Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Well, I guess we have different definitions. of what constitutes "snide"
I guess so because I see it as just being what it is.

Quote:
And the Texas posters throw the "jealous" card quite a bit too, so don't even try it. Real comfy over there straddling the fence along the Sabine River, hmmmm?
I'll stay right here and straddle the Mississippi, thank you. Sabine a little too far for me.
Oh yeah they both do, but not as much as the Atlantan's do; at least not in my observation. Let "some" of the Atlantan posters tell it, everything east of the Mississippi River is jealous of Atlanta. It's always "somebody is picking on Atlanta, nobody wants Atlanta to be _________, etc." from some of you. The crap you see in a Dallas vs Houston post is the exact same crap you see in a Atlanta vs. anybody post.

Quote:
I rarely post on these types of threads anymore, because whenever Texas cities and Atlanta are mentioned, it's the same tired ass arguments over and over and over and over again. So what's the point? And yes, this should go in the City-vs-city thread. Like I said before, there is enough homegrown drama and BS in the Atlanta forums as it is without this type of crap.
Exactly. The only reason I added something to this one was to show how close the two were to keep it from blowing up and look where it went.

Quote:
And let me reiterate (what I've been saying the whole damn time if any of you could read) that I said that both the Atlanta and Texas posters pull this crap. So the Texas posters and you (again, having no dog in this fight) could stand to get over yourselves too as far as I'm concerned.
You commenting that I have no dog in this fight. Which one? If you're talking about the OP you'll see that I never even addressed it. I could care less, I mean Atlanta and Dallas are the last two places on my mind right now that I would visit to shop. Now as far as arguing over who's posts more BS, GA or TX; I have one of the biggest pits in the litter. I've had my share of arguments with Texans and I have been ganged up on by Atlantans and argued with them more than enough. Trust me, I can speak on this one. You see I'm the only one too thick headed to not let it go and let the you all go on thinking you won (unless they proved me wrong). Pay attention, I only pick up arguments that I can back-up and I drag them on forever and ever until.... Everyone else gets tired of arguing with Atlantans.
Dude, get over it.

Quote:
If you or anyone else can't get what I've been saying through your thick ass skulls, then I can't help y'all. This is turning into High School 'he-said/she-said' hearsay.
Well you did a lot to help that situation. Own your BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Yep, right on time with the indignation and the "who me?" act.

I don't know what they call it out in Texas, but when remarks such as

or

are made, it can definitely be taken in the wrong way. Maybe I shouldn't say that it's a "negative" or a criticism of Atlanta, but it definitely comes off as quite snide and smartass. And you're in the Atlanta thread, so of course, people in the Atlanta threads are going to take exception to someone saying something like that, especially someone who has professed to have never been to the city. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but if people feel that you're talking out of your ass, don't be surprised if and when someone says something about it.

Like I said before, if someone said things like this in the Houston boards, you'd be on them like black on tar, and you know it. I'm taking exception to the hypocrisy, not you or anyone else's criticism of the city.

I've been quite critical of Atlanta in the past, and I admit all the time that ATL isn't the be-all and end-all that many make it out to be, so don't even start that cra
Neither one of those were an insult or bashing; my point was you guys were acting like Atlanta was NY or LA. When in reality Houston and Dallas offer just as much as Atlanta.

No I wouldn't; especially about fashion. I always admit Atlanta is a more fashionable city. Your obviously just paranoid about everyone bashing ATL; that every time something negative is said about the city. You jump on everyone and start throwing out lame accusations. I actually sided with ATLiens in the beginning, but somewhere I guess ya'll decided to pull at the victim card and start going in for no reason what so ever. If you actually read and weren't so biased; you'd see I never bashed Atlanta and started this whole feud.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
You've been around long enough to know that this is only partially true. Most of the crap starts when people spew nothing but lies and/or insults - it's called defense mode.

And there ARE several Texans that flock to these threads like moths to a candle - they obviously just can't help themselves. Oversized egos and and an oversized opinion of self worth come into play constantly, and it is NOT just from the Atlanta posters.
Seriously though johnatl, most Atlantan posters take any thing that isn't acknowledging Atlanta in a good way as an insult. Acknowledge any neutral or negative aspect of Atlanta and here they come. Most of the Texan posters don't get that antsy unless they're fighting each other. Atlantan posters dish it to whoever, whenever.

I've said over and over again that out of either side, there are a few good posters and the rest are kicks.

The SAME Texans and Georgians flock to every last one of these damn threads and the same argument goes on over and over, but from my observation; more times than not an Atlanta flies off the handle first.

Hell, from my personal experience here. The Atlantans tend to team up and "try" to go in. The Texans start disagreeing with each other somewhere along the way. The few "good" Texan posters will often chime in when the "bad" Texans are wrong. The "good" Atlantans usually won't.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
You commenting that I have no dog in this fight. Which one? If you're talking about the OP you'll see that I never even addressed it. I could care less, I mean Atlanta and Dallas are the last two places on my mind right now that I would visit to shop. Now as far as arguing over who's posts more BS, GA or TX; I have one of the biggest pits in the litter. I've had my share of arguments with Texans and I have been ganged up on by Atlantans and argued with them more than enough. Trust me, I can speak on this one. You see I'm the only one too thick headed to not let it go and let the you all go on thinking you won (unless they proved me wrong). Pay attention, I only pick up arguments that I can back-up and I drag them on forever and ever until.... Everyone else gets tired of arguing with Atlantans.
Dude, get over it.

Well you did a lot to help that situation. Own your BS.

Who said anything about "winning"? I certainly didn't. And if you like to argue ad nauseum in order to get the last word and "win" over the Atlanta posters, that's your problem.

And I was just making my observations of the situation, nothing more, nothing less. I talked about posters from both regions in my initial post. How convenient that you overlooked that. And I barely "helped". This thread was on page 21 when I came in here, much of which turned into an arguement approximately 10 pages earlier.

I knew I shouldn't have roped myself into this thread. There will be another thread with the same crap in it and everyone will find something to argue about in there too.

Last edited by grindin; 07-15-2010 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 11:51 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Seriously though johnatl, most Atlantan posters take any thing that isn't acknowledging Atlanta in a good way as an insult. Acknowledge any neutral or negative aspect of Atlanta and here they come. Most of the Texan posters don't get that antsy unless they're fighting each other. Atlantan posters dish it to whoever, whenever.

I've said over and over again that out of either side, there are a few good posters and the rest are kicks.

The SAME Texans and Georgians flock to every last one of these damn threads and the same argument goes on over and over, but from my observation; more times than not an Atlanta flies off the handle first.

Hell, from my personal experience here. The Atlantans tend to team up and "try" to go in. The Texans start disagreeing with each other somewhere along the way. The few "good" Texan posters will often chime in when the "bad" Texans are wrong. The "good" Atlantans usually won't.
Very fair of you, thanks.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:55 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Neither one of those were an insult or bashing; my point was you guys were acting like Atlanta was NY or LA. When in reality Houston and Dallas offer just as much as Atlanta.

No I wouldn't; especially about fashion. I always admit Atlanta is a more fashionable city. Your obviously just paranoid about everyone bashing ATL; that every time something negative is said about the city. You jump on everyone and start throwing out lame accusations. I actually sided with ATLiens in the beginning, but somewhere I guess ya'll decided to pull at the victim card and start going in for no reason what so ever. If you actually read and weren't so biased; you'd see I never bashed Atlanta and started this whole feud.
Believe it or not, I couldn't care less about people bashing the city. No matter what information we can put out there, people are going to believe what they want to anyhow. I've always said that I felt that Houston/Dallas/Atlanta are on roughly the same level of amenities, so stop lumping me with all these Atlanta posters that seem to annoy you with their grandiose delusions of grandeur. I think very few posters here would think that Atlanta was on the level of NYC or LA. That would be ludicrous. I've been to LA, I've been to NYC. Atlanta is NO NYC or LA. Not even close. We're a major city/large regional center that anchors the Southeastern region of the US. Simple as that. Even when I was a wide-eyed, wet-behind-the-ear bumpkin from Jackson, MS (by way of Tampa), I knew that.

My accusations are hardly "lame" though. It's been an observation of mine in quite a few of these types of threads.

And I'm hardly "biased" in this matter, since I talked about the posters from both regions. Like I said in my follow up post if you had bothered to read it:

Quote:
And let me reiterate (what I've been saying the whole damn time if any of you could read) that I said that both the Atlanta and Texas posters pull this crap. So the Texas posters could stand to get over yourselves too as far as I'm concerned.
In other words, all along, I have said that everyone is just as guilty. I don't understand why people don't get this. I was pretty "equal opportunity" in my as you say it, "bitching".

So save the martyr act for someone who gives a damn.

Last edited by grindin; 07-15-2010 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 11:55 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Oh yes, he totally put me in my place.

Haha this is why people post on Atlanta threads and you never hear from them again, because once the Atlanta posters start going nuts people just move on to the next thread. So much anger and violence, typical ATL I guess. lol
And then we have this as another prime example of why some REFUSE to defuse things and just continue to bash away.

I won't respond to this garbage, but you know damn well this is the kind of crap that upsets some, yet you continue to blame us?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I honestly had no idea there was even a fashion week in Atlanta. I had never heard of it until you mentioned it. I had heard of the Fashion in the Park at NorthPark Center when I lived in Atlanta.
"I also brought up the fact about how the Fashion Week in Dallas PALES in comparison to the several in Atlanta.You nor any other DALLAS booster had nothing to say about that." You say that I make blank statements without anything to back them up, well wheres your proof that Atlantas Fashion week is so superior? Unfortunately, any fashion week is better than Dallas' last year because they didn't throw one due to the economy apparently. I know that when Oscar de la Renta wanted to expand to the sunbelt cities it chose Dallas over Atlanta because of the fashion week in Dallas. As for the African Americans liking Atlanta more thats just from my personal experience. Friends and co-workers of mine that were African American seemed to really like Atlanta a lot while my White, Latin and Asian friends didn't really think too highly of it. I am the only one of my friends that moved to Dallas, the others to California, Canada, Florida and up North. And aren't African Americans by far the largest population group moving to the Atlanta Metro? Its just an observation I've made. And no I don't have a problem with that and I'm not racist toward anyone if that is what Grindin is indirectly saying. How come when someone makes a comment about the African American population its racist?? I never said anything derogatory toward that race. As for your comment on diversity between Atlanta and Dallas......
"What I also noticed that in the high society pages in Atlanta vs DALLAS is the diversity in the crowds at these ultra wealthy events." Well the photos that were posted to show how fashion forward Atlanta is wasn't very diverse either wouldnt you say? There was maybe one white person in all those pics, no latinos and no asians.
I rarely say "its a fact that......" A lot of my posts come from my perspective. Also, people may not respond to every response of yours because who honestly has time to sit here and read every response word for word, so don't take it personally if a statement of yours doesn't get a response. And, yes I did not respond to your Atlanta Fashion Week comment on purpose because I didn't know one existed until your post and could not find much information on it online to respond. Heres a vid from Dallas fashion week. Pretty Hot!

YouTube - Diesel Bathing Show
Speaking for myself.Im not angry.I don't know you to be angry.All i can remark on is what you say.I dont know if you are racist.I try very hard to not think people (especially under 40) are racist.Yet based on your statements ,you are very ignorant.That I can forgive if you are willing to admit that you may have misspoke.But I have not heard you defend any thing you have been called out on.

As far as Fashion Week-Atlanta has 2 big ones and they have been around as early as 2006.Kenneth Cole (went to college at Emory)is one of its past contributors.Mychael Knight ,Project Runway Designer is also very active in it.

Haute'Atlanta and Fashion Week Atlanta:

YouTube - Models & Moguls Presents Atlanta International Fashion Week 2009

One indicator of knowing how big then industry is by looking to see what modeling agenies are represented there.Google this "modeling agecies in atlanta".then Dallas for Dallas.
Elite
The William Reynolds Agency
Clique
all have offices in Atlanta.Why is that relevant?What models do you think Dolce and Gabanna want their clothes to be shown on?Etlite Atlanta or "Dallas Chicken and Waffles and Models"?

You admitted how you knew nothing of Atlanta Fashion Week but thats not the first time you have said some things that you have spoke on with your "opinions". as if you knew so much about the city.

Last edited by afonega1; 07-15-2010 at 04:46 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 06:07 PM

468 posts, read 790,526 times
Well here is designer Jefferys doing his show in Atlanta

YouTube - Jeffrey Fashion Cares Atlanta 2009

Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about "winning"? I certainly didn't. And if you like to argue ad nauseum in order to get the last word and "win" over the Atlanta posters, that's your problem.

And I was just making my observations of the situation, nothing more, nothing less. I talked about posters from both regions in my initial post. How convenient that you overlooked that. And I barely "helped". This thread was on page 21 when I came in here, much of which turned into an arguement approximately 10 pages earlier.

I knew I shouldn't have roped myself into this thread. There will be another thread with the same crap in it and everyone will find something to argue about in there too.
What a way with words, huh Grindin?
You comment on my behavior, then when I elaborate on it; you don't know what I'm talking a about. Point is, some Atlanta posters will argue to the death (wrong or right) that Atlanta has any flaws or short comings what so ever. Most people just concede so that they'll shut up. I don't concede unless I'm wrong.

No Grindin I'm not referring to just this thread, but this whole Texas vs. Atlanta circle that's been going around and around forever now. You made the comment that it's childish/becoming childish. Like I said you didn't help when you and Mikeandwhaterver and whoever else desided to come to another forum and comment on the Texas posters. That's as highschool as it gets buddy. As far as your observations, I didn't overlook anything. I'm mainly addressing you feeling the need to pull me out, when you're doing exactly what you accuse me of. As much as I've posted and agreed with you, I'd really come to expect you as one of the few "good" posters; but the way you act when you get around the "ATLiens" and on the GA forum is like straight high school crap. Like I said, don't do me.

-------------------

I don't even know why this goes this far? I don't why i'm stupid enough to take it this far. It's a forum people, it's not even real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta