Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:15 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,658,951 times

Advertisements

For anyone interested, beginning today, the Buffalo River area and the trails within the park limits are closed to visitors. Just wanted to pass it on in case anyone nearby had any plans to come float the river while off from work and school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 02:38 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,412,896 times
as much as i love the buffalo river and had an annual trip planned in a few weeks, closing the park and river is a good thing for now.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:37 PM

383 posts, read 401,319 times
I think this was a foolish move. With all the thousands of miles of public access areas and trails in AR, it would be easy for citizens to distance from one another. This Country is heading toward locking everyone in their homes. That will only breed rebellion.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:59 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,412,896 times
The buffalo in the spring is like Kroger on Wednesday before thanksgiving. Just not what we need at the present.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love it and have been floating, camping, hiking for decades and met many wonderful people. ( and I can’t wait to do it again)

Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
The buffalo in the spring is like Kroger on Wednesday before thanksgiving. Just not what we need at the present.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love it and have been floating, camping, hiking for decades and met many wonderful people. ( and I can’t wait to do it again)
I realize all this is a slippery slope and no one really knows the answer, but life has to go on.

I am just dwelling on the 3fs as I have been saying: Family, Friends and Faith.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:35 PM

23,356 posts, read 18,956,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
This Country is heading toward locking everyone in their homes. That will only breed rebellion.
But it won't breed Covid-19. Suck it up. The sooner people face this and curb their arrogance, the sooner it will end. Guess some people refuse to understand the whole idea. Sure, you could be somewhat isolated while on a trail but you have to get to it first.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:18 AM

383 posts, read 401,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
But it won't breed Covid-19. Suck it up. The sooner people face this and curb their arrogance, the sooner it will end. Guess some people refuse to understand the whole idea. Sure, you could be somewhat isolated while on a trail but you have to get to it first.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolef.../#4583c6cd14a6

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nceled-classes

https://newsone.com/3921332/coronavi...-amid-anxiety/

I provided you a few of many links Parnassia, which should help you understand that you can't just lock down a society and not expect negative results. The more you atttempt to lock it down, the more pushback is going to occur. It will get more violent as time carries on and the measures become more extreme. That is a fact!

Arrogance? I don't think so. In the USA, this society lives free. I understand there is a population that can't accept that and is doing all it can to eliminate freedom. You must be part of that group.

With regards to the "idea" you cite in your post. Folks are not stupid or arrogant as you so like to accuse. This idea of locking down will not work because our society is not organized for it to work. The examples being discussed in threads of this forum are stores, like Walmart being open with crowds of people as an acceptable condition because people need food. The same holds true at every grocery store and other places of provision across America. At best these buildings have an air circulation system that includes 10% of fresh air intake. That means they recirculate 90%. There are no special filters to take out COVID.

In New York, Chicago, and other large cities, the subways, trains and busses are still running with crowds. Why? Because it is the only source of transportation for many to get to food sources, doctors, essential work categories. Most of these have very little fresh air intake, just like a building.

There are other examples I could offer but this post is already long and makes my point. My argument is simple and based on logic. It makes no sense to close all the outdoor areas for people to get out, and break up the depressing situation quarantine imposes. People are not stupid, they can distance themselves without the police. The outdoor areas are far cleaner of the virus than any of the stores, subways, trains will ever be. Your accusation of arrogance illustrates some things about you with ignorance being the most prevelent.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I do not understand why you think, because some of us think it is somewhat over reacting, forcing people to stay home we are arrogant? As some of have been saying, there is using good sense and practice social distancing and there is shutting everyone up in their homes. Somewhere there is a happy medium. I totally agree in controlling how many are allowed in any inside facility, I understand staying at home most of the time, but there are times when, if nothing else we need fresh air and the chance to escape from the sadness for awhile. Maybe this mean go to your nearest nursery and buy a couple of plants so you can get out and work in your yard, or maybe it does mean taking a walk around the lake or a short hike.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:14 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,658,951 times
To add to this thread, the hiking trails Whitaker Point and Glory Hole trails are also closed until further notice.

Old 04-18-2020, 04:47 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,421,909 times
Buffalo Outdoor Center will resume float trips on the river on May 15th.

I'll be out there in May.

#Liberation #Jailbreak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: