Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
No, just seems a bit, I dunno childish/unrealistic. Just moving to NYC or LA just because your famous seems rather unnecessary now and pointless. Especially since we have world wide, instantaneous communications now where deals can be made literally on the planet in real time. For T.I. specifically, he built his fame on being from Atlanta, so going to LA or NYC would have probably killed his career and this thread wouldn't even be in existence. And if you haven't noticed, whether you like it or not, Atlanta is kind of ground zero for hip-hop at the moment. Why do you think there are so many nickel and dime MCs hanging out on the corner?
As I stated, the world is bigger than Atlanta GA. He built his fame by being dope, not being from Atlnata. Anywho I answered the question. If Atlanta is the deadend for TI thats him, I was simply answering the question of "what would you do?" You ARE correct about nickel & dime emcees. I take it you listen to some real emcees every now & again. Hopefully theres no PeachyFresh featuring Kouchie Boy in your iphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:13 PM

237 posts, read 458,053 times
He is happy, he is at home in Atlanta, he represents Atlanta every chance he gets and yes his lyrics and music did play a part in making him dope, but him being himself and remaining humble took care of the rest, hence all came about in ATLANTA! Most of the people I know, the first thing they associate with Atlanta entertainment wise, 3000, T.I. and Ludacris come out they mouth. I know if it were me, if I had all the amenities I needed right where I have lived all my life, I would not go anywhere, no matter who hate on me, they can go right on ahead. A friend of mine once said that you can't live without a hater or two, they become your entertainment. mmmmhh! Imagine that. GO HEAD T.I.!! Do the dam thang man! Good luck in court!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:08 AM

397 posts, read 843,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuvalLuvah View Post
You are talking about a very smart and sophisticated young man, contrary to some beliefs, you would be surprised that despite some negativity, he & his wife have their hands in a lot more than you would think. Dude has very unique strategic skills. He is an example of success. Don't be so quick to judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnSAV View Post
As far as rappers go, I think TI is a pretty good guy. For one thing, he's obviously very smart and doesn't look or talk like the stereotypical ATL gangsta thug. So why can't he stay out of trouble?
This is the "smart" guy you are speaking of? Bwahhahahaa!

Before, the gun charges (which by the way included fully automatic weapons AND silencers - Illigal for 99% of citizens), T.I. already had a laundry list of criminal offenses, as well as parole violations. Here's a look at his record, dating back to 1997.
Nov. 1997 arrested in Georgia for distribution of cocaine, manufacturing and distributing a controlled substance, and giving authorities a false name. He was later sentenced for this crime serving seven months in jail and released on seven years of probation.
Sept. 2003 - arrested in Florida for striking an officer, trespassing and disorderly conduct

Dec. 2003 - warrant issued in Geogia for violating parole
Apr. 2004 - sentenced in Georgia to three years in jail; served less than a year
Jan. 2005 - sentenced in Florida to 18 months' probation and 75 hours of community service
May 2005 - released from Georgia jail on $25,000 bond
2005 - arrested for threatening man outside Atlanta strip club; charge dismissed.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:15 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Has he been to court yet?

Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM

237 posts, read 458,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
This is the "smart" guy you are speaking of? Bwahhahahaa!

Before, the gun charges (which by the way included fully automatic weapons AND silencers - Illigal for 99% of citizens), T.I. already had a laundry list of criminal offenses, as well as parole violations. Here's a look at his record, dating back to 1997.
Nov. 1997 arrested in Georgia for distribution of cocaine, manufacturing and distributing a controlled substance, and giving authorities a false name. He was later sentenced for this crime serving seven months in jail and released on seven years of probation.
Sept. 2003 - arrested in Florida for striking an officer, trespassing and disorderly conduct

Dec. 2003 - warrant issued in Geogia for violating parole
Apr. 2004 - sentenced in Georgia to three years in jail; served less than a year
Jan. 2005 - sentenced in Florida to 18 months' probation and 75 hours of community service
May 2005 - released from Georgia jail on $25,000 bond
2005 - arrested for threatening man outside Atlanta strip club; charge dismissed.
Bi*** freeze, You can think what you want, just becuz someone has been to jail doesnt mean they arent smart, his business ventures would run circles around whatever you got becuz the truth is, not too many can match up to him, get ya mind right, hating is not a good look for most people. Dont hate him cuz he been in, been out, been up AND been down, but at the end of the day, his bank got the last word. tighten up!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:49 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Looks to me like TI fell in with bad companions when he was young and impressionable, and bought into that "gangsta" shtick. He's obviously a very bright and talented young guy and it's good to see him getting his act together. He definitely needs to stay away from negative types who would drag him down again. Peer pressure is a powerful thing it's easy to fall back into the pit.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
No, just seems a bit, I dunno childish/unrealistic. ?
Like most of his posts...\

Quote:
Looks to me like TI fell in with bad companions when he was young and impressionable, and bought into that "gangsta" shtick. He's obviously a very bright and talented young guy and it's good to see him getting his act together. He definitely needs to stay away from negative types who would drag him down again. Peer pressure is a powerful thing it's easy to fall back into the pit.
That is true. His issues seems to be, he doesn't know when to use his sense to stay out of trouble.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:56 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Very true, and this particular hearing is related to an addiction. You can be a very smart and a good person, and still fall into trouble because of an addiction you can not control.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:25 PM

649 posts, read 1,424,182 times
looks like TI will be getting another 11 months in prison according to reports.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:20 PM

397 posts, read 843,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuvalLuvah View Post
Bi*** freeze, You can think what you want, just becuz someone has been to jail doesnt mean they arent smart, his business ventures would run circles around whatever you got becuz the truth is, not too many can match up to him, get ya mind right, hating is not a good look for most people. Dont hate him cuz he been in, been out, been up AND been down, but at the end of the day, his bank got the last word. tighten up!
Brilliant! So because someone can make money as a hip hop artist, that person is smart? I'm not sure you've paid much attention that community if that is your belief. You do seem to have the grammer down though.

The guy has proven himself to be anything but bright. His decision making skills are terrible. Even if you are not on probabtion, who the he!! would drive around with illegal, fully automatic weapons and silencers?

BTW, how old does someone have to be when they can stop using the peer pressure excuse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: