Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 07:15 PM

9 posts, read 6,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Hong Kong protesters burn effigies of Lee Hsien Loong, Lee Kuan Yew - Channel NewsAsia

As a born, bred, studied, working and living in Singapore SINGAPOREAN chinese, i am disgusted with what the protesters in Hong kong are doing.

This is strictly Singapore's business and internal affairs, they have no right to interfere and moreover so burn the effigies of out leaders. this is being disrespectful

If it is our own people who do so it is a different story
Why ? This shows that HK people's balls are bigger then Singaporeans. Hats off to the HK people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 07:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNO88 View Post
Why ? This shows that HK people's balls are bigger then Singaporeans. Hats off to the HK people
Why have protesting over something that is not your business balls ?

Explain to me what has the issue got to do with Hong Kongers before telling me they have balls.

This is not equivalent to guts/balls. This is plain disrespect.

There are more civil ways to show your displeasure/thoughts etc

Old 07-14-2015, 10:11 PM

653 posts, read 744,042 times
the Hongkongers are engaging in this kinds of behaviour in Hong Kong precisely because Hong Kong allows such kind of behaviour.

There is nothing right or wrong about it. Hong Kong has its own law, just as Singapore does. Just as I expect foreigners to understand that drugs are simply not acceptable in Singapore and caning is part of Singapore's judicial punishment system, I accept and understand that Hong Kong's legal system allows such behaviour.

I may disagree with their actions, but I have to understand and accept that Hong Kong's legal system allows things to be done differently.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:04 AM

4 posts, read 3,614 times
It shows that Hong Kong people enjoys much more political rights than Singaporeans and behave similar to westerners with freedom of expression.

It is pretty sure many westerners in the USA, Canada, Europe and Australia will protest too if the incident is a headline in western countries. Many Westerner protestors are much more nosier.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:07 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,609 times
Quote:
Hong Kong protesters burn effigies of Lee Hsien Loong, Lee Kuan Yew - Channel NewsAsia

As a born, bred, studied, working and living in Singapore SINGAPOREAN chinese, i am disgusted with what the protesters in Hong kong are doing.

This is strictly Singapore's business and internal affairs, they have no right to interfere and moreover so burn the effigies of out leaders. this is being disrespectful

If it is our own people who do so it is a different story

That's what dictatorships do. They always get pissed off when someone else criticizes them. A democracy can deal with that.
Something to think about.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Why have protesting over something that is not your business balls ?

Explain to me what has the issue got to do with Hong Kongers before telling me they have balls.

This is not equivalent to guts/balls. This is plain disrespect.

There are more civil ways to show your displeasure/thoughts etc
Another zombie from Singapore...Do you need to show respect to a dictatorship ? How much do you know about Singapore in the first place ? Respect is something you have to earn , not by terrorizing ordinary citizen.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
That's what dictatorships do. They always get pissed off when someone else criticizes them. A democracy can deal with that.
Something to think about.
Agree !!!

Old 08-04-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNO88 View Post
Another zombie from Singapore...Do you need to show respect to a dictatorship ? How much do you know about Singapore in the first place ? Respect is something you have to earn , not by terrorizing ordinary citizen.
I shall respect your views and opinions but as for how much do i know about SIngapore ..LOL

I am born, bred, studied , working and living in Singapore Singaporean who holds a pink NRIC and never lived anywhere else in my entire livce so what do you think about how much i know about Singapore ...

I dont think i am any less Singaporean than any other person you can find in the entire world..

Old 08-04-2015, 06:28 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Ris Low would approve of these postings. Boomz.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:32 PM

What do i know about Singapore ..

Our Income tax is due July every year
Our Property tax is due Jan/feb every year
Our PM is Lee Hsien Loong
Maujulah Singapura is Singapore's National Anthem.
TO get to Singapore Indoor stadium, take MRT to the stadium station
Our MRT breaks down very frequently
National Day is on 9 August
Our National flower is Vanda Miss Joaquim
PAP is the current ruling party of SIngapore
Straits Times And the New Paper and english newspapers in Singapore
Fandi Ahmad is Singapore's football legend
Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel is daebak.
Kopi Siu Dai. Kopi-O, kopi Si,
Public transportation is free on Aug 9 2015 ( 1 day only and this year only)
NRIC and Singapore passport is issued by ICA near Lavender station
Singapore passport cost S$70 for 5 yr validity
major supermarkets in SIngapore are.. Fairprice, Cold Storage, Giant, Shop & Save, Prime Supermarket, Sheng Siong

Chan Chun Sing is going to be the next PM provided PAP stays in Power..LOL

etc etc...

and our General Elections are Coming !!!! Most impt actually

Last edited by singaporelady; 08-04-2015 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia