Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,826,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Wow, so it's really a hot topic?

Do it in Manila or any other cities, nobody will effing care, let alone the media attention.
I do not know much about the phillipines , but if what you wrote here is the case, I now have a better sense why pinoys are not looking good in the eyes of SIngaporeans. And you are wrong ..Not only Singapore cares ..In Hong Kong , taiwan people are disgusted and do complain about similar actions by presumably PRCs.

A lot of peole are saying only animals pee and poo anywhere.. Even dogs are toilet trained not to poo anywhere and specific places by their owners..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 11:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
You didn't get my point.
I got your point, and I reinforced it. Manila is so dirty from industrial pollution, slums, and general uncleanliness that ****ting on the sidewalk is the least of the city's worries. Anyways, this thread isn't about Manila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Well PRCs are saying we are smearing the reputation of Mainlanders and he person may be a Taiwanese or local Singaporean.

http://therealsingapore.com/content/...prc-reputation
LOL, they should feel ashamed. They made my mother traumatized but what she witnessed. PRCs have no concept of personal and public hygiene, it's amazing. When you scratch below the developed world façade, it's still a third world country.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:40 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Wow, so it's really a hot topic?

Do it in Manila or any other cities, nobody will effing care, let alone the media attention.
I never saw anyone in the Philippines defecate in public. I used to go to very poor places for our community outreach programs in school before and I never saw anyone doing it. The Philippines may be poor but people aren't that uncivilised to do it in public.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I never saw anyone in the Philippines defecate in public. I used to go to very poor places for our community outreach programs in school before and I never saw anyone doing it. The Philippines may be poor but people aren't that uncivilised to do it in public.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Thank God for that. I was about to totally write off the Philippines if that happened as well. China is probably the last country I'll visit in eastern Asia because of that. It's no wonder people in China get so sick. I can understand why Singaporeans are getting upset over the PRCs migrating over there.

But, the interesting thing is, our PRCs here are not known to do that. I wonder if it's a regional thing in China, too?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:49 PM

Pooing in public area is considered acceptable behaviour in Manila ? Gosh

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Pooing in public area is considered acceptable behaviour in Manila ? Gosh
It is not ! Being civilised is one of the few things we have to thank the West for.
The Filipinos are one of the cleanest people in Asia when it comes to personal hygiene ( body odour and underarm hair in women are not acceptable ). Everyone takes a bath everyday and most people do it 2 times a day.
I still get a culture shock seeing Parents and Grandparents carrying their crotchless babies and toddlers in public and especially seeing them letting their toddlers pee in supermarket and hospitals.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
It is not ! Being civilised is one of the few things we have to thank the West for.
The Filipinos are one of the cleanest people in Asia when it comes to personal hygiene ( body odour and underarm hair in women are not acceptable ). Everyone takes a bath everyday and most people do it 2 times a day.
I still get a culture shock seeing Parents and Grandparents carrying their crotchless babies and toddlers in public and especially seeing them letting their toddlers pee in supermarket and hospitals.
However pooing in public seems to be acceptable behaviour in Manila according to Your countrymen Kent.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Thank God for that. I was about to totally write off the Philippines if that happened as well. China is probably the last country I'll visit in eastern Asia because of that. It's no wonder people in China get so sick. I can understand why Singaporeans are getting upset over the PRCs migrating over there.

But, the interesting thing is, our PRCs here are not known to do that. I wonder if it's a regional thing in China, too?
This is one of the things I was referring to the last time when I said the West taught us to be civilised.
We may be poor but we are not uncivilised.
Most coutries in Asia use squat toilets. Filipinos use Western toilets.

I still get culture shock whenever I see toddlers peeing anywhere and last year was the worst when I saw a 7 year old pooping at Disneyland Hongkong just outside of the food stalls.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
However pooing in public seems to be acceptable behaviour in Manila according to Your countrymen Kent.
I don't know why he said that. The Philippines is quite a popular country and Filipinos are quite popular as well. If it is like that, Filipinos would have been famous already by doing that same as the Mainlanders but they are not.

Unless if what he meant was if it is going to happen in the Philippines, it wouldn't be given so much attention as the media has more things to talk about like the corruption in the government, crimes and celebrities than to talk about someone pooping outside.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 08-15-2014 at 12:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia