Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times

Advertisements

Haven't seen much discussion of Israel. What do folks think of it, as visitors, former residents, or living there now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Haven't seen much discussion of Israel. What do folks think of it, as visitors, former residents, or living there now?

Perhaps you should start the discussion by outlining your thoughts and feelings about the country.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:00 PM

524 posts, read 942,356 times
I personally think that the U.S. needs to let Israel protect themselves how THEY see fit and back them up when needed!

The U.S. has more in common with Israel than Palestine!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:20 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Perhaps you should start the discussion by outlining your thoughts and feelings about the country.
My thoughts?
Considering the fallout from the 30s and 40s, the Jews had to have somewhere to go.
I personally don't understand why so many people seem to hate Jews. When we moved to the Detroit area in the 1960s, I ran into lots of kids (jr. high school) who spewed terrible hatred. It was clear they were repeating what they heard at home.
Perhaps it's because Henry Ford had such an influence there, the old man had a lot of issues including certain admiration for Hitler.

I realize there are many in the world who would just kill their enemies, then everything would be better. Too bad they don't realize that when the enemies supply is gone, their friends--or they, from their friends--will become the new enemies. And so will begin the next round of exterminations.

So I think the Jews should have a homeland, and where else but in the holy land that has great historical significance for them? Perhaps they would do better with 50,000 square miles purchased from Greenland? They would be more secure, surely the area would prosper, but it's not historic turf for the population. Not to mention the climate difference.

I think the government is a bit on the authoritarian side of things, Israel is not as free a country as the US is, I believe. But the citizens do at least have the right to self defense, something that the newly-insane nations of the world like England have determined is not a right of a citizen any more.

What does property cost in Israel? Is there any rural living, given the packed population per square mile nature of the country? Is there an ex-pat community there? What's the nature of organized crime there? Drug and alcohol use and abuse? What kinds of cars are marketed in Israel?

What, nobody here knows anything about Israel? Can anyone recommend other websites? Thanks.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:23 AM

719 posts, read 2,666,792 times
I think we should've offered them Florida instead.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:54 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
"they had to have somewhere to go"?

Old 11-15-2008, 02:43 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
I've got a work buddy who spent his vacations in Tel Aviv and told me the night scene there is very hot, speak Rio de Janeiro, it's very feisty, lots of freewheeling people;
some feedback on that one ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia