Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM

297 posts, read 1,299,952 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a great fishing hole (where the fish will bite) that has a camping area for a couple of days during Spring Break in Arkansas? I've been on the Arkansas Parks website but haven't come up with anything yet. Glad to hear something by word of mouth........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:47 PM

264 posts, read 1,151,187 times
My kids have really enjoyed Lake Greeson and Daisy State Park. Parker Creek campground is where we stayed- it had a nice swimming hole and the lake and river (Missouri River) have great fishing and swimming (I dont guess it would be warm enough to swim though, maybe...) They also have a couple playgrounds around there. Really nice.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
Anjoe..are you truly into camping? If so, what about floating the Buffalo and fishing and camping all at once? Or do you need a real campsite?

I just think floating the Buffalo is about the best experience in the world...someone may know of campgrounds near the pick up and drop off sites that would be good to stay at.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:13 AM

87 posts, read 255,527 times
Check out the Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds on Bull Shoals or Norfolk lakes White River State Park in Lakeview is fantastic. North Central Arkansas around Mountain Home is rated #2 in the nation for fishing by Field and Stream--doesn't get much better. Cotter is the self proclaimed Trout Capital of the World--there are plenty of campgrounds right on the White River. Heck there are 3 Lodges right here on my street in Cotter right on the White. Hope the kids catch a Trophy wherever you go!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:25 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,360 times
If you really want to feel like you're in the sticks you could try Pullen Pond in Yell County near Centerville. It's in the Petit Jean Wildlife Management Area. There's a really small camping area there that looks very underused but you might want to research the fishing.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:06 PM

702 posts, read 2,516,840 times
Right below Beaver dam is a very nice campsite with showers and full hookups. You can walk to great trout fishing from the bank just below the dam too.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:52 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,588 times
I can't recall the exact site we camped at, but somewhere in between Mammoth Spring State Park and a placed called Many Islands along the Spring River is pretty decent camping. I'm sure there is more than one campground in that area.

We set up tents and got our area situated, then took a ride up to Mammoth Springs, rented and floated down in kayak and canoes to Many Islands-- taking a pit stop at our camp site when we came across it and stopping at every rope swing/swimmin' hole we found. We caught a few trout at camp, but I think we were too busy trying to keep the suds flowing. The people camped a little ways down from us caught a ton...at least 30, most of them good sized.

I actually think we went there on spring break, too. Not too crowded. All the high school kids tend to congregate at Many Islands.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,381 times
Yes but it's a secret
Attached Thumbnails
A "Great" Arkansas fishing hole/camping area for kids?-nice-fish.jpg   A "Great" Arkansas fishing hole/camping area for kids?-nice-fish-2.jpg  

Old 03-13-2008, 01:09 PM

87 posts, read 255,527 times
Outdoor Life Magazine has chosen Mountain Home area #1 in the country for fishing and hunting (Outdoorlife.com - Deer Hunting, Bow hunting, Rifles, Guns, ATV, Binoculars, Bass fishing, Fly fishing) I. Pretty good recommendation for such a small area. If you haven't made your spring break plans yet, be sure and check it out

Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 AM

297 posts, read 1,299,952 times
Wink junkman.....what a crappie!!!!

We have heard of crappie bitting in several places. Hope we can catch some beauties that like one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas