Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 06:22 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Why do I have this feeling that PH could be a better country if Japanese prolonged their occupation! No Spanish and no Americans.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Spanish and Americans
You think the Japanese could've prolonged their occupation?. Heck they got nuked twice. no country in their right mind would do so. They pulled out asap once they surrendered. Though the Philippines wouldn't be under the Marshall plan I would say wed end up communist. Bet the Soviet Union would make its move like on North Korea. But remember the US had existing interests in the PI and they didn't want communism to spread around Asia.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:21 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
How about "Chorizo" and "Longaniza"?
What are the most popular "Aguas frescas" flavors.
Our chorizo is quite different from the Spanish chorizo, ours are way smaller. We use Spanish chorizo, we call it " Chorizo de Bilbao" in Filipino in Calderetas and some Spanish influenced foods.
How does Mexican chorizo look like and do they really taste the same as the Spanish chorizo ?

Old 06-24-2014, 08:25 PM

570 posts, read 490,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Our chorizo is quite different from the Spanish chorizo, ours are way smaller. We use Spanish chorizo, we call it " Chorizo de Bilbao" in Filipino in Calderetas and some Spanish influenced foods.
How does Mexican chorizo look like and do they really taste the same as the Spanish chorizo ?

Mexican Chorizo is fresh, but needs to cocked before you eat it.
Since we have all of the chili peppers the combination of them on the chorizo and longaniza are different from the ones in Spain or Europe(they never got into chili eating).
For some reason Europeans like their sausages old and with a funny white looks on the out side.

Our most popular aguas frescas on this side are: Tamarindo, Jamaica and Orchata(Rice).
I love anything with tamarindo, specially agua fresca!

Last edited by SK Brown.; 06-24-2014 at 08:41 PM..

Old 06-24-2014, 08:34 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Why do I have this feeling that PH could be a better country if Japanese prolonged their occupation! No Spanish and no Americans.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Spanish and Americans
Then you don't know about Philippine history then. I am Filipino. But I don't remember the Japanese occupation being taught in history classes in my country.

It just came to my attention how badly actually barbaric is more apt term those Hapons maltreated my countrymen. I am talking sex slavery, even men. Because some Filipino movies were made about it.

So no. I don't agree with your comment.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:17 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,010 times
Chorizo is delicious!

Agua de Jamaica is also awesome. I am not a big fan of Orchada. But it is indeed refreshing.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:25 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,010 times
I like our similarities. I like the boxing culture that both nations share. I respect the filipinos ans the Philippines.

I think its great to have a ally in the East . The filipinos that i have encountered have been great.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
We call them Nances, do you have them?

How about this ones? we call the Cirguelas.
We have Cirguelas but not yellow. When they are ripe, they are reddish orange. I like eating them with a little salt.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I like our similarities. I like the boxing culture that both nations share. I respect the filipinos ans the Philippines.

I think its great to have a ally in the East . The filipinos that i have encountered have been great.
I like our similarities as well. Yup, most of the time when Filipinos have a boxing fight, it's always againts Mexicans or sometimes Cubans.

I also think it would be nice if the Philippines would restore long lost friendship and sisterhood with Mexico and also with other Latin American cousins. It would be cool for an Asian country to have kinship with Latin America, just like how it was 100 years ago.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Mexican Chorizo is fresh, but needs to cocked before you eat it.
Since we have all of the chili peppers the combination of them on the chorizo and longaniza are different from the ones in Spain or Europe(they never got into chili eating).
For some reason Europeans like their sausages old and with a funny white looks on the out side.

Our most popular aguas frescas on this side are: Tamarindo, Jamaica and Orchata(Rice).
I love anything with tamarindo, specially agua fresca!
Filipino chorizos are also fresh and need to be cooked as well. We usually have them for breakfast with estrellado. We do not use it in stews. For stews like Caldereta and Callos, we use the Spanish chorizo " Chorizo de Bilbao ".
I would love to try Mexican chorizo someday. I love spicy food.

I am surprised you do tamarind drink. We love tamarindo too but mostly for soups. We love sour soup.
I wonder why no one has thought of doing tamarind drink in the Philippines.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:

This is another way we use rice, "Arroz con leche".
I love arroz con leche, I always have that before in Portugal but we do not have that in the Philippines, don't know why when it is present in all hispanic countries.
What we have is arroz con chocolate we call it Champorado. I know in Mexico it's with corn but they say the Filipinos had to use what was more abundant in the Philippines and it is rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia