Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 PM

6 posts, read 5,159 times

Advertisements

I purchased a property back in 2015 and received a recorded deed from the county assessors office. This transaction was a cash sale and i used my own money to pay for the property.To cut long story short, I call the county to pay for the property tax and was told the property was foreclosed so i should call the company that foreclosed my property. So I called the company only to be told it was foreclosed because of tax lien. I told them i never received any foreclosure notice from them and they said it is true they never sent me any notice. They sent the notice to the previous property owner. The property tax was current when i bought it. I want to know if there is anyway i can get my property back. Your input will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by firedarrow; 04-13-2017 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 06:30 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,779 times
What county was it?

Not sure when the actual foreclosure took place but you should be able to get it back. Sounds like it was current when you bought it and you would have owed for the remainder of 2015. Do you remember if you paid that remainder at closing?

Talk to the assessors office, make it clear that you will pay the taxes to current. If they give you the runaround, you may need a lawyer. I would love to know why they sent notice to the prior owners.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 5,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
What county was it?

Not sure when the actual foreclosure took place but you should be able to get it back. Sounds like it was current when you bought it and you would have owed for the remainder of 2015. Do you remember if you paid that remainder at closing?

Talk to the assessors office, make it clear that you will pay the taxes to current. If they give you the runaround, you may need a lawyer. I would love to know why they sent notice to the prior owners.
Thanks for your response.The property is located at Fulton county Arkansas. The property is a vacant land. I bought it on May 2015 and according to the foreclosure company that was the same month they foreclosed the property. But what surprised me most about this whole issue is I received deed from the Fulton county that they recorded in August 2015. I may need a lawyer like you said.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:18 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedarrow View Post
Thanks for your response.The property is located at Fulton county Arkansas. The property is a vacant land. I bought it on May 2015 and according to the foreclosure company that was the same month they foreclosed the property. But what surprised me most about this whole issue is I received deed from the Fulton county that they recorded in August 2015. I may need a lawyer like you said.
Yes, it doesn't sound like it was foreclosed from you which opens up a big can of worms. Did you get title insurance from the title company? If the property was foreclosed as it was being sold (and no way could they have foreclosed it from you the same month you bought it), then it's on the assessor's office and the title company. The first place I'd go to is the title company that closed the sale.

ETA: If you closed through a title company, you should've gotten title insurance.

Last edited by Hollynla; 04-13-2017 at 08:42 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 11:25 PM

288 posts, read 1,080,065 times
What was the reason for foreclosure, an unsatisfied mortgage? If so, the title company should have found the mortgage assuming it was recorded. Seems as though your recourse is with the seller and/or the title company.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
the only one that should be able to foreclose would be a lender: I hope you have papers from a title compny showing transfer of ownership.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
I purchased a property back in 2015 and received a recorded deed from the county assessors office. This transaction was a cash sale and i used my own money to pay for the property.To cut long story short, I call the county to pay for the property tax and was told the property was foreclosed so i should call the company that foreclosed my property. So I called the company only to be told it was foreclosed because of tax lien. I told them i never received any foreclosure notice from them and they said it is true they never sent me any notice. They sent the notice to the previous property owner. The property tax was current when i bought it. I want to know if there is anyway i can get my property back. Your input will be very much appreciated. Thanks
This is a can of worms. How do you know the property tax was current when you bought it? Could it have been brought current by the foreclosing company, rather than by the previous owner? The title company is really the company at fault, since their research should have disclosed potential problems. However, you are going to have to establish a timeline to determine if the transfer of property between you and the previous owner happened before the foreclosure. If the foreclosure happened first, the transfer to you should never have happened. If the transfer occurred first, then the foreclosure should not have happened. If the foreclosure happened first, you might have to sue the previous owner for fraud to get your money back, and it's unlikely you will get the land back. If the transfer occurred first, you might have to sue the foreclosing company and see how that pans out. Hire an attorney to sort this out. And good luck.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:52 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
If this was one of the hundreds of bare lots that were foreclosed on in Cherokee Village , be careful spending any money for legal help.

Those lots are only worth a few hundred dollars and any legal fees will make you negative right out the gate.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:27 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:

......."foreclosure company ".....

American Land Company ?

Old 04-14-2017, 11:44 AM

448 posts, read 365,964 times
Why you pay to go through a title company and get title insurance unless its not worth more than a grand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas