Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:57 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,932,887 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I've been wandering around various boards and checking back here from time to time, but I thought this was the best place to ask this:
Does anyone have an idea for me for a holiday card? I make my own and do it as a left-over tradition from years past. I like hearing from my friends and relatives over the holidays.
I try to make them non-religious and am fresh out of ideas! Sometimes I draw a picture, sometimes add a photo, or just use a saying on the front.
Does anyone have any sincere, useful ideas? It can be friendly or funny or just about anything but crude!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 03:01 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,264,488 times
I use cards with a pretty nature scene, write my letters and wish them happy holidays. I never use anything specific to any one holiday except maybe the winter solstice - a calender-earth event.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I use cards with a pretty nature scene, write my letters and wish them happy holidays. I never use anything specific to any one holiday except maybe the winter solstice - a calender-earth event.
Hi and thanks for the input. That's always a good idea! I'm not sure I have any fresh nature scenes, but sometimes I use what I find on the net. I'm pretty sure it's legal as long as it's for personal use and I don't charge money for them.

What are you using this year??

Old 12-06-2008, 03:43 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,358,351 times
The photo post card is always good. I like the picture of the dogs in deer horns or the family sitting on the front steps in shorts when many of our friends are butt deep in snow. My wife might wish them good wishes for a specific holiday along with an update of the year’s events, but with me it is usually just a general holiday or New Years Hi with little of no information. I like these electronic cards now too. They are fast, environmental green, and non-religious all of which I see as a positive. The cut and paste ability might even let me send something other than sure Hi!

Old 12-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
The photo post card is always good. I like the picture of the dogs in deer horns or the family sitting on the front steps in shorts when many of our friends are butt deep in snow. My wife might wish them good wishes for a specific holiday along with an update of the year’s events, but with me it is usually just a general holiday or New Years Hi with little of no information. I like these electronic cards now too. They are fast, environmental green, and non-religious all of which I see as a positive. The cut and paste ability might even let me send something other than sure Hi!
So are you saying you just go to the store and buy post cards? Or are you talking about putting your own picture on a post card and send with a short message??

Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,358,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
So are you saying you just go to the store and buy post cards? Or are you talking about putting your own picture on a post card and send with a short message??
I take my own pictures and print them out on postcards. You can get them printed at Sears, or any photo shop. I am not sure which cost less. The ink from printer, or paying the photo shops. The best part is it is fast an a little personal.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
"When the cold wind blows during the season of joy, come in out of the cold and warm your heart with friends and family you love."

Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,963 times
I like Cthulhu with a Santa hat.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:20 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,328 times
I make my own cards. I buy holiday cards that you can slip your own photo in the front. I take a picture of my 4 dogs in their holiday finery. I crop the photo and fix up the background in Photoshop. The cards come with some generic holiday greeting and I add a few personal words. Everybody really likes them.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:31 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,812 times
I'm really bad about sending cards. I just never get on the ball to do it. Two years ago, though, I took a really awesome picture of my (then 2 year old) daughter sitting under the tree in her pajamas with her arms crossed and a pouty face going on. I edited it with a photo progrma to add a lined paper background, and using a child's writing style font, I wrote

"Dear Santa. I can explain. Love, Evelyn"

Then on the back I just put "Season's Greetings from the M***** family".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism