Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:27 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,834,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
PAP = white party ..
Ah, for a second I wondered if you wanted to kick out all Caucasians lol.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:29 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,829,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Ah, for a second I wondered if you wanted to kick out all Caucasians lol.
Me SPG leh, kick Caucasians out the I no options Liao ..

Ha ha just for humour

Old 05-07-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Me SPG leh, kick Caucasians out the I no options Liao ..

Ha ha just for humour
Haha, cannot understand hor!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 AM

143 posts, read 188,845 times
Quote:
Who else better than me or LEpillow to talk about this ??

But honestly , TRS is biased reporting.. If you know it..poverty isn't that bad in Singapore .. No homeless people around ..

But the the part about whether it is time for PAP to move ... Seems legit..

The blue party isn't strong and have that desire to form the next govt, partly they know if they become the next govt , doesn't mean SIngaporeans will love them ..

The next election is gonna be a turning point.. If PAP remains in power , locals are screwed, if WP gain control, I don't see locals giving them an easy time ..

If we end up with an even worst govt, then we have to live with it .. All about choices.

I have my 1 vote .. And will make a wise choice

How does one get a job in Singaporean Gov't ?? What are the qualifications other than personal connections ?

Old 05-07-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
How does one get a job in Singaporean Gov't ?? What are the qualifications other than personal connections ?
Qualifications depends on the type of job you are looking for so no hard and fast rule , your employer needs to pay monthly levy and get you a work pass ..

But honestly won't recommend anyone to come and work in Singapore as anti foreigner sentiment is very high now.. Even if you are a white ..

Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 AM

Now they are talking abt getting foreigners to join Singapore police force as percentage of foreigners is too high.. What is Singapore coming to ?? Sigh

Old 05-07-2014, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Now they are talking abt getting foreigners to join Singapore police force as percentage of foreigners is too high.. What is Singapore coming to ?? Sigh
Aiyah, damn foreigners...Singaporeans not good enough, is it? Wa liao, what's happening to our beloved Temasek, jewel of the Nanyang?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,083,168 times
Not really. The main issue in Singapore is that some things are expensive like property.

If you know what to spend money on then it is not hard to live. The median household monthly income among working residents is 7500 dollars, but you can get a meal for 7 dollars and a bottle of milk is 3 dollars. Transport, utilities are cheap too. Thats totally different from Chinese cities where the median household income may be 2000 dollars, but a cheap meal cost 5 dollars and a bottle of milk is 4 dollars.

What is not cheap is housing, kindergarden, cars, etc. So do the smart thing and spend less money on those things and you have plenty left over for other things.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/singap...eb10453933.htm

Old 05-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Well education and health care too, which are pretty important.

$7? You can still find meals for $2 at hawker stalls. Yes but that's usually two income earners working flat out.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 PM

177 posts, read 269,547 times
Quote:
Qualifications depends on the type of job you are looking for so no hard and fast rule , your employer needs to pay monthly levy and get you a work pass ..

But honestly won't recommend anyone to come and work in Singapore as anti foreigner sentiment is very high now.. Even if you are a white ..
My company has its Asia headquarters in Singapore and I was tempted to apply for a transfer after reading stuff about it here.
Hmmm... I think a Singapore position at my company pays less than the same position in New York though.
And the benefits suck since there are no unions for my field in SG.
... While writing this I changed my mind. I will just go there on vaycay. I loved the aquarium last time I visited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia