Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times

Advertisements

Why do Chinese people cut in line and feel no shame at all? Almost all Chinese people do this.. They do this when you weigh vegetables and fruits, when you try to get a cab, when taking the lift, in the counter .. Anywhere... And when you look at them, it's like they haven't done anything wrong. Why aren't they taught that it is impolite to cut in line ???

Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times
It is just the way it is in China. I have no problem at all with it if I'm in China, HOWEVER, if I'm traveling abroad or back home and they try to cut in line I get severely PO'ed and will yell at them. They need to learn that when they're not in China, they can't do that. In fact, the Chinese government has been trying to educate their citizens getting ready to travel abroad that it is not acceptable in many other parts of the world. When in China, feel free to elbow and push your way through everyone to get what you want and where you need to go, it's acceptable. Everyone else is just going to do it to you.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 PM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Why do Chinese people cut in line and feel no shame at all? Almost all Chinese people do this.. They do this when you weigh vegetables and fruits, when you try to get a cab, when taking the lift, in the counter .. Anywhere... And when you look at them, it's like they haven't done anything wrong. Why aren't they taught that it is impolite to cut in line ???
It is the same when Chinese students copy from one another or copy stuff of the internet and call it their own. It is culturally acceptable to them.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,860,159 times
Quote:
I've seen that too, and it's very tempting to nail the bad behavior on a particular race such as Chinese if you're Filipino, French if you're Anglo, and so on and so forth. If you're seeing only negative stuff, that speaks a lot about your surroundings. May be it's time to move to the other side of the neighborhoods.

Have you thought of telling these queue-jumpers, loudly and firmly, to "PLEASE WAIT FOR YOUR TURN" and to "LINE UP PLEASE"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
It is just the way it is in China. I have no problem at all with it if I'm in China, HOWEVER, if I'm traveling abroad or back home and they try to cut in line I get severely PO'ed and will yell at them. They need to learn that when they're not in China, they can't do that. In fact, the Chinese government has been trying to educate their citizens getting ready to travel abroad that it is not acceptable in many other parts of the world. When in China, feel free to elbow and push your way through everyone to get what you want and where you need to go, it's acceptable. Everyone else is just going to do it to you.
It's never an acceptable behavior. But thank goodness, you'll not find me in that predicament. LOL

Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie86 View Post
I've seen that too, and it's very tempting to nail the bad behavior on a particular race such as Chinese if you're Filipino, French if you're Anglo, and so on and so forth. If you're seeing only negative stuff, that speaks a lot about your surroundings. May be it's time to move to the other side of the neighborhoods.

Have you thought of telling these queue-jumpers, loudly and firmly, to "PLEASE WAIT FOR YOUR TURN" and to "LINE UP PLEASE"?

It's never an acceptable behavior. But thank goodness, you'll not find me in that predicament. LOL
Yes I have told them that a lot of times already.. Sometimes I already yell and push them because sometimes they are already stepping on my toddler or pushing his buggy. It is totally not acceptable and they should already be taught some manners.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:27 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,860,159 times
Quote:
Yes I have told them that a lot of times already.. Sometimes I already yell and push them because sometimes they are already stepping on my toddler or pushing his buggy. It is totally not acceptable and they should already be taught some manners.
Holy $... I would call the security guard for help.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie86 View Post
Holy $... I would call the security guard for help.
I don't know if the guards will even care since it is already part of being Chinese !

Old 04-02-2013, 11:54 PM

23,512 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I have noticed this behavior here in the US and while abroad in the UK also. It definitely makes me mad, and they should learn their manners.

I have notched that many Chinese, especially from Mainland China rarely ever see the "big picture" of many situations. Many just seem to see themselves and ignore others involved.

You should see some of the drivers here - OMG!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
I started a thread on this:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/asia/...ere-these.html

Yes i've noticed this behaviour among Chinese and other Asians. Not so much Taiwanese though.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times
It's basic. An Asian believes that if they wait in line for something, that something will be gone by the time they get to the head of the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia