Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:59 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_born_Tx_raised View Post
Ok first of all ChielGril, you're missing my point
Axis Mundi, I dont understand a damn thing you just said,you probably looked all that fancy talk up on the internet.

lastly, I have said my piece, I stand by my beliefs, as you stand by yours. I am leaving this thread. no hard feelings, but like i said, everyone is missing my point --- you are entitled to your own opinion, however it is MY opinion (and call me names or bash me for it if it makes you feel better) that this country was better off with a whole lotta God fearing gunslinging southerners. all this new age bull** is a bunch of crap. if you have so much to complain about here...find somewhere else to go that you like better. As for me, I love it here in the good ol' South where I've been all my life. Ill never leave this place. im 100% American born and raised. Never had a green card and never needed one. People like me belong here and alot of others like you dont. Post what you want in reply to me, I wont be reading it anyway. Just remember this--- When the economy comes crashing down around your feet, when your starving and have no shelter for your children, when you have nothing else to do but DIE--- The South will be sustaining itself quite fairly. we know how to hunt, farm, and build our own shelter. so dont come crying to us "backwoods hillbillies" when you need help. instead why dont you pray to YOUR GOD.
I ahve been an informal student of US and Constitutional History for 30 years.

If you need clarification on something, ask.

If you would like a quick, definitive explination...

Our Founding and Nation have nothing to do with religion, and religion has no business being in our laws and g'ment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
AxisMundi was clear, concise and right on the money. Anyone who didn't understand that needs to repeat 5th grade.

(BTW AxisMundi, I love your screen name. I should have chosen Omphalos, since I tend to contemplate it too often!!!)
Thank you, on both counts.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
Quote:
your right everyone in texas isnt like me....[moderator cut; insulting ethnic comment] so you win that one. Like I said this place was better when the South had control.
Holy crap dude, what century are you living in? I liked it better when my Comanche people had control of Texas. Whatcha think about that? Sheez.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 PM

30 posts, read 98,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
I ahve been an informal student of US and Constitutional History for 30 years.

If you need clarification on something, ask.

If you would like a quick, definitive explination...

Our Founding and Nation have nothing to do with religion, and religion has no business being in our laws and g'ment.
Look, Im not embarassed to admit that i dont know alot about the government, or politics. That doesnt make me a hillbilly or anything less than any of yall. Kudos for all of your studies. I would in fact like to learn more someday, but I fear I dont have that kind of patience to study Government. I apologise for what I said, Im sure you DIDNT look up all your info online, you do sound well informed.
I agree with some of what you say about religion mixed with laws.

For those who say im racist:
I am not racist. I am prejudice. not against one race. but against the vast majority of people in a said race. example-- it is FACT not opinion that 85% of rapes, murders, robberies and petty assault cases are against blacks and mexicans. 15% are against whites. Actually now that we are on the subject, it is hard for a white person to get government help even ONE time much less month to month. but for a "minority" ( which in my opinion whites are a minority now) sighn a paper and your on welfare, foodstamps, and everything else you can think of that comes out of taxpayer money.

And it was said that I am Homophobic:
here we go with the steriotypes. thats EXACTLY my point. dont judge a book by its cover. I never even mentioned gays/lesbians, in fact I spent most of the first part of my adult life as a Lesbian. so just because you think im a racist southerner, doesnt mean I am, and doesnt mean i hate gays or anyone else for that matter.

ps- I have nothing against indians, what was done to them was cruel and unjust. my father is half Cherokee. so like I said before... DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. i said nothing about Native Americans.....

Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
Quote:
= The South will be sustaining itself quite fairly. we know how to hunt, farm, and build our own shelter. so dont come crying to us "backwoods hillbillies" when you need help. instead why dont you pray to YOUR GOD.
Have you stumbled in here by mistake and just not noticed that this is the forum to discuss atheism and agnosticism?

Newsflash: we don't pray to any gods, not even yours, because they're all false. Oh, and we don't appreciate your racist bullsh*t either. You can take that over to another forum where people like you cluster together and bemoan the fact that someone with non-white skin has moved into your insular little inbred town.

And you, part Cherokee? If you don't have a card, you ain't.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Have you stumbled in here by mistake and just not noticed that this is the forum to discuss atheism and agnosticism?

Newsflash: we don't pray to any gods, not even yours, because they're all false. Oh, and we don't appreciate your racist bullsh*t either. You can take that over to another forum where people like you cluster together and bemoan the fact that someone with non-white skin has moved into your insular little inbred town.

Mabey you should read all the comments and not just the last ones genius. we all got a little off subject, yes. but everything i said pertained to the conversation we were having at that time. thank you for you two sense, but its not needed ok shugg.

and I dont need a card to know who I am k.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Look, Im not embarassed to admit that i dont know alot about the government, or politics. That doesnt make me a hillbilly or anything less than any of yall. Kudos for all of your studies. I would in fact like to learn more someday, but I fear I dont have that kind of patience to study Government. I apologise for what I said, Im sure you DIDNT look up all your info online, you do sound well informed.
I agree with some of what you say about religion mixed with laws......
Thank you for your retraction, and your compliments.

I don't consider people "hillbillies" for not being knowledgable about our Foudning and History. Most people go with what they are told and hear, by teachers in school, by the media they watch/listen to as well.

A few things for you to consider...

Bouvier's Law Dictionary, first published in 1836, was, and still is, considered the authoritative source for early US legal terms. Even by the time of our Revolution, certain subtle differences had crept into "legaleeze" that differed from the English legal syatem. Here is entry number four from Bouvier's definition for "Establish...

4. To found, recognize, confirm or admit; as, congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

Another thing to take into consideration. All US Treaties are US Law. The "Triploi Treaty" of 1796-97 was created by, voted on, and signed into US Law by many of the same men who crafted and signed the US Constitution. Article 11 reads...

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;

Our Nation was crafted to be a place of religious equality, for people of all religions and none as well. This concept has been eroded away by people wishing to turn the US into a Christian theodemocracy at best, theocracy at worst.

Not only is this Nation a safe and protected place for your "God, Grace" and Guns", it is just as safe and protected for my "God, Goddess, and Civil War Reproduction Firearms".

Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Ok first of all ChielGril, you're missing my point
Axis Mundi, I dont understand a damn thing you just said,you probably looked all that fancy talk up on the internet.

lastly, I have said my piece, I stand by my beliefs, as you stand by yours. I am leaving this thread. no hard feelings, but like i said, everyone is missing my point --- you are entitled to your own opinion, however it is MY opinion (and call me names or bash me for it if it makes you feel better) that this country was better off with a whole lotta God fearing gunslinging southerners. all this new age bull** is a bunch of crap. if you have so much to complain about here...find somewhere else to go that you like better. As for me, I love it here in the good ol' South where I've been all my life. Ill never leave this place. im 100% American born and raised. Never had a green card and never needed one. People like me belong here and alot of others like you dont. Post what you want in reply to me, I wont be reading it anyway. Just remember this--- When the economy comes crashing down around your feet, when your starving and have no shelter for your children, when you have nothing else to do but DIE--- The South will be sustaining itself quite fairly. we know how to hunt, farm, and build our own shelter. so dont come crying to us "backwoods hillbillies" when you need help. instead why dont you pray to YOUR GOD.
No, you made you point loud and clear.
We disagree with it.
Take your religion, do what you want in private, but leave the rest of the world out of it.
New age what? I believe in no religion, now you're just making things up. Silly, silly approach to life.
I just see your post as stereotypical southern uneducated crap.
Good thing most southerners don't fit into that mold, maybe you broke it.

So, who would your Jesus hate?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

Not only is this Nation a safe and protected place for your "God, Grace" and Guns", it is just as safe and protected for my "God, Goddess, and Civil War Reproduction Firearms".

FINALLY!! Im much less (much much less) tactfull than you!!! (i admit by far) but that was the jist of the first point I was trying to make before this was turned into so many other topics! I was trying to explain that sure christianity didnt found this country, but it still has just as much right as any other religion, or belief.
I should have just said that in the first place

and ChielGirl---hate is a man made emotion. Jesus doesnt hate anyone.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
I agree with some of what you say about religion mixed with laws.

For those who say im racist:
I am not racist. I am prejudice. not against one race. but against the vast majority of people in a said race. example-- it is FACT not opinion that 85% of rapes, murders, robberies and petty assault cases are against blacks and mexicans. 15% are against whites. Actually now that we are on the subject, it is hard for a white person to get government help even ONE time much less month to month. but for a "minority" ( which in my opinion whites are a minority now) sighn a paper and your on welfare, foodstamps, and everything else you can think of that comes out of taxpayer money.

And it was said that I am Homophobic:
here we go with the steriotypes. thats EXACTLY my point. dont judge a book by its cover. I never even mentioned gays/lesbians, in fact I spent most of the first part of my adult life as a Lesbian. so just because you think im a racist southerner, doesnt mean I am, and doesnt mean i hate gays or anyone else for that matter.

ps- I have nothing against indians, what was done to them was cruel and unjust. my father is half Cherokee. so like I said before... DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. i said nothing about Native Americans.....
Indians? Like Gandhi? Or NATIVE Americans?
If what you're presenting is only your cover, we're not going to flip the pages.
Speaking of books, you might want to crack one here and there to educate yourself.
Whites have always been a minority in the world, they just didn't know it.
BTW, what white pride hate site did you crawl from under?

This is the first time I'm twitting someone with no points.
Kudos on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
And a prior lesbian, too.
This is a live wire.

Quote:
and ChielGirl---hate is a man made emotion. Jesus doesnt hate anyone.
Point made. YOU claim to be a christer, yet YOU exhibit a great deal of hatred towards others.
Can you please use a spell check? It comes free with your computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism