Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 09:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

PAP won, and Lee is PM. Like I didn't see that coming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 12:06 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
PAP won, and Lee is PM. Like I didn't see that coming
Ha Ha ok...

anyway especially since PAP results got better than the last election. That PAP did better than 2011 we didn't see it coming

Old 09-15-2015, 07:16 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,831 times
Looks like more Pay And Pay.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Looks like more Pay And Pay.
Singaporeans voted for it LOL.

Rumours is that there is gonna be increase in GST sometime next year. No confirmation though

There are quite a lot of whining on various sns Especially FB and theonlinecitizen.com , but i am staying positive.. LOL

Old 09-17-2015, 04:53 AM

653 posts, read 743,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Singaporeans voted for it LOL.

Rumours is that there is gonna be increase in GST sometime next year. No confirmation though

There are quite a lot of whining on various sns Especially FB and theonlinecitizen.com , but i am staying positive.. LOL
I don't believe the GST will increase; if we look carefully at some of the press releases and statements said during the GE, it was almost certain, at least to me, that the current GST is staying put and not increase.

What I think that may perhaps become possible is that (at least to me personally) might very well actually (with an emphasis on maybe and perhaps) happen is that foreign manpower restrictions and quotas might be relaxed and that the intake of new citizens and PRs might actually increase; at least this is to my perception,based on my own analysis of public statements of what was said by the ruling party before the campaign - and even more importantly, what was not said by the ruling party during the campaign period.

Of course, all of this is speculation.

In fact, even before the campaign started, some numbers that were thrown out by some people were "10 million".

Last edited by tigerbalm1985; 09-17-2015 at 05:18 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbalm1985 View Post
I don't believe the GST will increase; if we look carefully at some of the press releases and statements said during the GE, it was almost certain, at least to me, that the current GST is staying put and not increase.

What I think that may perhaps become possible is that (at least to me personally) might very well actually (with an emphasis on maybe and perhaps) happen is that foreign manpower restrictions and quotas might be relaxed and that the intake of new citizens and PRs might actually increase; at least this is to my perception,based on my own analysis of public statements of what was said by the ruling party before the campaign - and even more importantly, what was not said by the ruling party during the campaign period.

Of course, all of this is speculation.

In fact, even before the campaign started, some numbers that were thrown out by some people were "10 million".
Anyway whether PAP want to increase GST or relaxed the intake of new citizens they really have to be very careful when they do so . Not worth losing the group that swayed towards them this general elections .

If they want to do it , they have to make sure their explanations is bought by almost everyone .

Old 09-18-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Anyway whether PAP want to increase GST or relaxed the intake of new citizens they really have to be very careful when they do so . Not worth losing the group that swayed towards them this general elections .

If they want to do it , they have to make sure their explanations is bought by almost everyone .
I hope the government will do things to make it easier for young Singaporeans to own property; the prices here are crazy.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:45 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbalm1985 View Post
I hope the government will do things to make it easier for young Singaporeans to own property; the prices here are crazy.
But it can't be worse than in Hong Kong, seriuosly?

Old 09-21-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
I don't know Hong Kong well. So wont be able to advice on that.

A new 2 rm HDB in non matured estate abt 45 sqm is said to be about S$75k. but local Singaporeans can be eNtitled to some grants depending on their situation etc such as near to parents home etc..

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu05p.nsf/0/15MAYSBF_page_1905/$file/about0.html

Old 09-21-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
Hong Kong's real estate is out of control; i have no idea why the Hong Kong government allowed the property developers there to accumulate so much power and allowed the situation to get out of control. Some of the real estate developers in Singapore are actually owned and managed by Hong Kong property developers. Public home ownership in Singapore is actually far more easier in Singapore than in most other countries - there are actually numerous grants but you have to be married first with a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia