Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 02:33 PM

895 posts, read 2,365,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It is my loving God that knows the future, and it is my loving God that knows that Evil men will try and destroy the people of Israel. And is my loving God that will prevent evil men from doing this. On my previous post, I have clearly stated that the only thing required for that East Gate Prophecy to be fulfilled is that God walk through the Gate. There are a number of prophecies that must be fulfilled before that happens. Yet the prophecy of the Gate is in place. The original East Gate survived and was buried. Non believers rebuilt a second Gate over the Original Gate. Non believers sealed up the rebuilt porch Gate. And all attempts to break through the sealed Porch Gate have failed.The prophecy will be fulfilled, and the World will see the God of all Creation. The only one's who believe in fairy tales, are those who ignore the facts.
Loving god? Do you know that he killed more people than the devil has?

How is this god loving?

Quote:
1 Samuel, chapter 15, verse 3: "Go now and put Amalek to the sword, putting to the curse all they have, without mercy: put to death every man and woman, every child and baby at the breast, every ox and sheep, camel and ass."
Quote:
Hosea, chapter 13, verse 16 (chapter 14, verse 1 in some translations): "Samaria will be made waste, for she has gone against her God: they will be cut down by the sword, their little children will be broken on the rocks, their women who are with child will be cut open."
Quote:
Psalm 137, verse 9:"How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock."
Ezekial chapter 9, verse 4-6: "The Lord commands: "... slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women"
Quote:
Numbers, chapter 31, verses 17-18: "So now put every male child to death, and every woman who has had sex relations with a man. But all the female children who have had no sex relations with men, you may keep for yourselves."
Quote:
2 Kings, chapter 2, verses 23-24: "Then from there he went up to Beth-el; and on his way, some little boys came out from the town and made sport of him, crying, Go up, old no-hair! Go up, old no-hair! And turning back, he saw them, and put a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the wood and put forty-two of the children to death."
Quote:
Isiah chapter 13, verse 16: "Their young children will be broken up before their eyes; their goods will be taken away, and their wives made the property of others."
Quote:
Exodus chapter 34, verse 7: "...But will send punishment on children for the sins of their fathers, and on their children's children to the third and fourth generation."
Quote:
Exodus chapter 21, verse 7:"If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do."
Leviticus chapter 27, verse 6:"And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver."
Quote:
1 Samuel chapter 16, verse 14 "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him."
Quote:
Exodus chapter 15, verse 3: "The Lord is a man of war"
Isaiah chapter45, verse 7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

your god sounds worse than Hitler!!!!

Last edited by Bibi12; 05-30-2009 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
[quote=NihonKitty;9056787]Loving god? Do you know that he killed more people than the devil has?

How is this god loving?

God gave people life, and God has the right to take life and does everyday. And those who God destroys are those who often oppose Him. Somehow you believe that we are above God, and that is why we humans are in the sorry state we find ourselves in. How many universes have you created? God has offered us all eternal life, yet God tells us most of the earths population will reject His truth, and try to substitute it with their own. Hitler was the result of humans putting their faith in someone other than God.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM

^ did you read it? How are little children who made a joke opposing god? They were children, he killed even babies. Have you read the bible? Your god is no loving god at all. He is the number one psychopath and murder ever.

A loving god should be able to forgive rather than kill innocent babies and children. The christian god is so horrible! It's amazing people worship a murderer. It's also funny how a almighty powerful god doesnt just fix every problem in the world it should take him a split second to do it he created everything with a plan but somehow his wisdom didnt see how his creations would be a failure. What a powerful god which cant even create correctly!

Evil isnt from the devil or humans who dont have faith. God created evil he said so himself

Quote:
Isaiah chapter45, verse 7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Last edited by Bibi12; 05-30-2009 at 03:47 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 03:52 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
Quote:
...yet God tells us most of the earths population will reject His truth, and try to substitute it with their own.
I hate to admit it, but the people who wrote the Bible were fairly clever at times. This little gem of the Bible is a brilliant way to cause its followers to completely disregard any evidence for anything that may threaten its "truth". Sometimes they even scoff at evidence that should have nothing to do with their faith.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
^ did you read it? How are little children who made a joke opposing god? They were children, he killed even babies. Have you read the bible? Your god is no loving god at all. He is the number one psychopath and murder ever.

A loving god should be able to forgive rather than kill innocent babies and children. The christian god is so horrible! It's amazing people worship a murderer. It's also funny how a almighty powerful god doesnt just fix every problem in the world it should take him a split second to do it he created everything with a plan but somehow his wisdom didnt see how his creations would be a failure. What a powerful god which cant even create correctly!

Evil isnt from the devil or humans who dont have faith. God created evil he said so himself
You did not read the story correctly, they were not little children. And this is how non believers often misquote the Bible. God knew from the beginning that His creation would not follow Him. Yet He knew a few would, and those are the ones He will Save. God created beings that choose to use their free will to oppose Him. And God creates evil to punish evil men, not those who love Him.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
You did not read the story correctly, they were not little children. And this is how non believers often misquote the Bible. God knew from the beginning that His creation would not follow Him. Yet He knew a few would, and those are the ones He will Save. God created beings that choose to use their free will to oppose Him. And God creates evil to punish evil men, not those who love Him.
Lol this is the WORST response i have ever seen. Did you even read your bible? How am i reading this wrong?
Quote:
1 Samuel, chapter 15, verse 3: "Go now and put Amalek to the sword, putting to the curse all they have, without mercy: put to death every man and woman, every child and baby at the breast, every ox and sheep, camel and ass."
It CLEARLY says baby at the breast.

Quote:
2 Kings, chapter 2, verses 23-24: "Then from there he went up to Beth-el; and on his way, some little boys came out from the town and made sport of him, crying, Go up, old no-hair! Go up, old no-hair! And turning back, he saw them, and put a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the wood and put forty-two of the children to death."
Clearly says little boys. I can go on and on. These are just a few examples. The only argument you can come up with is I'm reading it wrong?

Quote:
God knew from the beginning that His creation would not follow Him.
God is extremely flawed then. He isnt all powerful and perfect than. Stop saying god is perfect if he can't even make his creations properly or tell them all at once. Instead he tells a tiny desert tribe and somehow expects native americans,africans,chinese,japanese etc to somehow follow him? Give me a break.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I hate to admit it, but the people who wrote the Bible were fairly clever at times. This little gem of the Bible is a brilliant way to cause its followers to completely disregard any evidence for anything that may threaten its "truth". Sometimes they even scoff at evidence that should have nothing to do with their faith.
Sometimes that evidence refutes Biblical truth, and that evidence has everything to do with Biblical faith. Yet the Bible was written by much more than clever men, because only God knows the future. And it's obvious, the Bible has the ability to see into the future, because the Bible predicts the future accurately long before that future has occured.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:31 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
Quote:
Sometimes that evidence refutes Biblical truth, and that evidence has everything to do with Biblical faith. Yet the Bible was written by much more than clever men, because only God knows the future. And it's obvious, the Bible has the ability to see into the future, because the Bible predicts the future accurately long before that future has occured.
If you actually believe that, then there is no reason at all for us to even be discussing any of this. No amount of logic or evidence will change your mind, so what's the point? It is rather frustrating to me, though, because I used to be just like you (which is kind of the point of this thread, originally). I thought the Bible was absolute truth because...well...the Bible told me it was. If the Bible says it's God's word, then it must be. Right?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Lol this is the WORST response i have ever seen. Did you even read your bible? How am i reading this wrong?

It CLEARLY says baby at the breast.

Clearly says little boys. I can go on and on. These are just a few examples. The only argument you can come up with is I'm reading it wrong?

God is extremely flawed then. He isnt all powerful and perfect than. Stop saying god is perfect if he can't even make his creations properly or tell them all at once. Instead he tells a tiny desert tribe and somehow expects native americans,africans,chinese,japanese etc to somehow follow him? Give me a break.
Forgive me, the story you mention I though was another one that I was aware of. Yet it appears I was incorrect. Let me ask you something. Suppose the entire population of the earth was in danger of being destroyed, and only a small group of people were in a position to save mankind. And suppose this small group was being opposed by some very agressive ones who were in a position to kill them all. Would you be willing to gamble with the whole human race, in order to appease the agressive few?

God did not make robots, He did make man with free will to choose Him freely.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Yes, and what a lousy choice your god gave us. My way or the highway (to "Hell"). Free will, my #@$. So much love.

Your question is merely a variation of Pascal's Wager. Way too many "ifs". If one is desperate enough, he will try anything, no matter how unlikely? That isn't much of a reason to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism