Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 PM

196 posts, read 640,594 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I was wishing to get information from some people that lived, have lived or visit Eureka. I find it to be quite stunning....at least the pictures of it I saw are. Can anyone give me some information on how safe the schools are, crime of the area, things to do for adults and children and how sunny is it most of the time...thanks in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Eureka Springs= tourists,tourists and more tourists. Expensive place to live considering. But one cant argue with the beauty of the place and the fishin is excellant!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM

20 posts, read 83,728 times
Hi, I'm from Oklahoma City, but I have been visiting Eureka Springs since before I could even talk and lived there for a brief couple of months a few years back. I'm not sure, but I think they only have one or two schools. Maybe a elementary/junior high and a high school. Eureka Springs is virtually crimeless. There are a few characters in town, but they're harmless. It is a tourist town and very few people actually live there, something like 2,000 people. The town thrives on the tourism and it is one of the most beautiful little towns I've ever seen. The weather in the Spring, Summer and Fall is gorgeous most of the time. In the wintertime, the town nearly shuts down. This is when reality hit me and I moved back to Oklahoma City. It was like a ghost town! Any way, if you haven't been, you must go visit. Then you can decide if you would like living there.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:45 PM

6 posts, read 32,080 times
I have lived South of Eureka Springs for over 20 years. That is the town (Berryville) where you will be doing most of your local shopping and is also the county seat where you obtain your drivers license, pay taxes, etc. Eureka has one hospital that has struggled to stay open in the past but now they are part of a major hospital in Fayetteville which has been a great help finacially. There is one public high school and elementary school as well as a private school and a very nice church school. Crime is low, most of the population live away from the main tourist area of shops and restaurants but they are all near by. There are lakes everywhere if you like to fish, camp or go boating. A lot of winding, two lane roads that are a challenge for some folks if they aren't used to driving in the mountains and the trees and views are very nice. The sun shines for a good part of the year. The summers are quite humid and it rains all year round. Just sometimes more then others and not every day. Most of the time we like it but during the summer the humidity can get a little tough. There is a lot going on during the Spring, Summer and Fall. Sometimes it seems there is an activity every week-end. Art shows, music, car shows (especially Mustangs, Corvetts, Old time cars, classic cars) motorcycle shows and motorcycle tours. Craft shows around the area in the Fall. I will tell you, there is a large gay community there if that sort of thing bothers you. There is some discord concerning some "activities and policies" around town, at the moment, but it's a small town with diverse people so I'm sure it will work its differences out. It always has in the past. I agree with the previous poster. Come visit. There are a lot of friendly folks who would love to tell you all about it.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 PM

20 posts, read 83,728 times
Actually the gay presence in Eureka Springs is one of the cooler aspects of the town. What other tiny little Arkansas town can a gay person feel comfortable in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas