Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 12:55 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times

Advertisements

Your family needs to stop watching Deliverance and Dukes of Hazard's reruns and get out of the cave they live in, which they apparantly haven't left since 1966. "Colored people"? Seriously? Is this thread another joke? Guess what - we even have plumbing in our houses here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 03:05 PM

497 posts, read 484,303 times
I live in Arkansas (Fayetteville) in the mid 90s, and never met a single racist person. Not saying they don't exist, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's much more diverse now than ever before.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:51 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Your family needs to stop watching Deliverance and Dukes of Hazard's reruns and get out of the cave they live in, which they apparantly haven't left since 1966. "Colored people"? Seriously? Is this thread another joke? Guess what - we even have plumbing in our houses here.
I know, right? I hate when people respond to these troll clowns who start these threads like they're actually legitimate. OP is as likely to set foot in Arkansas as I am on Pluto.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:21 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
... no longer ...
I will just say, these two words are inaccurate, and that political climate in any place is relevant to people living there. My daughters (between Liberal and Leftist) are uncomfortable in my neighborhood, and I am uncomfortable in the hell holes created by people with Liberal and Leftist mentality. In fact, that is one of the primary reasons I moved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I know, right? I hate when people respond to these troll clowns who start these threads like they're actually legitimate. OP is as likely to set foot in Arkansas as I am on Pluto.
Business is slow. We got to do something for entertainment

Old 12-08-2021, 07:48 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I will just say, these two words are inaccurate, and that political climate in any place is relevant to people living there. My daughters (between Liberal and Leftist) are uncomfortable in my neighborhood, and I am uncomfortable in the hell holes created by people with Liberal and Leftist mentality. In fact, that is one of the primary reasons I moved here.

Business is slow. We got to do something for entertainment
I doubt that you can accurately pigeonhole any area and say all Democratic or Republican areas are on particular way. We all no there are extremely impoverished Republican rural areas with massive drug issues along with substantial amounts of unreported crime due to a number of factors, and then there are rural areas that preform much better. There are also higher crime and lower crime metropolitan areas that are Democratic. The fact of the matter is that crime rates overall are down compared to 30-40 years ago, although 2020 had numerous places with increased crime issues no doubt. I prefer living in my wealthier semi-rural township that is 40 minutes removed from the city.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:06 PM

19 posts, read 13,430 times
I found the deep south to be less racist than California.

Old 12-09-2021, 04:11 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCreditNoProblem View Post
One of the guys I keep in touch with where I used to work, goes to New England regularly, and says the same about New England.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:59 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCreditNoProblem View Post
I live in the northeast and IMO it's way more segregated and "closet racist" than the south.

Cities tend to be significant majority black while suburbs and country are almost exclusively 90%+ white.

There isn't overt racism but it's more subtle or hidden. The north likes to pretend it's different but iny opinion it's not.

When I travel down south I notice it's different.

Old 12-17-2021, 05:07 PM

50 posts, read 37,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldiet View Post
I am mixed and I have dark skin. My family is worried that since its not "multi-cultural" then it must be a really racist place. I know its irrational of them but I assume there are some places that are less friendly than others. Mind you I have never been anywhere in Arkansas but I love to go somewhere that is mid-west.

I like to think people are friendly and that its just old outdated thinking but I have to ask if there are territories that are dangerous for minorities or which places tend to be friendly. Mind you I am in Canada a part in which is super liberal.

So right now I have two perspective. Parents are worried that its a state that does not welcomed colored people. I think its the opposite. I think its a place that welcomes anyone as long as you abide by their culture and are a friendly and positive person.

Feel free and let me know. Every place on earth will have its bad territory. Doesn't the town itself is bad.

I visited Arkansas and there're plenty of non-white people, a lot more than I've seen in many other states...plenty of Black, some Latino (and there're some areas with very high Latino populations), people who are mixed, Asian people. In fact, Arkansas had made an impression of very diverse place on me and I had lived all over coastal California too, among many other places, so this is not empty words. If you go to some very rural, isolated place like deep in NW Arkansas you might find mostly or all-white population but your really have to go to the sticks for that. AR also got mostly black areas/counties too, in different parts of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas