Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Ok.I give.Who is Mr.Split-Personalities?That was kinda funny.I thought you meant Al Green at first.I think I know who are referring to though.lol
At this point, it's so many versions of it popping up and posting everywhere that I get confused my damn self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,801 times
This whole thread has turned into the absurd and ridiculous.

I will say that as much as I and AlGreen butt heads, I do respect his opinions regarding Atlanta, because unlike Jluke, he has actually been here and seems to know what he speaks of. When it comes to Atlanta, Jluke insists on talking out of his ass and makes passive-aggressive, snide remarks about the city whenever he can, even in this thread. When confronted, he wants to play Little Miss Innocent and deflects and tries to call out us awful Atlanta posters.

My issue is if someone came around and started making snide remarks about Houston and they admitted to never going there, but still insist on making snide, smartass remarks, he'd be one of the first ones to say something about it- and rightfully so. But when the Atlanta posters say something to him, he has the nerve to get all indignant about it. Quite hypocritical, don't you think?

And lately, WBNola (who really doesn't have a dog in this particular fight) seems to be quite comfortable getting together with the Texas posters to gang up on the Atlanta crew whenever he can

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the Atlanta posters can get quite ignorant too. It doesn't help that some of them respond with incoherent babble. Whenever I read SOME of afronega or chiatldal's posts, I have to read them multiple times to comprehend and follow along. I may be humble enough to admit Atlanta is not the be all and end all, but I can't say the same for other posters.

I'm pretty sure this is falling on deaf ears, and someone will tell me not to read the thread if I don't like it (and they can go die in a fire), but I'm just giving my .02 and I had a bad day, so I need to vent. I'm pretty sure you'll keep arguing about the same tired crap until a mod puts pulls the plug and puts this thread out of it's misery (hope springs eternal!). Don't we have enough of this over in the City-Vs-City section? There is enough drama in the Atlanta section as it is without all this outside help.

Last edited by grindin; 07-14-2010 at 07:50 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 07:15 PM

Grindin don't do me..
If you go back and read my first post in this thread gave Atlanta an edge over Dallas.
No, if you want to study my recent post you'll see that I'm quite comfortable expressing how bad both GA and TX posters are. See, you get shifty when you get to the GA forum.
Don't do me.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Grindin don't do me..
If you go back and read my first post in this thread gave Atlanta an edge over Dallas.
No, if you want to study my recent post you'll see that I'm quite comfortable expressing how bad both GA and TX posters are. See, you get shifty when you get to the GA forum.
Don't do me.
'Tis true, but I know you'll be singing "The Yellow Rose of Texas" tonight , and I did say "lately," not "all the time" You have called out the Texas posters for their shenanigans in the past too. You know you're okay with me. Sometimes. LOL.

I'm just saying we ALL have our hands dirty.

Last edited by grindin; 07-14-2010 at 07:51 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 07:41 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post

I will say that as much as I and AlGreen butt heads, I do respect his opinions regarding Atlanta, because unlike Jluke, he has actually been here and seems to know what he speaks of. When it comes to Atlanta, Jluke insists on talking out of his ass and makes passive-aggressive, snide remarks about the city whenever he can, even in this thread. When confronted, he wants to play Little Miss Innocent and deflects and tries to call out us awful Atlanta posters.

My issue is if someone came around and started making snide remarks about Houston and they admitted to never going there, but still insist on making snide, smartass remarks, he'd be one of the first ones to say something about it- and rightfully so. But when the Atlanta posters say something to him, he has the nerve to get all indignant about it. Quite hypocritical, don't you think?

And lately, WBNola (who really doesn't have a dog in this particular fight) seems to be quite comfortable getting together with the Texas posters to gang up on the Atlanta crew whenever he can

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the Atlanta posters can get quite ignorant too. It doesn't help that some of them respond with incoherent babble. I may be humble enough to admit Atlanta is not the be all and end all, but incant say the same for other posters.

I'm pretty sure this is falling on deaf ears, and someone will tell me not to read the thread if I don't like it (and they can go die in a fire), but I'm just giving my .02 and I had a bad day, so I need to vent. I'm pretty sure you'll keep arguing about the same tired crap until a mod puts pulls the plug and puts this thread out of it's misery (hope springs eternal!). Don't we have enough of this over in the City-Vs-City section? There is enough drama in the Atlanta section as it is without all this outside help.
OOWEE!! "Die In a Fire"?LOL REALLY?OMG!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
if you're talking about my pic, i'm is sorry. just couldn't help myself. it's all love

Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
if you're talking about my pic, i'm is sorry. just couldn't help myself. it's all love
The pic was pretty damn funny though. It easy to find ratchetness like that in a lot of Atlanta party spots.

I will say that it's so nice to see the Texans on this board think of us so much. Dogs don't bark at parked cars after all.

I must also point out that I need to thank afronega1 for calling out R1070 and his poorly-researched assessment of Lenox Square and the retail scene here in Atlanta.

Last edited by grindin; 07-14-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Keep it up Grindin, and you might as well be just as bad as Ms. 50 Screen names and Mr. can't type.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Keep it up Grindin, and you might as well be just as bad as Ms. 50 Screen names and Mr. can't type.
Well call me "Mr. I Own My BS"! I admit when I have my moments of being on the defensive.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Well call me "Mr. I Own My BS"! I admit when I have my moments of being on the defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta