Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 04:53 PM

4 posts, read 6,206 times

Advertisements

My wife and I (no kids) will be moving to Atlanta in June. We are looking to rent (see details below) something in the northern suburbs. Ideally, we would like to be near 85/285 or 400/285. Any suggestions on websites/realtors/etc to use? Also, when would be the best time to start looking? Thanks!

1. Looking to Rent ($1200-1600)
2. Prefer House. Open to Townhomes, Condos, and Apartments.
3. Working in Midtown
4. No Children
5. Suburban Areas (North & Northeast of the City)
- Perimeter Mall, Brookhaven/Chastain, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs,
Norcross, Peachtree Corners
6. Public transportation not important
7. No preference on demographics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Default Follow-Up

In particular, we are interested in renting from a person (i.e. condo not apartment complex).

Do people use rental agents in Atlanta? Are there big rental agencies where people list condos? If not, where do you look to find houses/condos for rent?

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 PM

207 posts, read 643,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchSnow View Post
In particular, we are interested in renting from a person (i.e. condo not apartment complex).

Do people use rental agents in Atlanta? Are there big rental agencies where people list condos? If not, where do you look to find houses/condos for rent?

Thanks.
I don't have much to offer, but I have the same question as you. I have been checking craigslist, but the majority of the postings are by apartment complexes (hint: don't bother clicking on any title with an exclamation point; it will inevitably be for a complex). I have seen a few possibilities on there though.

You can also try hotpads.com and zillow.com (uncheck all but "For Rent" on zillow).

Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Check the 30329 area code. 20 min drive into midtown in the morning

Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 PM

349 posts, read 781,665 times
TooMuchSnow I trust you have visited Atlanta and understand the pros and cons. I just hate to see someone move expecting some sort of paradise only to later complain about Atlanta's sprawl, chain restaurants, etc. In regard to your question I would start with Craigs List. As I'm sure you know property owners do post there so it may be a good start.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 PM

468 posts, read 1,379,723 times
A lot of the real estate companies provide management services for individuals that have homes/condos/townhomes for rent. An agent can also give you specifics on the different areas and set you up for email listings from the MLS so you can see the market activity/rates/availabilities/etc for the different areas.

All the areas you listed are pretty good areas - hopefully you'll have a chance to come down pre-move and do a little exploring or narrowing down of your choices.

Welcome south!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 AM

43 posts, read 116,516 times
I just worked with Jane Mentzer @ Keller Williams to find a house. She sent me listings on a regular basis, but I also searched on Rentals.com which is where i ultimately ended up finding the house we are going to rent. But she arranged the home tours and also drove my husband around all the areas where we were considering prior to narrowing down our search. She was wonderful! Her email address is janementzer@kw.com

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:55 PM

Thanks everyone. We will keep checking Craigslist and the other websites mentioned.

Any other Real Estate agents/companies to recommend?

Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,775,179 times
I don't have much to help you out, but I will say given the criteria you listed... you listed the general areas (in #5) that I would have recommended. You probably are off to a good start to be headed in that direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta