Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 08:20 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
No.I never said that your experiences or made up.Just that your "facts" are.There probably are some real reason for Atlanta not to be to your liking.Frankly they are probably some of my dislikes as well.But when you make blanket statements about a place and say things like "A.A. tend to like it more" is your opinion but you cannot tell me you cannot understand how a white, Hispanic,Asian or another race might see that as somehow condescending?As if the city has little offer for no other group.

I challenged you(and another) also when you made an "outlandish" claims about: As an educated A.A where the overwhelming amount of my A.A. friends are either lawyer,Doctors,teachers,Policemen.etc...I find that very stereotypical and VERY ignorant for someone who has lived in Atlanta for 7 years.

I also brought up the fact about how the Fashion Week in Dallas PALES in comparison to the several in Atlanta.You nor any other DALLAS booster had nothing to say about that.

For you to have one friend left in Atlanta is not ODD at all.Like they say birds of a feather ,flock together.... to DALLAS.

What I also noticed that in the high society pages in Atlanta vs DALLAS is the diversity in the crowds at these ultra wealthy events.In Dallas all you see is old white women with tons of plastic surgery covered in diamonds with a room full of hardly even any other races.Atlanta,there are still more whites but its very evident that blacks are represented as well.Since Dallas has more Hispanics you would think you would see more in its crowds.But you don't.

I also find it odd how if your theory of A.A. loving it more( as if its not as much for others),then how come the white population has drastically increased in the city limits more than any other city in the U.S.?The black population is loosing population within the city limits.Or is that because Techwood,Perry Homes,etc.are no longer here?
I honestly had no idea there was even a fashion week in Atlanta. I had never heard of it until you mentioned it. I had heard of the Fashion in the Park at NorthPark Center when I lived in Atlanta.
"I also brought up the fact about how the Fashion Week in Dallas PALES in comparison to the several in Atlanta.You nor any other DALLAS booster had nothing to say about that." You say that I make blank statements without anything to back them up, well wheres your proof that Atlantas Fashion week is so superior? Unfortunately, any fashion week is better than Dallas' last year because they didn't throw one due to the economy apparently. I know that when Oscar de la Renta wanted to expand to the sunbelt cities it chose Dallas over Atlanta because of the fashion week in Dallas. As for the African Americans liking Atlanta more thats just from my personal experience. Friends and co-workers of mine that were African American seemed to really like Atlanta a lot while my White, Latin and Asian friends didn't really think too highly of it. I am the only one of my friends that moved to Dallas, the others to California, Canada, Florida and up North. And aren't African Americans by far the largest population group moving to the Atlanta Metro? Its just an observation I've made. And no I don't have a problem with that and I'm not racist toward anyone if that is what Grindin is indirectly saying. How come when someone makes a comment about the African American population its racist?? I never said anything derogatory toward that race. As for your comment on diversity between Atlanta and Dallas......
"What I also noticed that in the high society pages in Atlanta vs DALLAS is the diversity in the crowds at these ultra wealthy events." Well the photos that were posted to show how fashion forward Atlanta is wasn't very diverse either wouldnt you say? There was maybe one white person in all those pics, no latinos and no asians.
I rarely say "its a fact that......" A lot of my posts come from my perspective. Also, people may not respond to every response of yours because who honestly has time to sit here and read every response word for word, so don't take it personally if a statement of yours doesn't get a response. And, yes I did not respond to your Atlanta Fashion Week comment on purpose because I didn't know one existed until your post and could not find much information on it online to respond. Heres a vid from Dallas fashion week. Pretty Hot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJt24f3cYQ

Last edited by R1070; 07-15-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 09:07 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Maybe I shouldn't say that it's a "negative" or a criticism of Atlanta, but it definitely comes off as quite snide and smartass.
How does that come off as snide?
I have to agree with him, it's called not being able to handle criticism.
That's actually an honest question. Atlantan's constantly throw the jealousy so card so why not ask what is there to be jealous of. I see no one answered it, they just went into defense mode.

Face it, Most of the Atlanta posters from City vs. City cannot handle when the flaws of there city is pointed out. Texans don't get that pathetic unless they fight each other.

-------------
Wait, I've even seen posts on this forum telling newcomers to stay away from me and jluke; because we love to drag Atlanta down. I was surprised to see this in a forum that up until then I rarely read and had never posted on. I was even more surprised to see you add your $0.02 it. If you notice people on the City vs. City forum don't dislike Atlanta, they dislike the posters. Hell I'll say it again, some of yall need to get over yourselves.

Also, why isn't this on the city vs. city forum. It's very out of place here on the Atlanta forum.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
How does that come off as snide?
I have to agree with him, it's called not being able to handle criticism.
That's actually an honest question. Atlantan's constantly throw the jealousy so card so why not ask what is there to be jealous of. I see no one answered it, they just went into defense mode.

Face it, Most of the Atlanta posters from City vs. City cannot handle when the flaws of there city is pointed out. Texans don't get that pathetic unless they fight each other.

Wait, I've even seen posts on this forum telling newcomers to stay away from me and jluke; because we love to drag Atlanta down. I was surprised to see this in a forum that up until then I rarely read and had never posted on. I was even more surprised to see you add your $0.02 it. If you notice people on the City vs. City forum don't dislike Atlanta, they dislike the posters. Hell I'll say it again, some of yall need to get over yourselves.

Also, why isn't this on the city vs. city forum. It's very out of place here on the Atlanta forum

Well, I guess we have different definitions. of what constitutes "snide"

And the Texas posters throw the "jealous" card quite a bit too, so don't even try it. Real comfy over there straddling the fence along the Sabine River, hmmmm?

I rarely post on these types of threads anymore, because whenever Texas cities and Atlanta are mentioned, it's the same tired ass arguments over and over and over and over again. So what's the point? And yes, this should go in the City-vs-city thread. Like I said before, there is enough homegrown drama and BS in the Atlanta forums as it is without this type of crap.

And let me reiterate (what I've been saying the whole damn time if any of you could read) that I said that both the Atlanta and Texas posters pull this crap. So the Texas posters and you (again, having no dog in this fight) could stand to get over yourselves too as far as I'm concerned.

If you or anyone else can't get what I've been saying through your thick ass skulls, then I can't help y'all. This is turning into High School 'he-said/she-said' hearsay.

Last edited by grindin; 07-15-2010 at 09:29 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
You've been around long enough to know that this is only partially true. Most of the crap starts when people spew nothing but lies and/or insults - it's called defense mode.

And there ARE several Texans that flock to these threads like moths to a candle - they obviously just can't help themselves. Oversized egos and and an oversized opinion of self worth come into play constantly, and it is NOT just from the Atlanta posters.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 AM

468 posts, read 790,362 times
BOOKED!!!!!!

B][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
No.I never said that your experiences or made up.Just that your "facts" are.There probably are some real reason for Atlanta not to be to your liking.Frankly they are probably some of my dislikes as well.But when you make blanket statements about a place and say things like "A.A. tend to like it more" is your opinion but you cannot tell me you cannot understand how a white, Hispanic,Asian or another race might see that as somehow condescending?As if the city has little offer for no other group.

I challenged you(and another) also when you made an "outlandish" claims about: As an educated A.A where the overwhelming amount of my A.A. friends are either lawyer,Doctors,teachers,Policemen.etc...I find that very stereotypical and VERY ignorant for someone who has lived in Atlanta for 7 years.

I also brought up the fact about how the Fashion Week in Dallas PALES in comparison to the several in Atlanta.You nor any other DALLAS booster had nothing to say about that.

For you to have one friend left in Atlanta is not ODD at all.Like they say birds of a feather ,flock together.... to DALLAS.

What I also noticed that in the high society pages in Atlanta vs DALLAS is the diversity in the crowds at these ultra wealthy events.In Dallas all you see is old white women with tons of plastic surgery covered in diamonds with a room full of hardly even any other races.Atlanta,there are still more whites but its very evident that blacks are represented as well.Since Dallas has more Hispanics you would think you would see more in its crowds.But you don't.

I also find it odd how if your theory of A.A. loving it more( as if its not as much for others),then how come the white population has drastically increased in the city limits more than any other city in the U.S.?The black population is loosing population within the city limits.Or is that because Techwood,Perry Homes,etc.are no longer here?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
BOOKED!!!!!!

B][/b]

Oh yes, he totally put me in my place.

Haha this is why people post on Atlanta threads and you never hear from them again, because once the Atlanta posters start going nuts people just move on to the next thread. So much anger and violence, typical ATL I guess. lol

Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
The difference between Dallas and Atlanta fashion wise are minimal with a minor slight edge going to Dallas. Its not worth arguing 23 pages over.

Most of what I have read is this thread on both sides of the argument is pure opinion. Nothing more nothing less. The fact that both Dallas and Atlanta are both ranked as fashion capitals by the Fashion Capital Media Research group implies they are both no slouch.

The people saying that in Dallas its a bunch of people dressed like cowboys and old white women dressed in diamonds, I would say you have no clue whatsoever.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
The difference between Dallas and Atlanta fashion wise are minimal with a minor slight edge going to Dallas. Its not worth arguing 23 pages over.

Most of what I have read is this thread on both sides of the argument is pure opinion. Nothing more nothing less. The fact that both Dallas and Atlanta are both ranked as fashion capitals by the Fashion Capital Media Research group implies they are both no slouch.

The people saying that in Dallas its a bunch of people dressed like cowboys and old white women dressed in diamonds, I would say you have no clue whatsoever.

As usual, LANative10 is an island of reason in a sea of insanity.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Oh yes, he totally put me in my place.

Haha this is why people post on Atlanta threads and you never hear from them again, because once the Atlanta posters start going nuts people just move on to the next thread. So much anger and violence, typical ATL I guess. lol
Then why are u here...evidentally it hasn't kept u from posting. See your making seedy remarks and that's what causes things to go down hill....

Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

Right on time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta