Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:42 AM

8 posts, read 6,376 times

Advertisements

PR is much much better than the PH.

Having been ruled by both Spain and the US, PR(as with Guam and Northern Marianas) is much more richer and developed than the Phillippines, and benefit greatly as a current territory of the US instead of being indepedent.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:56 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Why is it surprising that Manila is poorer than San Juan? Manila is in a third world country, San Juan is part of the United States.

Besides that, San Juan has a higher crime rate than Manila. So you could walk through a neighborhood like this in Manila, whereas you could never walk through an American neighborhood that's even half as bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_1MQ9ui7o
The guy was literally walking into people's houses

Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower_busty_dude View Post
PR is much much better than the PH.

Having been ruled by both Spain and the US, PR(as with Guam and Northern Marianas) is much more richer and developed than the Phillippines, and benefit greatly as a current territory of the US instead of being indepedent.
maybe better economically, but not in every other way. Philippines is 30 times bigger than Puerto Rico. There's more to see, more to do. There's a lower crime rate, and it doesn't have a huge drug-trafficking problem (yet).

Old 07-14-2014, 08:15 AM

282 posts, read 708,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
maybe better economically, but not in every other way. Philippines is 30 times bigger than Puerto Rico. There's more to see, more to do. There's a lower crime rate, and it doesn't have a huge drug-trafficking problem (yet).
Yes Sir Smtchll, agree on your observation.

But one thing that puzzled me, PR was an independent country then, how come they'd rather embraced to be part of US specially these days or post colonial era.. I understand the economic and quality of living factor.. but to set aside your pride, patriotism, identity as a nation... is a different thing.

just saying btw.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Not really, because that's what I expected from pretty much most countries south of China
Well in Malaysia that exists I did visit a few shanty towns there and it appears every house in them has electricity as I walked passed homes that had TV running. Plus power lines that appear to connect to every dwelling even you can see other aspects of poverty around you.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well in Malaysia that exists I did visit a few shanty towns there and it appears every house in them has electricity as I walked passed homes that had TV running. Plus power lines that appear to connect to every dwelling even you can see other aspects of poverty around you.
Ha? shanty in Malaysia? Is this for real Sir?

I thought Malaysia is near to be classified as develop country right? hmnnn... could u share more on that revelation if you may.. thanks boss.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:08 AM

Media in the Phils are liberalized for your information.

Only one network is 100% state owned ptv 4.
while RPN 9 and IBC 13 (which are small players) are co-shared with private sectors.

Big 3 media
ABS CBN is owned by the Lopezes of Rockwell
GMA 7 owned by Gimenezes / San Miguel Corp.
TV 5 - By your very own Metro Pacific /MVP Group

Among other private small players .

Old 07-15-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
First, 4-6 Million is not 50% of the Philippine population. So it is wrong to state that 50% of the Philippine population is malnourished. So what is the purpose of saying 50% of the Philippine population is undernourished?

Second, more than 500 thousand in severely undernourished. Compare it to the more than 8 million of Indonesians who are severely malnourished.

Third, the 4-6 Million pinoys who are malnourished include adults while the 8 million Indonesians pertain only to children, That's around 18% of the total indonesian children accord. to news. How many then is the true malnourished Indonesians, children and adult combined?

Finally, Philippines is more open to news like this than Indonesia, I believe. There is very less censorship in the Philippines because we don't want to look hypocrite. And we want to address the real situation.
I wanna laugh all day with these issues....

8 million vs. 500 thousand (children) super hard to comprehend..

4-6 million adults vs. 8 million children alone??? what more if we include their adults????

Regarding media, I believe Ph is more open in all aspects. transparent and balanced because majority of the players are from private sector.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:27 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
I wanna laugh all day with these issues....

8 million vs. 500 thousand (children) super hard to comprehend..

4-6 million adults vs. 8 million children alone??? what more if we include their adults????

Regarding media, I believe Ph is more open in all aspects. transparent and balanced because majority of the players are from private sector.

Its 4 million not 500k dummy, you can't deny there's 4 million Filipino children malnutritioned + 5 million adults, and sorry to brust your bubble really, the media in Indonesia is much more free to express things.

And you tend to pick information without fully reading it, really show how ignorant you are by setting a blind eye on the real issue.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/35653962-post40.html

Philippines is only ranked 149th nation, Indonesia is no 3 in terms of ASEAN media freedom and is ranked 132th. It is really easy to conlude that Indonesia is better in terms of this issue.
http://rsf.org/index2014/en-index2014.php

Philippines 3rd worst nation for journalist. How very unhypocrite of you troll LOOOOOOL!!!!!

Last edited by Goshio22; 07-15-2014 at 12:44 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Its 4 million not 500k dummy, you can't deny there's 4 million Filipino children malnutritioned + 5 million adults, and sorry to brust your bubble really, the media in Indonesia is much more free to express things.

And you tend to pick information without fully reading it, really show how ignorant you are by setting a blind eye on the real issue.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/35653962-post40.html

Philippines is only ranked 149th nation, Indonesia is no 3 in terms of ASEAN media freedom and is ranked 132th. It is really easy to conlude that Indonesia is better in terms of this issue.
Reporters Without Borders

Philippines 3rd worst nation for journalist. How very unhypocrite of you LOOOOOOL!!!!!

Even if its 4 Million it is still lower than your 8 million right?

Now the adult case is different, let focus on children first.. coz they are the one who need most the attention and care.

Re media:
Ha ha ha ha as always them is better... in all aspects.. wow pathetic..

How come a simple issue of censorship is a major issue in online opinionated sites in your country?

how come a simple site of "vimeo" has been ban in indonesia????
while in the Ph we enjoy such kind of freedom in social media.

Indonesia censorship Archives | The Jakarta Globe

It seems that freedom is stil at stake or still can't get over of that Suharto's style... i could be wrong..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia