Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 03:41 PM

898 posts, read 1,219,012 times

Advertisements

this is a post i wanted to share with you all and see your responses. it was written at a starbucks in nyc today by a guy who was venting to me. what do you all think?

top reasons why i left islam

1-the quran is no miracle. everything in that book was common knowledge in the world at the time. the quran is just a collection of stories, theories, and ideas not written by muhummad (the guy was illiterate and could not read or write and the quran was not written down until after he died) but by those who followed him with their own agenda. we have no idea who actually wrote those words and how each word was twisted for whatever reason. there are also arguments and accounts of possibilities that there were many different versions of the quran. anyhow, these people simply say “those are god’s words! they can never be false!” yeah dude, the same thing is said for the bible or any other religious drivel. those words were written by people and people are really screwed up. go read a history book about humanity. the worst part of the quran is that since it is a book in god’s words, why are the words so metaphorical? why couldn’t god tell us wayyyyy before copernicus and galileo did about the sun being at the center of the milky way galaxy instead of the earth? how about the earth being round? why must we infer and apply all these logical gymnastics to try to get the book to match modern science? it’s muslims trying to do damage control (cue tom cruise’s and miley cyrus’s pr rep! ding ding! they’ll set the logical non-muslims straight!). this is direct proof for me that these words/thoughts are absolutely those of humans and NOT some supreme being.

2-the quran is NOT a “special” book. there have been hundreds if not thousands of “special” pieces of literary work. there is no objective bar to qualify one book as supreme vs. another. plato’s republic is incredible. 1984 is incredible. or is it? are they? who decides which literary work is better? you can’t just say “it’s god’s book so it’s the best!” assuming you are an uneducated reader of this list, let me explain something: you cannot use a proof to prove a proof. that’s a classic error in logic. on the other hand, the quran IS a special book because it invites its readers to go on mass jihadi escapades, killing and pillaging, all in the name of its god. this is not my opinion or a theory. this is real life. turn your tv on. it’s NOT the media and its fearmongering. chris rock is not looking for a newscaster behind his back at an atm. he’s looking for a kneega trying to rob him. when i turn the tv on, i am not looking to see who is reporting it. i already know those bombings are 100% happening and that muslims are doing it. the media is not manufacturing that. muslims are. or rather, the quran is. that’s all those people know.

3-banning alcohol, period. yeah, throwing out the baby with the bathwater. islam argues that alcohol causes harm to society. yeah, let’s ban cars too because too many people die in accidents every year. ditto for airplanes and anything else like medicine because, you know, you can get an allergic reaction from penicillin and die. let’s just throw everything out of the tub. makes a whole lot of sense for an author who is “god.” he should actually write some insurance policies and deductibles. i wonder what kind of logic would be in those figures.

4-the mosque is a bank. god is powerful and so on blah blah blah…but wait! he always needs money. go to any mosque and they are always asking for money. why? if you give them a billion dollars, they will ask you for another dollar the very next second. i am not even joking.

5-muhummad. everyone has already covered the pedophilia aspect of his “favorite” wife as well as has war-mongering ways. i won’t repeat them here. you can just search the internet. this guy is supposed to be the model for humanity. i have no idea how someone who supports war is supposed to be a model for civilization. note that i said civilization; something the arabs did not have (and actually still don't) until western thought at least introduced the idea to them (thank you ancient greeks!).

6-women’s rights. a woman’s vote is worth half that of a man. you need two women to have the same voting power as one man. ‘nuff said. and oh btw, you can’t change that. it’s in the quran so you just “have to” accept it. no amendments to the “constitution” here ladies…move along now.

7-the jews and christians and pagans (hindus and such) suck. they suck so bad that you should kill them but make sure you make babies out of their women, because, uh, sex and making babies is fun (you *know* those jewish babes from israel have a hot mediterranean tan and are just *dying* to be taken). i wonder if animists are included, the native american religion. anyhow, i have met jewish people who have helped me tremendously while some have tried to screw me. i have met muslims who have screwed me while some have tried to help me. and vice versa. what does this mean? people are really screwed up. that’s it. has nothing to do with religion unless you become one of those ISIS cyberthugs living in a 1st world 21st-century-law country but wanting to return to 630 AD. but those people were already screwed up anyway to begin with. they are mental cases who could have been swayed by a salesman selling chewing gum to a guy with lockjaw.

8-the jewish holocaust, black plague in europe, and blacks in slavery in americas. there’s a lot more but i will leave it here. “holy s.” that’s what i say. talk about a god who just doesn’t give a blank. so let me get this straight. i should sit here and think that god helped me pass my law school exam but he let millions of people just die, because, you know, my law school exam is priority. gotta get that 180 lsat score, G (pun intended as if god is a gangsta)! help me out mah kneega! or maybe, just maybe, there is no magical sky fairy who exists: everything is up to me (my genetics, upbringing, effort, opportunity) and statistical probabilities along with a bit of pure/random luck. that’s it.

9-sharia law: i have no rights in saying how i am to be governed and what laws should apply to me. given that i grew up in a democracy, going back to a dictatorship (the dictator is the islamic god) is like going back to the stone ages. there is no trial by jury, no presumption of innocence, and barbaric punishments like cutting off limbs are the norm. there is no possible way that any logical person would want to go backwards in terms of general human rights and opportunities. this makes no sense.

10-sorcery. the quran is stuck in the puritanical world of the salem witch trials of which america recently escaped a few hundred years ago. if someone dies, i must have done black magic on that person. it cannot be a possible bacterial infection or the failure of an organ. nope. there’s nothing more to say about this. you cannot get more middle ages than this.

11-the world is not a desert. there is absolutely no blank way that the quran and islam could have been sold to the citizens of the bahamas or caribbean islands. no way. why? they already live in a paradise that the quran promised (it is described exactly like this in the quran) to the arabs who lived in a desert with near to no water and a sun that would fry their skin on a daily basis. i wonder how someone would rewrite the quran for a society who already lives on a tropical island with delicious drinks, all you can eat-and-**** *****, with perfect temperature every day. what could you possibly sell to the audience?

12-islam (and religion in general but islam paints a FAR vivid picture comparatively) gives the most hope to the lowest rung of society thanks to its descriptions of paradise and hell. are you a stupid low-wage worker? are you ugly? are you short? want to look like brad pitt? or be rich like warren buffet? tall like michael jordan? well, you can! just shut your mouth and don’t you ever dare blank rebel like the french 3rd estate did in 1789. stay in your place and keep praying or something like that. just keep believing that you will be these things in some afterlife. somehow, somewhere it’s gonna happen. really. but yeah, don’t rebel or ask for rights. stay on that religious drug high every sunday or whenever your sabbath holy day(s) bs happens while i/we (the leader(s) of said nation(s)) rule as i/we please.

13-terrorism. heaven is running short on virgin girls. can you please stop the suicide bombings? there is no other religion that supports war as much as islam does. yes the crusades happened in christianity but that was to reclaim lands, not to go all out and spread the religion “by the sword.” i don’t want your sharia law shoved down my throat. go away.

14-i went to college. before then, i was taught to believe in this bs. i never saw the world (and especially religion) the same again after educating myself.

15-those arab girls i see all over town with their hijabs on their heads to “hide” their beauty/hair while they simultaneously wear full makeup and show me their beautiful ass and legs in those oh-so-tight jeans (designer brand to boot! gotta get props from mah girls!). don’t you just love human hypocrisy? born to kill with a peace sign on my helmet! gotta make allah happy AND that cute zayn malik guy! DAMN he’s hot! please, oh please, look at my legs and ass and come on to me!

16-and finally, the most important reason why i became an apostate and left islam: i took a logical and objective look at my behaviors and the ideas, theories, and the customs i grew up with and around. i had to walk away from everything and look at it from the outside. i accepted that i wanted to live a life based on logic and sound reason rather than unchecked emotion and habits borne from tradition and customs. it was very difficult but living a life of illusion would have been far worse. and for that, i thank plato and his allegory of the cave.

written by muslimapostateguy1776

Old 04-18-2015, 04:57 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
How very odd. I would have sworn that nobody but a Christian would see the Crusades as a legitimate effort to "reclaim lands".

Old 04-18-2015, 05:22 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
The Opening Post is copied verbatim from Craig's List (New York).

That clearly violates the Terms of Service.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:23 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
The list of reasons for ditching Islam seem congruent with a list of reasons for dumping Christianity.

No one knows who wrote the primary "sacred" texts, religion of peace which has encouraged and supported wars, chockablock with doctrines which applied to the ancient times but are archaic and barbaric when applied today..etc

The exception might be the business about the Islamic girls in the tight jeans and masked faces. I cannot think of a Christian equivalent unless you wish to count those with a fetish for Catholic girl school uniforms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism