Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you prefer?
Beirut 6 50.00%
Tel Aviv 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Which city do you prefer? How would you compare the two cities? Which city has better entertainment, culture and nightlife? Which is more liberal?

I always thought Beirut was pretty much a bombed-out shell of a city, but it's more intact than I thought.

I thought Tel Aviv would be a clear winner in most areas, but some say Beirut has better nightlife.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
I have not been to Beirut but it was a war zone for many years and from what I have heard it is still bears some of the scars of that era.

On the other hand, Tel Aviv is a relatively safe city with a nice promenade, beaches, nightlife, street cafes, shopping malls, museums and theaters. Tel Aviv is a very walkable city with good public transportation.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 AM
kyh

372 posts, read 1,268,574 times
Never been to both, but Beirut attracts me more. Despite being ravaged by civil war, Beirut is pretty cosmopolitan and is a religious melting pot. I like how its mosques are located side by side with churches, the mystical Druze and Maronite communities, the faint French flair and influence, and the exotic Levantine Arab souqs.

Tel Aviv just looks too modern to me. I prefer Jerusalem and cities with rich cultural and religious heritage.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Never been to both, but Beirut attracts me more. Despite being ravaged by civil war, Beirut is pretty cosmopolitan and is a religious melting pot. I like how its mosques are located side by side with churches, the mystical Druze and Maronite communities, the faint French flair and influence, and the exotic Levantine Arab souqs.

Tel Aviv just looks too modern to me. I prefer Jerusalem and cities with rich cultural and religious heritage.
Tel Aviv is like a mini-Manhattan/NYC which means it is very cosmopolitan and has lots of culture and is a melting pot. But it doesn't have a religious heritage.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM
kyh

372 posts, read 1,268,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Tel Aviv is like a mini-Manhattan/NYC which means it is very cosmopolitan and has lots of culture and is a melting pot. But it doesn't have a religious heritage.
Just like Dubai and Abu Dhabi that just never strike a chord with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia