Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:53 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times

Advertisements

I'll start with my favorite....Ning Zetao of China, swimmer and the first Asian man to win the 100 m freestyle.

He also happens to be very attractive...

ÄþÔóÌεǷâÐÔ¸ÐÍÑÍÑÍÑ Ðؼ¡±¥Âú¸¹Ã«ÓÕÈË -6park.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Ning is widely popular in China nowadays. Basically a celebrity now.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Ning is widely popular in China nowadays. Basically a celebrity now.
hopefully he'll win at least a medal in the 100 m freestyle. No Asian male has ever done that before; always been a white boy swimming so fast.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:02 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I'll start with my favorite....Ning Zetao of China, swimmer and the first Asian man to win the 100 m freestyle.

He also happens to be very attractive...

ÄþÔóÌεǷâÐÔ¸ÐÍÑÍÑÍÑ Ðؼ¡±¥Âú¸¹Ã«ÓÕÈË -6park.com
Yes, he is quite attractive. I didn't realize an Asian has never won the 100 m freestyle.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yes, he is quite attractive. I didn't realize an Asian has never won the 100 m freestyle.
He's in the same league as Sun Yang, who was the first Chinese man to achieve gold medal in the middle and long distance swimming and Liu Xiong in the 110 m hurdle. Chinese men and Asian men in general face physical disadvantage in the short sprints both on the track and in the pool. This is slowly being corrected by China.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:21 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
He's in the same league as Sun Yang, who was the first Chinese man to achieve gold medal in the middle and long distance swimming and Liu Xiong in the 110 m hurdle. Chinese men and Asian men in general face physical disadvantage in the short sprints both on the track and in the pool. This is slowly being corrected by China.
Didn't even qualify the final. Turns out he is overrated and doesn't belong to the same league as Sun Yang. Too much hype for this guy. His best performance two years ago is exactly the same as Nathan Adrian's yesterday, who was number 1 in the semi-final (interesting he ranked 16 out of 16 in the heats. Seems his best days are already over. At the age of 23, he is already talking about "retirement".

Put Ning aside, I am glad that the Chinese swimmers are a lot better than before. I remember in those old days you hardly see a single Chinese in any of the finals, especially men. I could only look at a few Japanese wishing there were Chinese too. Now you see them in most final competition, sometimes winning medals.

Winning the gold is not the ultimate goal. I am just glad overall they are so much better.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Didn't even qualify the final. Turns out he is overrated and doesn't belong to the same league as Sun Yang. Too much hype for this guy. His best performance two years ago is exactly the same as Nathan Adrian's yesterday, who was number 1 in the semi-final (interesting he ranked 16 out of 16 in the heats. Seems his best days are already over. At the age of 23, he is already talking about "retirement".

Put Ning aside, I am glad that the Chinese swimmers are a lot better than before. I remember in those old days you hardly see a single Chinese in any of the finals, especially men. I could only look at a few Japanese wishing there were Chinese too. Now you see them in most final competition, sometimes winning medals.

Winning the gold is not the ultimate goal. I am just glad overall they are so much better.
You're right. A Chinese boy won a surprising silver in the backstroke. Shu jia yue or something like that.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 640 times
The 2016 Olympic Games will kick-start in Rio de Janeiro on 5 August. The 28th edition of the Games will see 10,500 athletes from 206 National Olympic Committees, including nations like Kosovo and South Sudan, who will make their debut. The contingents from these nations will compete for 306 sets of medals, in 28 Olympic sports.
But the thing that matters most to India is the fact that it has hit its maiden century as far as its Olympic contingent is concerned. With more than a 100 athletes qualifying for the quadrennial mega-event, India will be fielding it's largest-ever contingent. This is a marked improvement compared to the compared to 56 athletes that competed eight years ago at the 2008 Beijing Games.
India have always been underachievers at the Olympics. But in the previous two editions, India has increased their single medal tally at Atlanta 1996, Sydney 2006 and Athens 2004, to three in Beijing 2008 and an unprecedented six at London 2012.
At Rio 2016, India will be aiming for a double digit medal tally, an ambition that seemed beyond the realms of reality a few years ago, but now looks achievable. With less than two months for the start of the Games, we take a look at every sportsperson who will represent India at the 2016 Olympics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sms marketing

Old 08-10-2016, 12:59 PM

India hasn't won a thing yet in those games in Rio.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 PM

1,087 posts, read 782,498 times
India? The problem with India is they are too happy with western nation's tongue in cheek title of "largest democracy in the world" and reports fake high GDP growth and unrealistic Olympics medals projections.

Take a look at those nations on top of Olympics medals table, they are all strong industrialized nations that India has nothing in common with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia