Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Yeah and that would work except 80% of the people in this country believes they have the best wife, dog and religious belief.
Hey now...I DO have the best dog in the world and I am his god. This is what I think anyway...he has different ideas. I just know he thinks I worship him.

BEAGLE RULES

http://www.petdvdlibrary.com/images/BeagleRules-L.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 03:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I was looking for the exact quote but cannot find it but goes something like;

Intelligent people discuss ideas and concepts
Smart people discuss events and happenings
Dumb people just discuss other people

Kinda make one wonder where we fit in on this 3-tier ranking eh?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:29 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Yes it is kinda funny. Most of the bible is written in third person. In other words discussing other people. Very appropriate when evaluating that statement about dumb people.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 AM

705 posts, read 1,110,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I was looking for the exact quote but cannot find it but goes something like;

Intelligent people discuss ideas and concepts
Smart people discuss events and happenings
Dumb people just discuss other people

Kinda make one wonder where we fit in on this 3-tier ranking eh?
They quote I saw was something like;

Small minds discuss the past,

Mediocre minds discuss the present,

But Large minds discuss the future and how to improve things.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct16 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned post
Look around you man!

People who hang their very being on a hereafter for which there is absolutely not a modicum of evidence are either already in charge of governments of the world or they're trying to gain control. 15,000 documented ways to worship a supreme being. Take just one of them, Christianity and add another 44,000+ denominations, conventions, sects, cults, beliefs of every description taken from every hearsay utterance in that ancient book.

We're lucky that there are not more who feel so strongly about it that they strap on C4 and detonate it.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-06-2010 at 03:15 PM..

Old 01-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Hitler was a nutball. I know all about the holocaust, having family not make it. He believed in god ( wasnt an atheist as some believe) so he was an extremist. I have yet to see a love thy neighbor concept from a religious person.
Oh it's bigger than that. Christians were told to walk the extra mile, turn the other cheek, love their neighbors as they loved themselves, if sued in court for their coat to volutarily give their cloak too, love their enemies, to pray for those who cursed and despised them and also...to be perfect. I might add one sidebar...donate 10% of everything they could get their hands on to the cause. I've never met one.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
So then new doesn't alway = better.
It's just a matter of time. In the last nine years 10% of the people who claimed to be Christians have opted out. The Internet which connects the whole world to one another will finally be the downfall of the ancient "god beliefs."

The Truth Will Set You Free!!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,151 times
Quote:
So then new doesn't alway = better.
There was nothing new about religious people wiping others out.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
[
Quote:
Got a point?
I don't hate it, I haven't heard anyone say that.
I cannot stand the hypocrisy, lies and lifestyles that contradict their bible.
I have to laugh at the belief system that's evolved around a book that was changed for political purposes and written by people who never met the god-man that it discusses.

Quote:
How about that Inquisition? The crusades?
Salem Witch trials?
Religious wars that occur today?
________
BTW, Hitler was raised xian; catholic.
You don't get to pick and choose who you consider to be xian. They are self-proclaimed.

Hitler's Christianity
To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred.

By using historical evidence of Hitler's and his henchmen's own words, this section aims to show how mixing religion with politics can cause conflicts, not only against religion but against government and its people. This site, in no way, condones Nazism, Neo-Nazism, fascist governments, or anti-Semitism, but instead, warns against them.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-06-2010 at 03:19 PM..

Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Better than thousands of years ago.
Yes, we have running water and sewage.
And the internet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism