Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 03:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times

Advertisements

Be careful out there. I'm watching cars trying to make it up the hill outside our neighborhood, and two are already stuck. Another local road is closed because of a car going off the side.

I have a son heading home from UGA, so if anybody has any info on 316, I-85 or Pleasant Hill, I'd appreciate hearing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 03:47 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
I took a nasty spill on a patch of ice on my front steps. I'm going to have to go to the doctor, once I find someone to drive me, because I think I may have broken my ankle - it's swollen HUGE and I can't move it. Can't walk, either. And the other leg is all banged-up and bloody. This is a fun day. ;p

Yeah... be careful out there!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 PM

Now there is a flipped SUV on our hill. I HATE ice.

Poor Neemy, hope it's not a break.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:30 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
Right now, intown around L5P there is no ice, but it's constantly misting and the temps are dropping.

I live on a hill along McLendon Ave. Last time it iced over with wet conditions this part of McLendon became a slanted ice skating rink and cars were all over.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:30 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,892 times
Cars are sliding all over Cobb Pkwy... I almost took a slide myself and thought I was going to **** myself.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Uh oh, I take it back. I am sitting by my front window facing the street and a bike commuter just slipped off his bike. I went out and asked and he confirmed that it's ice, declined a ride home. I bike commute but got home before dark so didn't deal with the ice.

Be careful out there folks!

Atlanta weather | Ice causes havoc on roads *| ajc.com

Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Nasty stuff. I didn't want to post these pics right out here, because some people get squeamish when they see blood. This is what ice did to me, today (I have bronchitis, so was wearing my pj pants) It's a pretty large abrasion on my knee, but superficial. I actually have a deeper gash on my foot. That pic is kind of hard to make out. It's looking down on my foot, so it's kind of upside-downish. You can see my toes.

As for the sprain/fracture/whatever...this is my other foot. This looks like someone's knee, but it's my ankle! (Haven't shaved my legs in two days. Excuse that. >.< )

Other side of same ankle:

You can't see my anklebones! I have to keep my foot pointed like that (I'm lying on my bed right now). It won't flex. You can see how swollen it is on the top. It's swollen on both sides, but the first pic is more like a large lump.

So that's been my excitement. Now just have to get to a doctor tomorrow to have this checked out!

This isn't my first bad spill on ice patches. And I've driven and hit them before, and spun out.

Stay careful, folks!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Holy cow, that looks painful. May as well just stay home, like you're doing. In my experience it isn't worth a trip to the emergency room for a break, since the orthopedic doctors always re-xray anyway.

The fire dept just arrived to deal with the flipped SUV, it's been over an hour since it happened.
Still haven't heard from my son, but I understand traffic is at a standstill on the northside.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:07 PM

Yeah, don't go to the ER. I broke my foot right before labor day. Just do the RICE thing and make an appointment with a podiatrist or orthopedist as soon as you can. If it's minor they may just put you in an aircast for several weeks (ie, walking cast).

But don't waste your time in the ER.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Holy cow, that looks painful. May as well just stay home, like you're doing. In my experience it isn't worth a trip to the emergency room for a break, since the orthopedic doctors always re-xray anyway.

The fire dept just arrived to deal with the flipped SUV, it's been over an hour since it happened.
Still haven't heard from my son, but I understand traffic is at a standstill on the northside.
Yeah, I'm staying in tonight. I'm worried about my mom driving in this, though. She's in Sandy Springs.

Okay, as I was typing that, she called. She spun out on Johnson Ferry, so is coming back home. Traffic's at a standstill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: