Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM

96 posts, read 336,839 times

Advertisements

Really need local input!!! Have spent all day touring apartment complexes in Atlanta since this weekend is my deadline to secure a place. I have a new job beginning July 5, and must move over here next weekend.
I really liked The Heights Armour, 660, Tivoli 10side and Marquis Vista; with Heights Armour being my favorite. However, I just read terrible reviews about all on apartment reviewing websites. I read that Armour Heights is "ghetto" and dangerous, though I certainly did not get that feel today during my visit.
I would appreciate any feedback, or opinions, on these properties. Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:25 PM

747 posts, read 1,544,638 times
I have definitely heard that the tenant profile at Heights Armour is ghetto. Started out nice and then went downhill like most apt complexes do when they need to fill units.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 PM

96 posts, read 336,839 times
I am having no luck in Atlanta!! Any suggestions?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 PM

217 posts, read 409,107 times
I moved into Marquis Vista in April. It's great so far. The building is brand new and probably still only about half full. Tivoli looks really nice, but I don't have a car and I needed to be close to a MARTA station.

My only complaint is the people who apparently think that their stupid little yippity dogs' poop is going to instantly disappear like ice on a hot sidewalk, so they let little Princess crap in the landscaping and just LEAVE it there. I'm already really sick of smelling dog crap every time I go in or out of the building.

And if you like to swim, the pool at 660 is MUCH bigger than the one at MV. Having a "rooftop pool" sounds cool, but that thing is *tiny*. They just opened it last month and I actually laughed out loud the first time I saw it. Maybe building the kind of roof that could support a standard-size pool would have cost a lot more than they wanted to spend. The gym is also pretty small, if that matters to you - but I guess you saw that already.

Really, though, if you eliminate Armour Heights (not saying you should, I'd never even heard of it) any of the other three would probably be equally good.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM

7 posts, read 17,315 times
I really hope you didn't move to Armour Heights, I live in Gables Midtown right across the freeway and I have heard some pretty nasty things about that place. My lease here is almost up and I looked at Armour and read their reviews and still went over there to check it out. When I drove around the property it looked really crowded and there were some pretty shady characters outside. Needless to say, I didn't get out of my car.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,393 times
Marquis Vista is terrible I moved in around the summer time and everything appeared to be nice. The leasing agents were great....great actresses because they scammed the heck outta me. I should have stayed in my old place because this is 10x worse. They have 1 maintenance person and it takes about 3 weeks to have a simple request met. It's horrible! They get u in and then treat u horribly. They don't care about your concerns at all. It's unsafe and someone was shot and killed right outside of my door. Don't lease here or you'll be so so sorry

Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 PM

217 posts, read 409,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlresident1 View Post
Marquis Vista is terrible I moved in around the summer time and everything appeared to be nice. The leasing agents were great....great actresses because they scammed the heck outta me. I should have stayed in my old place because this is 10x worse. They have 1 maintenance person and it takes about 3 weeks to have a simple request met. It's horrible! They get u in and then treat u horribly. They don't care about your concerns at all. Don't lease here or you'll be so so sorry
I don't think it's quite that bad, but they are a little...unpredictable. I suspect that they were desperate for tenants in the spring and summer, but now the building has started to fill up and they're not as attentive. They've also changed management companies at least once between this spring and now. Everyone that I talked to or gave paperwork to when I toured the place and turned in my application was just gone - *POOF* - when I came back about a week later. Then when I moved in about a month later there seemed to be yet another new crop of people in the office.

I can't argue too much about the glacial pace of the maintenance. I guess they figured there wouldn't be too much maintenance to do on a brand new building, but having just that one guy is pretty ridiculous. What if he has to leave town for weeks or gets sick or injured?

I've been waiting five months for them to put screens on the windows. I was told in May that they were "on order." From where, another planet? Comcast had to come to try to install my internet three times because there was no one around to tell them that some of the cables for my floor are in the cable room on the floor above mine. (Really, though, just putting up a sign in the cable room could have resolved that.)

Quote:
It's unsafe and someone was shot and killed right outside of my door.
When/where was this? Are you talking about the guy being stabbed on Currier a few months ago?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM

562 posts, read 1,790,954 times
Although I havent seen most of these, except for Maquis Vista, Tivoli would be my pick. It looks really nice and the area around Atlantic station is less ghetto than the other places you are looking. I really wasnt that impressed by Marquis Vista even with their rooftop pool. Their apartments are pretty cookie cutter and are nothing special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: