Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 09:50 PM

416 posts, read 1,089,887 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about these areas?
Dallas address, South of Dallas, . . . or a Douglasville address on the Paulding County side.
and
What about the Douglasville area in Paulding and and Douglas County
How are these areas for crime, schools, quality of life etc. ?
I assume this is too far to commute to downtown or midtown.
Is is too controversial to ask what the racial mix is in that area?
How would the above areas compare to Marietta or Kennesaw?
any advice or opinions are appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 04:13 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1968 View Post
Does anyone know about these areas?
Dallas address, South of Dallas, . . . or a Douglasville address on the Paulding County side.
and
What about the Douglasville area in Paulding and and Douglas County
How are these areas for crime, schools, quality of life etc. ?
I assume this is too far to commute to downtown or midtown.
Is is too controversial to ask what the racial mix is in that area?
How would the above areas compare to Marietta or Kennesaw?
any advice or opinions are appreciated.
Thank you.
I've lived in Dallas,GA before, and I will never live there again if I can help it. In my opinion, the schools could be better than they are. I went to high school there and I didn't get alot out of it.

The commute from Dallas,GA is too far from downtown. The commute from Dallas,GA to Kennesaw is too far. This is the problem. Paulding County doesn't have I-75 running through it. You have to take a bunch of roads in order to get to I-75 in Cobb County.

The racial mix, well, Paulding County has gotten more diverse since I lived there. However, my memories of it are not that great when it comes to race relations. I moved there in August 1997, from Marietta,GA. Well, it was an initial shock for me to be the only African-American in my homeroom, and be one of maybe 2 African-Americans in any of my classes. The years I played little league out there, I was the only Black kid on the team. I got used to it though. The issues I had, as far as race, came a bit later as more African-Americans were moving to Paulding. There were a few occasions where kids who said "we're gonna lynch you" or "we're gonna hang you by the end of our rope". The Confederate flag was another issue. After it was banned from my high school, there were some fights that broke out, some of it racial.

In 1997, Paulding County was about 94% White, 4% Black, and maybe a few Hispanics and Asians. Now it's more diverse.

Personally, I would recommend Kennesaw. At least the commute to downtown will be better. There are some racial issue, but not like what I saw in Paulding County. I could give a mouthful of what I experienced myself, but I will save it for later. School might be much better as property values might be higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta