Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 PM

63 posts, read 223,225 times

Advertisements

Were moving to GA in Sept I am looking for a highschool for my daughter this is her 1st year. I have been looking into Loganville and Peachtree City can anyone Tell me the Good and bad. I already know that anyplace in Georgia is better than here but thats the point I also want safer and quieter.also any other areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 05:11 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,656,983 times
where will you be working?

Old 06-24-2007, 05:34 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmama11961 View Post
Were moving to GA in Sept I am looking for a highschool for my daughter this is her 1st year. I have been looking into Loganville and Peachtree City can anyone Tell me the Good and bad. I already know that anyplace in Georgia is better than here but thats the point I also want safer and quieter.also any other areas.
Hi there,
I have been looking into Buford, Canton and Woodstock. All have good schools and are convient communities(to shoping, church and schools etc) and seem very friendly and welcoming as well as quieter( I hear ya...I lived in Rochester NY for 5 yrs total) as has my brother who was raised there and is moving to GA from FL(same as me now) in the near future. God willing...If you want to PM me I have some links you could check out for yourself and see different communities/cities/towns etc as well as info on all of the above and then some....Take Care and good luck...Lisa

Old 06-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmama11961 View Post
Hi there,
I used to live in Rochester NY and I also noticed you had another post that you lived in Mt Morris. I went to school at BOCES in 1980. Sounds like alot has changed. What part of GA are you planning of moving too? I now live in FL and will hopefully be relocating to GA sometime this summer(late) or fall...
Good Luck,
Lisa

Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 AM

138 posts, read 622,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibseysgirl View Post
Hi there,
I have been looking into Buford, Canton and Woodstock. All have good schools and are convient communities(to shoping, church and schools etc) and seem very friendly and welcoming as well as quieter( I hear ya...I lived in Rochester NY for 5 yrs total) as has my brother who was raised there and is moving to GA from FL(same as me now) in the near future. God willing...If you want to PM me I have some links you could check out for yourself and see different communities/cities/towns etc as well as info on all of the above and then some....Take Care and good luck...Lisa
Hey Lisa,

We went back to Canton this weekend to look at some more houses. I think we have found one we really like. Now we are busy fixing this house up to get it ready to show/sell.

If all goes well we might be new Canton residents in the next 4 to 8 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:17 PM

137 posts, read 739,268 times
We love Peachtree City. It is a great place to raise a family. Great schools, low crime, family oriented.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,146 times
Default moving from ATL to Rochester

What do you think about Rochester? I am considering moving there. Is it family oriented? is it safe?
thanks,

Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer-2 View Post
What do you think about Rochester? I am considering moving there. Is it family oriented? is it safe?
thanks,
Hi there Jennifer,
I have lived in Rochester NY twice in 20 yrs, parts of Rochester are very nice and others I wouldnt live in if you paid my rent or mortgage for me(Thurston Rd is one such area)...It has been a number of years since I have lived there and I still have family there. It gets very cold in winter(starting in Nov ending in May...no lie...although it can be nice on some days but winter really isnt over there until spring is almost over too...temps wise and I lived there when we had a major snow storm in April...ALOT of snow...(ALOT). If I were to move back to NY *upstate* I would go to smaller areas such as Avon, Lima or Honeyoye Falls....all of which are nice but still small town america....Its very rural but has lots of shopping and things to do..all these areas are family friendly for sure....Rochester ? Family friendly...its a big city with lots of shopping and parks and museums and things but I cant speak of family friendly per se its a big city, with big business and industry...When I lived there my son was only 2 so it was family friendly enough for us then but I dont know about now...I will ask my family that still lives there and can get back to you if you would like any info..Ask and I will ask them and get back to you...
If I may ask why Rochester NY?
Take Care
Lisa

Old 11-30-2007, 05:39 PM

102 posts, read 364,778 times
Default Go to Rochester!

I grew up in Rochester and left at age 26. I have lived in Atlanta (Gwinnett County) for 16 years and would absolutely LOVE to go back. My husband and I have two boys (7 and 5) and live in a very nice house in a great neighborhood, in the Brookwood High School district (one of the top three in the metro area). I also teach at BHS. I was able to get recertified in NY and had 2 job offers in suburban Rochester High Schools. If my husband was able to get a job in Rochester, we would go back in a heartbeat! It is rated #6 inthe most recent Places Rated Almanac, Pittsford (a suburb) is rated # 1 place in the US to raise a family! Obviously, there are places in the city of Rochester that are not "safe". But the suburbs of Pittsford, Penfield, Brighton, Fairport, etc have MUCH less crime than suburban Atlanta. I can't believe how much more frequently (almost nightly) major crime ( murder, armed robberies, grow houses, drug busts) in Gwinnett makes the local news. It was NOT like this in the 90's.
We are hoping to return to Rochester when/if the housing market picks up...and we can both get jobs.

In summary...Rochester is a fabulous place. You don't fully appreciate it until you move away!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:19 PM

944 posts, read 3,847,189 times
Ghanley, I sent you a private message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta