Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM

183 posts, read 353,064 times

Advertisements

Taking MARTA for the first time...none of friends seem to know the answer to the question. Idiotic questions, I know....Maybe you can help?

I need to go from Alpharetta to the Arts Center MARTA station.

If I park at a Park and Ride (Lake Windward), it's free, right?

Then when I board the bus to go to the North Springs station, can I pay cash to the driver and get a transfer ticket to take MARTA (ie I don't need to pay any further $$ for MARTA?)?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 10:45 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Not too sure about the bus boarding process any longer. You used to be able to do it they way you describe, but things have changed with the introduction of Breeze cards.

You should be able to find out here: MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority

Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times
All MARTA short-term parking is free for up to 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure that the bus transfers are inside the fare gates of the North Springs station, and if so, you don't have to worry about bus transfers. (Some other stations don't do this, and you'll need some kind of transfer.)

Old 10-07-2010, 11:02 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
http://www.itsmarta.com/uploadedFile...e%20090710.pdf

You are going to need a BreezeCard (if you plan to use marta alot $1 extra Get it at Train station or RideStore) or Breezeticket($.50 extra onboard the bus ) .

Pay the $2.50 + $2 for return trip as you get on the bus, Driver will give you a BreezeTicket. When you get off the bus at NorthSprings, you take your ticket and swipe it to get into the trainstation, and tranfer. (park&Ride lot is free).

If you are going to artscenter 'off-rush' hour, I would drive down to Northsprings and park there (Free 24h i think). Express park-ride bus only run durring rush hour, off rush, its the local bus that winds its way for 1hour thru Roswell & alphreatta.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:39 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Maybe I should start a separate thread but I have another MARTA question. With the fare changes, will my Breeze card still work or will I have to go get another one? The last time they went up that's what happened. But maybe it's just because I have a half-fare card that has to have your photo on it.

Seems like something you ought to be able to handle online.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 25,645 times
Breeze Cards themselves are not affected by the fare change; you'll just have to pay the new rate when you load more value or trips onto it. Things might be different for you if you use a half-fare card.

Check your Breeze balance online: https://balance.breezecard.com/breez...dnumberweb.jsp

MARTA has two routes that operate relatively quickly from Alpharetta to the North Springs Rail station:

Route 140 operates from the Windward Park & Ride or from downtown Alpharetta (depends on what trip you catch); it runs local on North Point Parkway to the Mansell Park & Ride lot, where it goes express on GA-400 to the rail station. Your quickest trip would be to Park/Ride from Mansell Rd or catch a trip that departs from Windward Pkwy. This route runs everyday, all day.

Route 143 runs from the Windward Park & Ride to the North Springs Station, express on GA-400. It circulates through some office parks at the North end, but aside from that, it's a direct trip with no stops between Windward and the rail station. This route runs weekday rush hours only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta