Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,468 times

Advertisements

In March 26th 2010, South Korean Warship the "Cheonan" was attacked and sunk by a North Korean torpedo. The US, Canada, Australia, England, Sweden and many other country's professionals came together and have proven that the attack was made by the North.
Later on, over 50 other countries confirmed North Korea's actions and are acknowledging the joint investigation report sent to the UN Security Council.
A couple days ago, the European Union accepted the South Korean joint investigation claims and ridiculed North Korea's irrational actions.
However, the North is denying all claims and is threatening the UN Security Council in a military response if the UN ever submitted additional sanctions against the North.
North Korea is ignoring all claims and causing all these troubles that threatens world peace, it's about time that there should be stronger sanctions against this despicable nation! Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,520,628 times
It's about time for China to step up and be the responsible nation it likes to pretend it's going to be one day. I can't believe the way they just shrugged this off and tried to sweep it under the carpet. Then again, I can... They'll never be that great nation they wanna be if they don't act like it.

It's too bad Russia doesn't have the influence over North Korea it once did. At this point I feel they'd have actually done something, at least, something much more than China did.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
I wonder if China can actually sway North Korea, it's leaders are so out of touch with reality. AND think about it, North Korea has put up with decades of hollow empty threats. Sanctions? does anyone think the gov't of North Korea cares about the welfare of it's population?

If no physical action is taken against North Korea over the sinking they will try something else, more spectacular the next time around and keep on doing things until they get their wish of a war......

Old 06-23-2010, 10:35 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,520,628 times
I don't think they want a war, North Korea wouldn't survive a real war. They want "power" and they think they can scare everyone enough to get it. I think they're pushing the envelope and trying to test their limits. Someone has to show them there'll be real consequences for em if they keep taking things further... for once.

They know China doesn't want a dead North Korea because it's their buffer state, but China also needs South Korea, the U.S. and Japan as partners, they'll have to choose one day. I guess they're just trying to hold off on that day as long as possible but North Korea, thinking that day will never come, is fearless.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 9,295 times
North Korea government makes trouble for the entire world, and first and foremost, to it's own citizens. I can not wait until this awful regime collapses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia