Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 PM

42 posts, read 132,480 times

Advertisements

Sup, all! Will be in Atlanta for New Year's Eve. Will be looking for a mixed crowd club where people mingle and party, not sit around and pose for pictures. I'm in Memphis and there is nothing like that hear. Can anyone suggest the best spot to check out? Last time I was there was back in '05 on New Year's Eve at this club called Babylon. We partied all night and the vibe was crazy but from what I heard the place was closed down a few months later . Was thinking of stopping in Nashville the night before but I may just skip it and get to Atlanta a day early. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 06:54 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,027,124 times
COMPOUND your Atlanta Nightlife

Old 12-28-2010, 08:13 AM

Thx a lot for the response! Any other places come to mind, anyone??

Old 12-28-2010, 08:46 AM

562 posts, read 1,791,906 times
I would second Compound, although half of the club is outdoors, so they have heated tents (never been for NYE, but thats what they do for Halloween), so that kind of sucks.
I dont know of any other clubs that throw large parties besides Havana, Opera, and CosmoLava.

Larger Hotel Type parties....Hyatt Regency- 4200 people. New Years Eve Parties at Downtown Countdown in Atlanta, Baltimore and Washington DC, all-inclusive New Years Eve 2007 Party by Lindy Promotions and USA Entertainment..
200 peachtree- 1500 people
Crown Plaza Ravinia- 2000 people
W hotel- 500 people?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:33 AM

Thanks again. I probably should have named this thread "New Year's Eve Parties", come to think of it. I'm looking for a casual dress atmosphere too. Nothing formal.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:17 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,109,821 times
How much of a cover are you willing to pay? And what is your definition of mixed?

Old 12-28-2010, 04:06 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,576,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Guapo View Post
Sup, all! Will be in Atlanta for New Year's Eve. Will be looking for a mixed crowd club where people mingle and party, not sit around and pose for pictures. I'm in Memphis and there is nothing like that hear. Can anyone suggest the best spot to check out? Last time I was there was back in '05 on New Year's Eve at this club called Babylon. We partied all night and the vibe was crazy but from what I heard the place was closed down a few months later . Was thinking of stopping in Nashville the night before but I may just skip it and get to Atlanta a day early. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx!!!
lol @ sit around & pose for pictures! Whats wrong with the party seen in Memphis? What are they doing wrong? I say save your money. Save enough to go to New York or Miami for a real party. Have you been to Miami or New York City before? Its worth the try. Goodluck.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
And what is your definition of mixed?
Lol! You know, diverse. Young and hip black, white, yellow, brown....

As for cover, nothing formal. I know clubs charge a premium for big nights though. Nothing outrageous. Just a place that's known for the best bashes.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
lol @ sit around & pose for pictures! Whats wrong with the party seen in Memphis? What are they doing wrong? I say save your money. Save enough to go to New York or Miami for a real party. Have you been to Miami or New York City before? Its worth the try. Goodluck.
In my opinion, the nightlife here doesn't offer much in the way of diversity. It's either too hood or a little too hillbilly for my taste. Those other two cities sound great but I want to go some place that's a relatively close driving distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta