4th amendment of the United States constitution. Even if he was just renting the property, or just at his friends property, there was no PC to believe that he was committing any crime at all.

I am sorry you feel otherwise. Again, I do not agree with what this guy did, but I disagree even more vehemently with how the 'peace officers' reacted.

I had an incident a while back when the police came pounding on my door in the middle of the night saying that they had a '911 hangup' call from my house. I told them I do not even have a landline. They went away, but sat in my driveway for another half hour and knocked again asking for identification information of the residents. Had I had a way to video tape at the time I would have told them to pound sand. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. And I didn't call them anything. It was a clear violation of both the US constitution and the WA State constitution.

But you are welcome to your 'opinion' and surrender of your rights anytime.
I haven't had ay problems with the police. But, I am not going to scream to the top of my lungs ( for no reason) to get their attention either. That's stupidity. I went through a sobriety check point at Thanksgiving that was pretty thorough, though. It's been awhile since I've been through one. They had a few people doing sobriety tests by their cars.

Anyway, I don't really have anything else to add to this thread. Good luck in your business.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:42 PM

104 posts, read 115,476 times
Teddy, you can't argue with brain dead type people or people without a formal education because the majority of these liberal morons simply do not know or understand the U.S. Constitution and this is really sad. But thanks to Teddy and Rich for making everything crystal clear so that even our usual City Data Drop Outs can understand it ... or can they? My advice to all the brain dead people, walk (or since some of you can't even operate a moving vehicle you can hitch hike) to your local library and read the U.S. CONSTITUTION.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Teddy, you can't argue with brain dead type people or people without a formal education because the majority of these liberal morons simply do not know or understand the U.S. Constitution and this is really sad. But thanks to Teddy and Rich for making everything crystal clear so that even our usual City Data Drop Outs can understand it ... or can they? My advice to all the brain dead people, walk (or since some of you can't even operate a moving vehicle you can hitch hike) to your local library and read the U.S. CONSTITUTION.
You're just boosting your thread is all.. with the same post of- everyone is moron. That should be the 45th time you said that... out of your 52 posts. You don't know who has a degree and who is liberal, or who's not.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
You're just boosting your thread is all.. with the same post of- everyone is moron. That should be the 45th time you said that... out of your 52 posts. You don't know who has a degree and who is liberal, or who's not.
Night School is open for new registrations!

Old 12-20-2014, 12:04 AM

This is how you handle Police Interrogations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54UKzeyg_Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugyzs7jlIw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2-9vqIZt4

Old 12-20-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post

That's just pure crap. F you and your thread. You haven't said anything because you don't answer questions... blah, blah, blah.. Great. What a waste of a thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas